PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Winter Olympic Games

Leo C
02-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Friday February 10th, the 2006 Winter Olympics begins in Torino, Italy. There was a debate over what to call the town. NBC went with the Italian version of the name; newspapers are going with the English version: Turin. I prefer Torino.

I'll be sure to watch bits and pieces of ice skating, bobsleds/luge, downhill skiing with the shaloms, even curling in the late night. I see how curling is quite big in Canada. It caught my attention when I took a break from watching Conan one night. Ice shuffleboard basically.

Martin
02-08-2006, 06:36 AM
The events that interest me are the snowboard super pipe, bobsled, luge, and skeleton. Go USA, but mostly everyone is picking Germany to win.

Sir Willow
02-08-2006, 07:29 AM
It's funny, I've always found a lot more fun and interesting events to watch at the winter olympics than I did at the summer olympics- even though summer has far more events and athletes. Can't wait for them to start. Ice skating, luge, bobsled, hockey, curling, ski jumping, downhill, speedskating- and I know that there are some I'm missing.

Best part is, our new digital video recorder and digital cable are getting hooked up and turned on Friday morning, just in time for the opening ceremonies that night. Going to be great since otherwise we'd miss the first hour or two of the ceremonies.

Carowinds 73-03
02-08-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm looking foward to the Olympics. It's the only time of the year i watch more than 3 hours of TV a day.

I have my DVR already set to record everything. I do enjoy some events better than others but don't mind watching it all.

Coaster Freak
02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
I too enjoy the winter games more than the summer.....can't really explain why though. These olympics are somewhat special to me as they are in Italy (my family's country of origin) and with the next being in Vancouver (i'm first generation Canadian) it'll be fun. I really can't wait for 2010 so that I can experience it first hand in my own country.

My events of interest are bobsled, skeleton and speed skating.

slipknot8527
02-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Nothing beats luge and bobsledding to me.

And yes, the winter games>summer games anyday.

Wes
02-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I always love the winter games more than the summer ones.

Speedskating, Bobsledding, Figure Skating and luge are my favorites.

Chris your DVR is going to explode. lol

Leo C
02-09-2006, 12:03 AM
The shots of skiers flying by the markers on the course always amazed me. Let's get a Bobsled or Luge POV. hehe.

Coaster Nana
02-09-2006, 12:53 AM
I am a total Olympics junkie. I've already stocked up on VHS tapes! Don't have a DVR yet, but that's one of my first purchases after I get settled in SC.

Wes
02-09-2006, 07:51 AM
^^ A friend of mine actually got to ride in a bobsled one time. He said it is awesome.

Carowinds 73-03
02-09-2006, 08:57 AM
I use to feel differently. I use to love the summer olympics and i would hardly watch the winter. I just got into the winter olympics in Utah when i saw my first winter olympics live. Now i'm hooked on both but i still like the summer more.

tommyistommy
02-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm a snowboarder, so I like winter much better.

slipknot8527
02-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I love the speed skating that that apollo guy was in. Not the one where they switch lanes on the back stretch, but the little tight oval racing wheres theres like 6 guys.

Coaster Freak
02-09-2006, 11:17 AM
^^ A friend of mine actually got to ride in a bobsled one time. He said it is awesome.

I think that you have the opportunity to do this at the Lake Placid course....but i'm not 100% certain.

Found this after I made my post...you can in fact do the run:

http://www.adirondacks.com/bobsled.html

Wes
02-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I love the speed skating that that apollo guy was in. Not the one where they switch lanes on the back stretch, but the little tight oval racing wheres theres like 6 guys.

Short Track always reminds me of Roller Derby for some reason. lol

pipesdrums
02-09-2006, 11:40 AM
I can't wait for the hockey to start!

Bencerisback
02-09-2006, 10:26 PM
I hope these Olympics are good, Im in it for the snowboarding and skiing, which I could just see on the Winter X-Games and could be better, but ill just do both. U.S.A.!!!

Leo C
02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Snowmobiling is just a Winter X Games thing, not an Olympic event?

