PDA

View Full Version : Best Manufacturer of 2006

Jerry S
02-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, a new season is approaching, and we all know that many companies are building quite some coasters. Which major company has the best lineup of new coasters for 2006? Don't base this on the coaster nearest to you, base it on the company that is making the most extreme coasters this year (consider all coasters).

Bolliger & Mabillard (http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?coastername=&parkname=&type=&status=&opened=2006&design=&category=&contact=1&location=0&column=1%2C10%2C30%2C3%2C26%2C4%2C5&order=1%2C2&search=Search)
Black Mamba
Goliath
Goliath
Patriot
Tatsu
Unknown (Flyer)

Gerstlauer (http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?coastername=&parkname=&type=&status=&opened=2006&design=&category=&contact=149&location=0&column=1%2C10%2C30%2C3%2C26%2C4%2C5&order=1%2C2&search=Search)
Cobra
Speed

Gravity Group (http://www.rcdb.com/id3231.htm)
Voyage

GCI (http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?coastername=&parkname=&type=&status=&opened=2006&design=&category=&contact=35&location=0&column=1%2C10%2C30%2C3%2C26%2C4%2C5&order=1%2C2&search=Search)
Kentucky Rumbler
Thunderbird

Intamin (http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?coastername=&parkname=&type=&status=&opened=2006&design=&category=&contact=8&location=0&column=1%2C10%2C30%2C3%2C26%2C4%2C5&order=1%2C2&search=Search)
El Toro
Speed Monster
Stealth
Unknown (Colossus Megalooper)
Unknown (Monte Makaya Megalooper)
Unknown (Used, SFAW Standup, unconfirmed, possibly only in storage)
Zaturn

Maurer Söhne (http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?coastername=&parkname=&type=&status=&opened=2006&design=&category=&contact=97&location=0&column=1%2C10%2C30%2C3%2C26%2C4%2C5&order=1%2C2&search=Search)
Abismo
Unknown (X-Car)

Premier (http://www.rcdb.com/id3302.htm)
Italian Job Turbo Coaster

S&S Power (http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?coastername=&parkname=&type=&status=&opened=2006&design=&category=&contact=127&location=0&column=1%2C10%2C30%2C3%2C26%2C4%2C5&order=1%2C2&search=Search)
Combat Tank
Screamin Squirrel
Unknown (4-D)

Vekoma (http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?coastername=&parkname=&type=&status=&opened=2006&design=&category=&contact=7&location=0&column=1%2C10%2C30%2C3%2C26%2C4%2C5&order=1%2C2&search=Search)
Expedition Everest
Kumali
Unknown (Motorbike)
Unknown (Junior Coaster)
Unknown (SLC Custom)
Unknown (Minetrain)

I've only used companies opening at least 1 major roller coaster this year, state any others that you tihnk are better, although I'm sure Intamins and B&M will sweep the board like usual. I think B&M wins this one, I mean, even comparing to Intamin, they have a larger assortment of rides, Intamin is building clones, Vekoma is building clones, but B&M is making custom flyers, inverts, and hypers. Intamin does have a few ne rockets, but they are too short to be any more creative than Intamin can do.

Draken2k
02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
I vote B&M with Gravity Group as a close second.

Martin
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I also voted for B&M, and Intamin is at 2nd for me.

Katie
02-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Gravity Group for me. If Voyage is anything like Hades, this is going to take top notch. B&M comes in a close second.

coolstarwasim
02-20-2006, 05:31 PM
1. B&M-Tatsu!
2. Gravity Group-Voyage!
3. Intamin-El Toro!

JordanMullins
02-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Ill be going by percentage of awesome rides being built, so Gravity Group wins with a 100 percent!!!!

Carowinds 73-03
02-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I'd Say B&M With Tatsu & Goliath.

Sir Willow
02-20-2006, 06:15 PM
I dunno, I'm goofy. I'll wait until later on in the year once people have had a chance to ride them, then see what people are thinking. At this point, it's not unusual for many of the coaster people looked forward to the most to end up as mediocre, and some of the ones people didn't expect much from to turn out to be huge hits (e.g. Thunderhead)

I'll wait to see how they turn out before deciding who has the best year.

Jerry S
02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
People, don't vote by coaster, vote by the entire lineup, unless they only have one coaster. I'm surprised Tatsu is swaying people more than Black Mamba too. C'mon, I made those links so that people could see the coasters that they don't yet know about.

And I'm surprised people voted for Gravity Group. Sure, Voyage might seem like the best 2006 coaster, but it's in a lineup of one. You'd have to love Hades more than chocolate and sex to think Voyage is better than 6 B&Ms or Intamins, or even three smooth Vekomas.

Fantom
02-20-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm in a tough call between B&M and S&S...I'll have to wait until the 4d is finished.

