PDA

View Full Version : Dollywood 2006 updates

cannonballer
03-07-2006, 12:46 AM
I am sorry if a thread for this already exsists I couldnt find it anywhere!!!

Does anyone think Timber tower will open on opening day? From teh construction pics on their website it looks to be going slowly.

Dukeis#1
03-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Screamscape says that the kiddie rides will be ready, but no word on Timber Tower. The last update to the website was on February 25th (http://www.dollywood.com/press-room/pr-page.aspx?pageID=21), so things have probably progressed quite a bit since then.

Dollywood is very good about having everything ready on opening day.

Dollywood03
03-28-2006, 02:03 AM
We need a Dollywood update!

cannonballer
03-28-2006, 03:06 AM
Yes We Do!

Johnny Upsidedown
04-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Ask and you shall recieve. Timber Tower testing pics.
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23861&sid=d769878a735d8b2145eb1ee8a93c016b
Looks kinda short.

Dukeis#1
04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Looks like the park did great with the theming, as usual!

Can't wait to visit in two weeks. :cool:

coastercory06
04-04-2006, 09:05 PM
That ride and area looks great. If that is any indication of what is coming to SDC in the next few years, then things are looking good for us here in the midwest. The tower looks really short, but if it moves fast, no worries. :D

coasterdave
04-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Will get around to a TR later but figure this will hold some of you over till then.

Enjoy!!

erms12
04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
WoW! looks great! just like it did in person today at media day!!! yall, this ride is so great, but yes, it is short... :( but it was such a great rush, im going back tommorow. Im gunna be there tommorow for the opening day of IT!!!! yay!! looks great, but yeah as you said, short? yeah 60 feet, it looks short. :( oh well! i cant waitto go back!!

bk2004
04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
So 60ft eh? For some reason I was thinking a larger version but thinking of what it exactly does, I see why. Looks like a fun ride and can't wait to ride it this summer.

cannonballer
04-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Not fun, BORING! the themeing is NOTHING like teh artistic rendering, see my TR for more in Trip Reports!

coastrfreak2000
04-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Apparently this ride is not all that great...in fact its supposed to be very slow.

cannonballer
04-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Its about as fast as a paratrooper AND kinda gives the same sensation as well! They shoulda saved all that money and just stuck a paratrooper on a pole!

coasterdave
04-22-2006, 08:22 PM
A paratrooper on a pole you say? I guess it is a good thing that you do not decided what they put in, but I will say that would be interesting to see though.

DHollon
04-23-2006, 12:08 AM
You know I really have not heard very many positive reviews about this ride. From what I understand the themeing is very underdone when it was supposed to be "shock and awe". Interesting that the difference in themeing can be so large between two parks in the same chain -- but then all one has to do is compare County Fair with Grand Exposition to see that.

It does look like it will be a nice addition to the park overall, just not 'all that" like it was hyped up to be. Sad really that they spent that much money on a ride and then it does not deliver. Will be interesting to see the overall response to the ride this summer.

Dukeis#1
04-23-2006, 09:53 PM
I visited Dollywood on 4/20 (Thursday) and again on 4/22 (Saturday).
The park was crowded with school groups on Thursday, and even more so on Saturday due to the Rod Run car show in Pigeon Forge.

Unfortunately Timber Tower was closed both days due to mechanical problems.

Also, Tennessee Tornado was closed on Saturday because the tunnel was filled with water. Three rounds of severe thunderstorms overnight had dumped enough rain on the area to cause some flooding. A friendly employee at TT's entrance told me they were pumping the water out as fast as possible...the ride probably reopened today.

From what I understand the themeing is very underdone when it was supposed to be "shock and awe".
I don't know how anyone can say Timber Canyon's themeing is underdone. Just look at photos of this area (http://www.acesoutheast.org/Dolly06/), it's as if the park was Disneywood! (The interactive animatronic buzzard (http://www.acesoutheast.org/Dolly06/pict1282.jpg) might as well have been stolen from Splash Mountain)

Interesting that the difference in themeing can be so large between two parks in the same chain -- but then all one has to do is compare County Fair with Grand Exposition to see that.
Most of the themeing in the Grand Exposition is recycled from the Country Fair. Looking at your photos, there is even some of the same atmospheric signage between the areas...the difference is that the CF is set in the early 20th century, while the Expo is in the 1880s.