The cool thing about the time difference is that we already are getting a preview of what we will see tonight on tv in the US. I however will miss most of the Opening Ceremonies for my show.

JordanMullins
02-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Anybody see the opening? HOLY CRAP, they just keep getting better and better!!!! Italy knows how to make a show. For two hours I was sitting there with my jaw dropped, it was incredible. The dove acrobats, the singer, the dancers, every single detail of every actor and dancer was accurate and amazing. If you missed this thing, you better have been in jail, or dead, because it was the show of a lifetime.

GO CANADA!!!!

Italy is cool to..... good pizza.

Sir Willow
02-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Gotta love Canada. Here in the States we have to wait until prime time before we can see the opening ceremonies. grrrrr

M1hockeydude
02-10-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm just excited to see the hockey be played.

Khartoum
02-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Speed Skating, Ice Hockey and Bobsleds are the events I'm looking forward to. Down here, they show the opening ceremony at prime time also.

JordanMullins
02-10-2006, 06:28 PM
The opening was amazing, the past two hours I have just been thinking of it, all the fireworks and actors, and a race car, it was incredible

Carowinds 73-03
02-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree the opening was great but the rest has just been really blah. Not nearly one of the best i have seen. I still think Atlanta's opening ceremonies was the best i have ever seen.

Coaster Nana
02-11-2006, 12:49 AM
I was impressed by the "animated" ski jumper and the Ferrari doing donuts! The lighting of the cauldron was unique and Pavarotti at the end was the icing on the cake.

Well done Torino.

Hector
02-11-2006, 03:22 AM
meh, Overall it kinda sucked, I liked SLC's more. There were a few highlights, like the opening (I :heart: Fire) the skier, the lighting of the rings, The lighting of the torch (I thought that was the collest part) and the closing fireworks (the spiraling shells they had going around the entire stadium was pretty cool). The music choice for the parade of Nations was very queer, and overall it seemed like an American lite ceremony.

Meh.

Carowinds 73-03
02-11-2006, 06:38 AM
LOL, i agree. I was also trying to figure out why they were playing 60'2 & 70's American Pop. It was very weird.

I feel asleep before the lightnng of the torch (Thats how boaring it was)but i was recording it so i'll watch that part later.

bigboy_1234567
02-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Like some others here, I'm watching for the hockey. Hopefully we can take home a medal (knock on wood).

Carowinds 73-03
02-11-2006, 11:08 AM
My favorite events are Bobsleding, Speed skateing & all the sking events.

JordanMullins
02-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I like Hockey, Bobsled and Luge, Ski Jump, Ski Slalom, Half Pipe, and I like the speed skating ever since the Australian won because all of the skaters fell down and couldnt get up and he sped by them on the last lap, funniest event that Olympics.

GO CANADA!!!

steel
02-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't know which part of the opening ceremony I liked best: the dancing cow things, the ladies with big hair and swings in their... erm... private area, or the people-trees. Funniest opening ceremony I've ever witnessed.

Seriously though, my favorite part was either the dove, the women carrying in the Olympic flag, or (the probable winner) the human skiier (if you watched, you know what I mean.

Did enyone else notice that the Americans were the least well behaved team there? It's shameful, really.
I want Canada to win all the golds. They have an awesome anthem.

JordanMullins
02-11-2006, 05:57 PM
^ Damn Right!!!!

Sir Willow
02-11-2006, 07:35 PM
I dunno, the Italians also looked pretty rowdy, as were several others. Doesn't mean the Americans weren't mucking it up also though.

I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, and really liked how they lit the calderon. But the music they played during the parade of nations- ughh. I mean, c'mon Italy, how about using some ITALIAN music for it instead of American? And it generally wasn't even good American music.

But otherwise we really enjoyed the cermonies.

Martin
02-11-2006, 07:47 PM
I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, and really liked how they lit the calderon. But the music they played during the parade of nations- ughh. I mean, c'mon Italy, how about using some ITALIAN music for it instead of American? And it generally wasn't even good American music.
Yeah haha. I was cracking up when they started playing the YMCA. Still a good ceremony nonetheless.

Coaster Nana
02-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I was laughing and waiting for the athletes to start doing the YMCA dance.

