PDA

View Full Version : Park and Ride Count HELP!

FlowRiderGirl
02-25-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm a newbie. I've used forums like this, but I don't know how to add on rides or parks to the ride and park count! Help?

Graham
02-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Hey FlowRiderGirl, welcome to ThrillNetwork.

Here is how to do it...

Let’s say I want to add rides at Cedar Point to my ride count.

1) Go to the Ride & Park database by clicking on the Ride & Park DB link at the top of the page
2) Type in the name of the park you wish to add rides from into the search box (In this case I would type in "Cedar Point"). You can also find the parks by using the advanced search feature which will let you search by more specific criteria then keywords.
3) Once you have performed the search you should get a list of rides and parks that matched your search, click on the park you wish to add rides to.
4) Once on the park page scroll down to the list of rides at that park. Click on the check boxes next to the rides you have ridden and wish to add to your count. (NOTE: you will not be able to add any rides that are currently listed as under construction) Once you have checked off all the rides you wish to add click on the "Update My Count" button at the bottom of the page. The park that you added rides from will automatically be added to your park count.
5) Repeat the steps above for all the parks you wish to add rides from.

Once you have added rides and parks to your count you can edit your count by going to the "Edit my count" page. On this page you will be able to rate the rides and parks you have visited, delete rides and parks that shouldn’t be in your count, and keep track of the number of times you have been on a ride or been to a park.

Hopefully that helps, if you have any other questions about this let me know. By the way I’m going to move this to our Questions/Suggestions/Feedback/Bugs forum since it’s a better fit there.

Thanks! :)

jimths08
03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't have a problem adding them, I have a problem removing them. I want to remove Sea World and Mount Olympus from my count, but when I try to do so, they don't go away. Any suggestions?

James
03-03-2006, 07:01 AM
You have to remove the rides from the parks also.
The old way the DB worked you had to click add park and add each ride. But now when you add a ride from a park it adds the park also. So if you want MtO off you list I think you have to removed all MtO rides first.

jimths08
03-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Yea, I did that first thing. As you can see, I haven't ridden any of them but I've been there. :confused: :cool:

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/count.php?userid=9171

Graham
03-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Actually, you can remove a park that you still have rides for in your ride count.

As far as the problem your having, I cant duplicate this error. There was however, a problem with deleting parks that was resolved a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if you have tried to delete a park since then but it should work now.

jimths08
03-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Ahh yes, now it works. Thanks for the heads up!

Fantom
03-09-2006, 10:23 PM
I have a problem with my park/ride count, this seemed the most appropriate place. Every time i try to add something, it says I need to login first. When I click the link where it says "login"(on the page, not in the corner) it brings to a "URL NOT FOUND" page. Please help me out.

Steven
03-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Clear all of your cookies, and log in from the main site (www.thrillnetwork.com). That should help.