PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Mr Hyde's Nasty Fall

DemonHunter4337
01-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Mr Hyde's Nasty Fall is officially gone www.rollercoasterfreak.com (http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com) has some pics. of it. Post your thoughts, comments and memories about Mr. Hyde's if any good memories of it at all.

btw I am sorry if another thread exists on it I couldn't find any.

Ryan F
01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I've never been on this one, but I have been on Demon Drop at CP a few times.
I love these rides, I love looking down through the grate under my feet to see the drop, and I love the feeling of landing on your back at the end.

Katie
01-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I rode this ride only this year, every year I have been to the park it was down for some serious issues. These rides are old, but fun too! If we didn't have Mr. Hyde and Demon Drop there would be no free fall towers like there are today.

I thought Mr. Hyde was a lot smoother then Demon Drop this year, but I doesn't matter, I like all drop towers. No matter how rickity they are!

rlrcstrfreak
01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Thats sucks! these rides are soo much fun. I've only been on Free fall as SFMM, and I love them. Although they could be taller.. whatever, they're still fun.

Fantom
01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I've been on this one, demon drop at CP, and Stuntman's freefall at SFGAdv. Its sad to see such a wonderful ride go... I wonder why CF decided to get rid of these rides. Isn't the CP one up for sale?

rlrcstrfreak
01-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah, what reason do they have to get rid of it? Hmm maybe It was just getting out of shape, to me it does looka bit worn out. Maybe there will be room for something else now...like S&S Screamin Squrriel or something. yeah right, but that would be cool.

Cuddy
01-29-2006, 11:54 PM
I guess I'll have to drive by tomorrow and take a look.

Dan G
01-30-2006, 12:28 AM
During the Pre-Six Flags era, the ride was very fun and smooth...I rememeber once Six Flags took over it got a lot rougher and the best thing they did to ride was give it a paint job (Don't even know if it was them who gave it the paint job). I am also very curious as to why it was removed, hopefully they are making room for a future attraction. I'm sure this removal is going to change the look of the parks skyline a lot. I had some good memories on it, but also some bad ones. It's always a loss to lose a ride, but if something better is replacing it, I have no problem with the removal.

DemonHunter4337
01-30-2006, 06:43 PM
^Maybe I should of rode it then because when I rode it last summer it was a very painful ride and not much fun. Thats why I did not like this ride much maybe if I rode it then instead of more recently when it was not running so hot my opinion would be different.

post #200 woo

apsterling
01-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I liked DD. It was a load of fun, but hey, if they could just launch you up, well, lets just say it would be way better

Irish05
01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
My only real memory of this ride was watching some guy ride it for over 2 hours straight(according to the ops). When I got up to my car I could see him chewing on the restraint. Good-bye to an average ride with a funny memory.

magnum_man1989
01-30-2006, 07:55 PM
I visited Geauga Lake about 3 years ago. At that Time i hated rides, so I never did get to ride it. It looks like alot of fun. It just makes me glad that CP hasn't got rid of demon drop YET. But I'm sure someone will purchase is during the season.