Leo C
02-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I just saw the female moguls. Doing that looks killer; skiers resemble shock absorbers.

Coaster Nana
02-11-2006, 11:55 PM
A good mogul field is the mark of a great ski area! It's a real challenge in the blue ice of the northeast. However, I don't do the ramps, lol.

steel
02-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I watched moguls too, some of the Nordic combined (I missed the ski jump part, but watched the beginning of cross country), 5000 meter speedskating w/Chad whatever from America, and pairs short program.
I would have two broken legs in a second doing moguls. Amazing how Jennifer Heis (I think that's her name) of Canada won gold at the last second.

TimberWolfe
02-12-2006, 10:40 AM
The womens hockey is kinda weird cuz the no checking rule but yet its sort of entertaining yesterday Canada owned Italy 16-0 it was a very high scoring game so yeah kinda weird

JordanMullins
02-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Let it be known, Canada will kick everyones ass at hockey.

pipesdrums
02-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Don't jinx it.

JordanMullins
02-12-2006, 01:26 PM
We beat Russia 12-0 and beat Italy 16-0!!!!

TimberWolfe
02-12-2006, 01:41 PM
oh yeah USA is beating Germany 2 nothing right now oh what are you gonna do now ahaha just kidding i dont know whos gonna win canada or america in the finals

JordanMullins
02-12-2006, 01:56 PM
USA might not make it to the finals, and as of now, Norway is leading with 5 gold medals!!!

Cuddy
02-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I probably won't catch any of the olympics this year...but I like how sledding (like you did as a kid) is in the Olympics. Well, technically, its Luge and Skeleton. As far as the evnts, I really enjoy the skiing, namely slalom, moguls, downhill and the ski jumping. I'm not much into the snowboarding aspect of skiing nor any of the other events.

steel
02-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Yay Norway! Everybody loves a good Norwegian!

sfft_2108
02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I like the speed skating and all the Luge and Skeleton events.

BTW, Canada's Women's Hockey is pretty good. I hope they win it all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My only complaint so far is the stupid camera's on the Snowboard Halfpipe. They keep on messing up. The feed must be messed up.

slipknot8527
02-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Man, I can't believe Apollo fell. What a gip....everyone was expecting him to win the gold, then in on split second, "oh, he's out."

Wes
02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
^ Yeah, I was pretty bummed about that too.

Yay for the Flying Tomato!!! That was awesome. He about didn't make it in to the finals, and then he gets gold!

sfft_2108
02-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Yah, then Apollo blames the other skater for running into him. WTF. Apollo's hand hit his skate. You can't run into any one if you are in front of him. Plus. Apollo didn't even need to pass him, he was in second. Oh well. Did anyone else see the picture mess up during the snowboarding?

slipknot8527
02-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Yah.....

The whole Apollo thing is just weird. Of course he blamed someone else....I mean, he was a SHOE IN to win the gold....he was supposed to win it....and he messed up....

Wes
02-13-2006, 03:39 PM
I haven't heard that yet. Seriously, you can look at the replay and see what happened. I don't see how in the world he could think it was someone else's fault.

VekomahangNbang
02-13-2006, 03:47 PM
^He wasn't a SHOE IN for the gold. It would have been a good final with those Korean skaters.

I'm really bummed now that Anne Abernathy, or "Grandma Luge" is out of the games with an injury. I was really loking foward to watching her. Here's the article below. Just make sure you don't click on anything else on that website unless you wan't spoilers!!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/luge/5103545/detail.html

So far, I have enjoyed the Olympics. The torch lighting at the ceremony was defiatley the coolest torch lighting I've ever seen. I also liked the Short Track, Snowboarding, and I have also enjoyed the Women's Hockey quite a bit. I look foward to the things to come.

slipknot8527
02-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Did anyone watch womens luge today? This Austrian woman blew it on one of the turns, and slid down on her body for like 4 more turns, then somehow managed to get BACK on the sled and finish the race!

Sir Willow
02-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Lots of crashes in the women's luge today. I've heard that women's downhill practice had a bunch also, including a couple of really bad ones.