Roller8652
02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
The unconfirmed standup is at SFDL in storage. I vote for Intamin i think B&M is a bit overatted.

sfft_2108
02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
I think B&M is the no brainer here.

Cephas
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I vote B&M. That vote would shift to Gravity Group if they were to have more than one coaster under construction.

JamMasterJ
02-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Quite right sfft_2108, B&M all the way.

Jhcbiinoc
02-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I voted B&M, because of the layouts they came up with this time out (Tatsu looks to be the next step for the Flying Coaster model the way Riddler's Revenge was for Stand Ups, Goliath at SFOG looks like it will be the best Hyper coaster they have done yet, and Black Mamba and Patriot look like they will be very good inverted coasters) with S&S a close second-I am curious to see how the new 4D comes out!

VekomahangNbang
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
1. B&M
2. Intamin
3. Gravity Group
4. GCI
5. Gerstlauer
6. Vekoma

BryanWood
02-21-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm going to wait until I ride the bulk of the rides before I decide who did the better job. After all, none of these are guaranteed to be as good as they look. I'm sure some will be...but there could be a disappointment or two in this bunch.

slnewbus
02-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Gravity Group for me. If Voyage is anything like Hades, this is going to take top notch. B&M comes in a close second.

Sure gravity group is great, but it doesn't have 6 amazing rides like B&M will have this year, so i pick B&M.

Worm
02-21-2006, 03:35 PM
intamin just rocks! but not this year... B&M

Joseph
02-21-2006, 03:49 PM
When you have what apears to be a fantastic class of coasters coming in 06, this poll becomes hard.

Bolliger & Mabillard - their busiest year in a while, and probably the best quality we've seen in a while. Tatsu comes as the first unique flyer in 4 years, and really "up'd the ante", so to say, in terms of what can be done with flyers. The two hypers are proof that there still is demand for them out there, and the one in Georgia may become one of the best B&Ms. Yea, they have a dull-looking Invert in there, but hey, it's Cedar Fair what'dya expect? ;) Oh, and Black Mamba... oh how wicked that looks! I'm glad it's getting a lot of hype, I just hope it doesn't get TOO MUCH. Man I wish I could get to Phantasialand..

Gerstlauer - a bobsled (cool) and a Euro Fighter (eh, not too cool). About what I'd expect from a smaller company.

Gravity Group - one coaster, but one damn good looking woodie. Voyage doesn't top my list personally, but you can't deny the quality of a beast that looks to be.

GCI - two woodies and they, like the GG, are batting 1.000 in terms of quality. Two very solid-looking mid-sized woodies, both of which could saor towards the top of the GCI list.

Intamin - WHOA! Other than the few clones, Intamin has impressed me this year (and I usualyl don't care for them). El Toro looks sick, I mean from the drop to the air to the wild finale, it looks great. I love an out of control woodie, and El Toro looks to fit the profile. Speed Monster introduces some new elements to the accelerator and looks promising - I think it may deliver a very good ride. Stealth, eh, ok... Zaturn.. hmm, I dunno...

Maurer Söhne - Two X-cars. I'm happy one is making its way to the US, and they really do look pretty fun. I'm kinda bummed the one is just going to be a Skywheel, but the best part, IMO, is the trains :)

Premier - blah, stoopid Paramount.

S&S Power - Screamin Squirrel's look dumb in my opinion, I could care less. Big bonus points for the 4D though.

Vekoma - EE looks fun, but not great. That damned SLC in Flamingoland being built in place of two Schwarzkopfs actually takes points away in my mind, even if it's not Vekoma's fault.

So, for the ranking....

1. GCI
2. B&M
3. Gravity Group
4. Intamin
5. Maurer/Gerstlaurer
7. S&S
8. Vekoma
9. Premier

BryanWood
02-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Sure gravity group is great, but it doesn't have 6 amazing rides like B&M will have this year, so i pick B&M.

But none of B&M's new rides have ground-breaking sequences like Voyage does. Gravity Group is going for broke, and considering their market is much much smaller than B&M...you can't fault them for that.

slnewbus
02-22-2006, 08:26 PM
^I don't mean to diss Gravity Group at all, I think they are amazing, but it is so hard to compete with B&M this year in this poll in that they are putting out like 6 world class rides this year.

m-force 4 ever
02-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I vote B&M, with Intamin and Gravity Group in tie for second

jonny228
02-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Even though I love Gravity Group, I have to vote B&M for best "manufacturer" of the year. Gravity Group after all are not manufacturers, they are a design group. Although I doubt I will get to any of the B&Ms this year, I can not wait to take my Voyage.

ShannonS
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Here's my opinion on the situation at hand. I voted for GCI first,then Intamin,just because I was riding their stuff more than anybody else,but also I like B&M,too. Their stuff is smooth(Apollo's Chariot puts me to sleep everytime I ride it.) SES

Rex
02-24-2006, 09:27 AM
I'd have to go for S&S for the screaming squirrel alone.