Up until a few years ago SDC and Dollywood pretty much kept to themselves. Now, all of the themeing at the Herschend parks is designed by HFE's "Creative Team" in Atlanta. The same folks that themed Wildfire, PowderKeg, and the Grand Expo also did Thunderhead, The Country Fair, and Timber Tower.

This is why there is apparently some standardization going on between the parks at the moment as far as attractions go.

DHollon
04-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Dukeis#1, I am just going off of the concept art and the final product. To me at least it seems as if they are not very close. However not seeing it first hand I cannot vouch for anything other than what the photos show -- which is how I formulated my opinion.

As far as CF and GE, while the signing is similar the overall atmosphere between the two areas is night and day. The amount of foliage, the addition of covered queue areas, the landscaping in general at GE just blows you away. CF is basically several flat rides in a concrete jungle with little to no shade areas.

Not saying that CF is inferior in the ride dept., just that it is not as pretty as GE or even halfway as shaded.

cannonballer
04-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I completly agree, after looking at the artwork and the actual ride I was constantly asking myself "what happen to this idea and that idea etc etc etc" Its like they just copped out!!!

Dukeis#1
04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
CF is basically several flat rides in a concrete jungle with little to no shade areas.

Apparently they stole some ideas from Celebration City. ;)

Dukeis#1, I am just going off of the concept art and the final product. To me at least it seems as if they are not very close.

I completly agree, after looking at the artwork and the actual ride I was constantly asking myself "what happen to this idea and that idea etc etc etc" Its like they just copped out!!!
You shouldn't uphold concept artwork for more than what it is - concept artwork. It's meant to excite the public, i.e. explain the attraction to Average Joe.

But for what it's worth (and that's not much), I think Timber Tower came off exactly as the rendering depicted:

cannonballer
04-25-2006, 06:21 PM
it did?
Then wheres the pointy logs sticking up and wheres the logs you walk o n etc etc etc

tgrocks
04-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow. Its pretty close to the concept artwork! Except for the logs sticking out of the pool of water as cannonballer stated.

BGWfanatic
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
^^ Wow guys, way to be nit-picky! ;)
From the pictures ive seen it looks like they came very close to the concept artwork.
Oh, and btw, in the real life picture, look at the handrail posts. There pointed logs, and there sticking out of the water. :D

DHollon
04-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Apparently they stole some ideas from Celebration City. ;)

I see the smiley wink face, but honestly if you have visited CC lately you would not say that as they have added so many trees since opening day that it doesn't even feel like the same park.

---

Also when I was thinking of concept art I was thinking about how closely PowderKeg and surrounding area matched the concept art.

cannonballer
04-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah concept art is used as a visual to support actual blue prints as much as a marketing tool as well! If your not going to have a log walk or pointy sticks it shouldnt be in the drawing! it is as simple as that! The ride doesnt look like a log falling eaither it looks like a metal pole with a round carraige rotating back and forth! it looks exactly like what it is!

Dukeis#1
04-27-2006, 04:58 PM
^Say, if you are really loosing hours of sleep over this whole matter then why don't you contact the park and tell them of your dissatisfaction:

Dollywood.com Comment Form (https://www.dollywood.com/plan-your-visit/guest-services/Default.aspx)

I'm sure everyone there will appreciate such petty whining. Maybe you'll scare them into never releasing concept artwork again, or better yet, not themeing new rides at all.

DHollon
04-28-2006, 12:03 AM
That's enough of that. He is allowed to have an opinion just as much as you are. He doesn't like they way they did the ride and you do, nothing is going to change that fact and by posting like you just did -- you are only trying to start a flame war which is NOT what we need.

While I DO see your side of the argument Dukeis#1, you also need to stop and see just how much was not done with theming that was in the concept art. While it will not make or break the ride, he does have a point and he is entitled to it just as much as you are entitled to disagree with him.