Wes
02-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Hmmm... sounds to me like maybe there is a flaw in the Italian's design of their runs. Maybe not, but that's weird to have that many isn't it?

I admire that Australian woman. That takes a tough lady. I would have probably been laying on the ground crying for my mommy. lol

90mph-feet forward. No thank you.

JordanMullins
02-13-2006, 08:43 PM
So far there have been about 4 downhill skiing accidents, and 4 luge. Hahaha wierd, this is like Lost, 4 keeps coming up.

In figure skating, there was a Chinese woman who was tossed, caught, and/or didnt land properly and ended up braking/fracturing her knee, but she got up and completed the act!!!!! Girl is tough, she is.

Bencerisback
02-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Shaun White is way tight. that is all i have to say.

slipknot8527
02-13-2006, 11:03 PM
The reason there was so many crashes in both luge and downhill was because apparently the snow was "perfect" and much faster than any of the practises. They were setting track records left and right on the luge run.....so, the women (and men) just weren't adjusted to the high speeds.

JordanMullins
02-13-2006, 11:39 PM
I was watching the Luge, and they go FAST, one of the speed counters clocked them in going about 129 km/h!!!!!!

Superman: ROS at SFNE = 123.9 km/h

Son of Beast = 126.2 km/h

Silver Star = 127 km/h

Nitro = 128.7 km/h

Olympians = 130 km/h

Wes
02-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Bode Millerwas disqualified for straddling a gate in his first slalom run.

I heard that he had been out drinking the night before. If that's the case he is probably beating his head against a wall somewhere.

*SPOILER*

Ted Ligety became the unlikely winner of America's first Alpine gold in Torino.

Well Bode missed out for sure now and on top of that another American beat him to being first.

slipknot8527
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Bode did crappy in the downhill too. There has been a lot of AMerican upsets this time around.

Bencerisback
02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
My dad actually go to do a bobsled once, he kept the video, it looked so sweet, he was interviewing olympians on their practicing and stuff. He could have done the lluge, but the other people said he was not prepared enough. I can't remember but he said they reached either 60 or 80 mph.

VekomahangNbang
02-14-2006, 10:27 PM
^I've been on a bobsled too. My family went last winter in Lake Placid. You can actually ride the Olympic track there (with a driver and brakeman, of course).

And bgwfreak, next time when you give a spoiler can you write SPOILER like in bold and make it have way big letters. When I saw it it was already too late.

Cuddy
02-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey Bodie Miller, Here's another shot of Jager for ya! Next Olympics, would you care to mind skiing, I don't know, SOBER for once?

sfft_2108
02-15-2006, 12:25 AM
How the heck do they stear in the Luge and Bobsled and skelton? I don't get it.

JordanMullins
02-15-2006, 12:36 AM
In Luge they lean, in Bobsled they steer.

slipknot8527
02-15-2006, 02:06 AM
In luge, you push your right leg against the blade and tilt your head left, and vice versa. In bobsledding, the driver has two ropes with handles that he pulls forward or back to turn.

Carowinds 73-03
02-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Has anyone seen this new Olympic event Snowboard Cross yet? I love it, it's now one of the best events. Awesome races and and even better course.

Wes
02-18-2006, 12:12 AM
^ I have never seen a new sport get so much buzz. I overheard several people today talking about this.

I don't like NASCAR, but this was the closest thing I could think of to compare it too.

I LOVED this sport. It was so fun, and not some really long course either. It's over in 2 minutes.

Carowinds 73-03
02-18-2006, 02:04 AM
I would also compare it to Nascar. Now if we could just get 43 snowboarders on that course...... Now that would be very intresting.

steel
02-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Speaking of Snowboard Cross... Who else saw the finals last night? That was incredible, how she fell at the last second.
Does anyone know what happened to the Canadian boarder? It looked to be like she may have broken her neck (and I'm totally serious about this).

JordanMullins
02-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I dont know why but im not that big on Nascar, I mean, when some says Nascar is great I hear "Lets watch a bunch of cars take a series of left hand turns? Now thats a sport!"

As for the Canadian girl, she didnt break her neck.

Cuddy
02-18-2006, 06:40 PM
I guess Bodie Miller heard me, didn't take it for sarcasm and drank the whole damn bottle of Jager. What a putz.

steel
02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Heh. Bode Miller was disqualified again. This makes me laugh. Too bad the hype isn't over yet.

coasterdude28
02-19-2006, 07:16 PM
I have been watching some of the games. I like skiing and boarding the best but I have found an unlikely entertaining sport. For the past few days I have been watching Curling. I thought it seemed really boring but then I started to watch it and it is actualy fun to watch. I don't know why but I really like it.

sfft_2108
02-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Everyone morning before I go to school, I watch Hockey on MSNBC or some channel of NBC.

Sir Willow
02-20-2006, 06:27 AM
I just don't get why some of you seem to hate Bode Miller so much. If he was winning I can just see some of you heaping praise and love on him. But since he's not, it seems like out come the haters.

Seems like most of us don't have any room to talk, unless we've been flying down a moutain at 60-80mph on a set of skis lately. :)

Sandy W
02-20-2006, 10:41 AM
This has been a dramatic winter Olympics to say the least. The stuff going on around the events is almost as exciting as the events. I.E. Bode Miller. I like just about all the Winter events much more then the summer Olympics. Being a lady I'm for the figure skating. I enjoy watching the speed skating as well.

Wes
02-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Nice to see us finally win an ice dancing medal after 30 years.

Bode needs to get a grip on himself if he wants to medal in his last event.

Did anyone see the story about the "extreme sports" guy that made the team and then he tore his achilles and had to drop out.

It was a good story, he had been heavy on drugs and alchool and when he finally got his life together he made the US team, and then of course tore his achilles.

But he could possibly make it in 4 years, but he would be in his early 40's.

EDIT
The US just moved into a 2 way tie for 2nd most medals!! Woohoo!

This should be a fun evening. I'm not saying who won what (for fear of the wrath of a certain poster.) *cough*Vekomahangbang*cough*

VekomahangNbang
02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
This should be a fun evening. I'm not saying who won what (for fear of the wrath of a certain poster.) *cough*Vekomahangbang*cough*

Ha ha ha ha. I really don't care. I just didn't want to know what Bode did that one night because I wanted to watch it.

Leo C
02-24-2006, 11:29 PM
US Men got the bronze in curling. Good for them. I can't believe all this falling in the skating the last few days. A lot of screw ups in this Olympics.

Wes
02-24-2006, 11:44 PM
^ WOOO HOOOO!!!! YEAH FOR CURLING!!!

:rolleyes:

That is without a doubt one of the dumbest sports.

Ok, you push this round thing across the ice.
Then... I know! We'll bring out brooms and speep with them in front of it so that it will keep going.

Then we'll make sure it stops in a...target!!!

I'm sorry, but I find this sport to be rediculous.

But congrats anyway.

JordanMullins
02-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Anybody see the Gold Medal Curling for Men? I only saw the last shot made by Canada, I dont know to much about curling but I can tell that that was a near impossible shot!

slipknot8527
02-25-2006, 03:01 AM
^ WOOO HOOOO!!!! YEAH FOR CURLING!!!

:rolleyes:

That is without a doubt one of the dumbest sports.

Ok, you push this round thing across the ice.
Then... I know! We'll bring out brooms and speep with them in front of it so that it will keep going.

Then we'll make sure it stops in a...target!!!

I'm sorry, but I find this sport to be rediculous.

But congrats anyway.

Weren't you just discussing ICE DANCING?

Wes
02-25-2006, 07:10 AM
^ Wasn't me. I maybe had said congrats or something, but I didn't say I liked it.

I don't like it... I don't like it... I don't like it... *keep saying it to self.*

Actually Ice Dancing is one of the ones I do not like. And ice skating in general (not speed) has lost any interest for me this year. I haven't watched but maybe 5 minutes of anybody.

steel
02-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Yeesh. You sound like my Math teacher.

You don't even want to know, trust me.