[/soapbox]

After looking at the concept art/photo that you attached Dukeis#1, I wonder why they didn't make the tower look more like a log by adding tree "veins" on the side instead of making it a solid color. It would have made the overall appearance more convincing that it is a "log".

Also just because I am curious, what happened to the "lake" around the ride. That would have really added to the ride (as seen in the concept art).

cannonballer
04-28-2006, 05:03 AM
That's enough of that. He is allowed to have an opinion just as much as you are. He doesn't like they way they did the ride and you do, nothing is going to change that fact and by posting like you just did -- you are only trying to start a flame war which is NOT what we need.

While I DO see your side of the argument Dukeis#1, you also need to stop and see just how much was not done with theming that was in the concept art. While it will not make or break the ride, he does have a point and he is entitled to it just as much as you are entitled to disagree with him.

[/soapbox]

After looking at the concept art/photo that you attached Dukeis#1, I wonder why they didn't make the tower look more like a log by adding tree "veins" on the side instead of making it a solid color. It would have made the overall appearance more convincing that it is a "log".

Also just because I am curious, what happened to the "lake" around the ride. That would have really added to the ride (as seen in the concept art).

EXACTLY!
100 percent of all of the above.

I was just expecting more, not really nothing to "complain about" to the park. Just the first time I had ever been dissapointed with Dollywood. Thats pretty good seeing as most prks dissapoint on a higher scale for me.

I am sorry for ruffling feathers.

Dukeis#1
04-28-2006, 04:53 PM
That's enough of that. He is allowed to have an opinion just as much as you are. He doesn't like they way they did the ride and you do, nothing is going to change that fact and by posting like you just did -- you are only trying to start a flame war which is NOT what we need..
Excuse me? Flame war? I offered a simple suggestion to remedy your whining. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone else has an opinion on that opinion.

I’m just trying to show you two how ridiculous it is that you are both being so "critical" over this. For all I care you can make a whole thread dedicated to the color of the actual ride in comparison to the color of the ride in the artwork, but it will still look silly just the same.

DHollon...sheesh. The only reason you are even participating in this thread is because of the whole "SDC IS THE BEST!" issue you still have. Apparently the Herschend parks are in some sort of secret battle with each other that nobody knows about except you.

I assure you that if I started tearing apart every little aspect of Silver Dollar City's new area you'd have a hissy fit, just like you did back when I said on ‘Buzz that Celebration City didn't look all that impressive.

I'm going to pull out some of the old Buzzsaw Falls renderings and see how closely they resembled the finished product...

While I DO see your side of the argument Dukeis#1, you also need to stop and see just how much was not done with theming that was in the concept art.
Once again, You shouldn't uphold concept artwork for more than what it is - concept artwork. It's meant to excite the public, i.e. explain the attraction to Average Joe. It’s often done by an outside party that a theme park hires…the park officials outline the attraction, and the hired artists translate it onto paper.

Dollywood is a wonderful theme park, and it is great that the folks there still put the time and effort into themeing new rides and attractions when they could just as well throw them up in the middle of a concrete pad. Too bad it doesn't seem to be appreciated.

Interestingly, I pointed out that Thunderhead was underthemed, yet nobody noticed. Now that the park did a great job with Timber Tower, somebody is ripping apart every little detail of the ride.

You two can carry on this argument as you wish, but I’m done. I just don't recommend that either of you see the rendering of the '07 attraction...I don't want to think about what Hell you'll give the park over it. :rolleyes:

DHollon
04-28-2006, 11:58 PM
...but Iím done.
I'll believe it when I see it.

tntornadox
04-30-2006, 03:12 PM
You know, I love it when the SDC fanboy picks Dollywood apart. It happens every season, and we continue to not care...I noticed a huge point in this thread that DHollon has pointed out and I have found to be false.

As far as CF and GE, while the signing is similar the overall atmosphere between the two areas is night and day. The amount of foliage, the addition of covered queue areas, the landscaping in general at GE just blows you away. CF is basically several flat rides in a concrete jungle with little to no shade areas.