Wes
02-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Just for that go and do your multiplication tables. ;)

sfft_2108
02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Apollo finally got the gold in 500 m. or what ever the short race was. There were like 2 false starts. The race was tense. I still think Apollo took off early.

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I really enjoyed the Olympics this year. It was not as good as the Salt Lake games but Torino had it's own little great moments.

What was the one event that stood out to everyone this year? The new event Snowboardcross was my favorite new event to watch but i so love the skiing although we got our butts wooped this year in that.

Anyway what was everyone's favorite event and was there an event you never liked before and caught youself watching cause it was actually intresting this year.

Mine would be figure skateing. I never get into it i just think it's very boaring to watch although i did happen to watch alot of it durring these games and actually found it somewhat intresting.

Closeing Ceromonies are tonight, Can't belive the Olympis are over, seemed like that 3 weeks went by fast. I look foward to 2008 & 2010

Wes
02-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Snowboard Cross would get my vote for favorite new sport.

I'm glad Apollo won 2 more medals last night for a total of 5 so far (including Salt Lake).

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Me too, I was very happy to see him finally win GOLD!!!

Alan J
02-26-2006, 02:28 PM
They were realy good this year. I cant wait to see what happens tonight at the closeing. Oh did anyone buy a U.S.A. hat that they wore at the opening? Mine will be shiped on April 6th.

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I didn't, I didn't like them but i did buy the hat from Salt Lake.

Wes
02-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I couldn't believe how expensive the warm up jackets were. They were kinda cool for the retro look.

VekomahangNbang
02-26-2006, 02:57 PM
I wish they would make a downhill Skicross sport, kinda like snowboardcross. Too bad it would be too dangerous, but it would still be awesome.

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I would like to see them do more events with snowboarding in future games.

Snowboard Moguls
Snowboard Cross Country
Snowboard Slalom
Snowboard Jumping

VekomahangNbang
02-26-2006, 04:37 PM
I would like to see them do more events with snowboarding in future games.

Snowboard Moguls
Snowboard Cross Country

Snowboards aren't meant for moguls, and Snowboard Cross Country would be immposible.

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 06:13 PM
But could it be done is the question. I think so but it most likely never will. Just offering a few suggestions.

Snowboard cross country will never happen, i don't know what i was thinking when i added that one.

However Slalom & Jumping would be neat and could be done.

Martin
02-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Oh did anyone buy a U.S.A. hat that they wore at the opening? Mine will be shiped on April 6th.
Could you provide a link for that hat? I am interested.

That was a great 500 meter final with Ohno, even though he had the lead the entire race. Nice to see him win that one. Thank goodness Ahn from Korea didn't sweep basically all of the short track individual events.

Leo C
02-26-2006, 07:11 PM
The last event I caught was the Women's Biathalon. It was cool to see them cross country ski and then shoot rifles at different targets in different positions. I am disappointed that I did not see any luge or bobsleigh events.

steel
02-26-2006, 09:11 PM
That's cool. Did anyone else notice that that was the first event in Salt Lake?

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Well it's finally come to an end, It's be a very intresting games to say the least. Congrats USA, See you in Vancouver in 2010.

VekomahangNbang
02-26-2006, 10:10 PM
At least we can see all of the Vancouver games live. That's what I'm most excited about.

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Same here, That the one thing i hate about Olympics overseas. No matter how gard i try not to see results before i watch them most of the time i did.

I look foward to the next Olympics here in the US. I had such a blast in Atlanta & Salt Lake.

sfft_2108
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Isn't Vancouver in Canada? Not the U.S. Chris? lol.

The live thing just hit me. Thats pretty cool.

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I know Vancouver is in Canada.

Coaster Freak
02-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Tickets for Vancouver 2010 will be going on sale about a year before the games....and I can't wait!

The Tuirn 2006 were, in my opinion, fantastic.

Carowinds 73-03
02-27-2006, 07:58 AM
If i can i would love to attend. I have been to 3 Olympics now and it's just insane what all there is to. I might not be able to attend for a whole week like in previous Olympics but it would be nice to go to Vancouver for a weekend.
I'll just have to see what i have going on in 2010.