Apparently, I have been day dreaming walking through the area, UNDER TREES...very odd. They must be a figment of my imagination or something...and then, while waiting in line, there are QUEUE SHADES over the ENTIRE line...must be another figment of my imagination- sheesh, if I keep imagining things like this- I might have to go see a shrink or something...

One last note: Dollywood is HFEC's most profitable park, for those of you who have been refusing to accept this point for years, I say look at the numbers. Dollywood's attendence is much higher than SDC's...

DHollon
04-30-2006, 11:31 PM
For someone who doesn't care you sure thought you needed to prove your point.

Also I want to know where you shade is in these pictures. Unless they added A LOT since last season, there wasn't any and we fried in this area due to the heat and lack of shade. Compare that to the amount of shade in the new SDC area http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/media/expo/mediaday.html and there is really no comparison. Notice how there is a building for the teacups and how the Disk-O is in the trees. Also notice how each queue is completely covered with shade tressels. There is also the gazebo area where you can get out of the sun as well.

While the new rides at County Fair were needed, to me at least it appeared that there was more thought behind the addition of the SDC rides where at Dollywood it was more of place them where they will fit. Which is not a bad thing, but is quite noticeable.

I could care less about attendance/ROI as that was not what we were discussing and you are just trying to start a fight even mentioning it. Which is, of course, your perogative.

Joseph
05-01-2006, 12:01 AM
heh both look pretty damn similar to me!

http://jophish17.smugmug.com/photos/45294052-M.jpg

http://jophish17.smugmug.com/photos/45294061-M.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejophish17/46.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejophish17/36.jpg

(those two obviously not mine but I assumed it would be ok to use them as long as I didn't leech - if not let me know I don't know how you guys are with that stuff)

both look similar and have very few trees, all of which are dead in these two pics due to the time they were taken, and both look like great family sections. Just sounds like a typical Dollywood/SDC battle amongst fans :-\

coasterdave
05-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Does it really matter which area has shade? Is the world going to end because one park has more shade than the other. Seems like to me that both parks did very diffrent things when they added the ride packages in question folks. The main thing is that they added them for people to enjoy and not whine and cry over which freaking park has more shade. Just go and enjoy your respected park.

tntornadox
05-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Id say more thought was placed in ride placement at SDC. The Country Fair Area at Dollywood is supposed to be a fair, so ride placement really dosent matter...ive never seen a really organized fair...have you?

DHollon
05-01-2006, 11:21 PM
IX is very organized.

cannonballer
05-02-2006, 05:04 AM
WOW!

Let me just say I said what I said about timber tower as an honest fan of Dollywood! I was not taking up for sdc or bashing dollywood over sdc for I havnt even been to sdc so how would I know? I was giving an honest opinion about themeing verses concept art. How this got to trees, I DONT KNOW!

tntornadox
05-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Never said you were. I rode Timber Tower personally just yesterday, for the first time, and thought it underwhelming myself. Although, I don't think it could go much faster and still be comfortable enough to ride without hurling at some points. I thought the theming was up to par, in my opinion...

Dukeis#1
05-02-2006, 10:19 PM
This is off subject as far as the thread goes, but with Dollywood rapidly growing I thought I would mention the one thing I'd really like the park to consider for the future: longer hours.

I would love to see the park stay open until 9/10pm again during the summer. It just seems so unusual to have to leave the park at 8 on a hot, crowded day in July, before it's even dark. Seeing as there is usually a stampede of guests flowing out of the park at closing time, I think that staying open one or two more hours would be justifiable during the peak season.

1993 Operating Schedule (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/holtskee/dw93sch.jpg)

I think a schedule similar to that would be nice today. Perhaps just not as many 9-9 days as a trade off for opening in early April now.

The park could continue closing at 8pm during the Spring, but then in June the park would be open until 9 on Saturdays, and then in July the park would be open until 9 on weekdays and 10 on Saturdays into early August. It would be set up like BGW's summer hours. The Fall and Christmas hours could be just as they are now.

Hopefully with attendance picking up Dollywood will consider longer hours in the future. A few years ago there was a laser show on one of the attraction surveys, so maybe they are looking at extended summer hours again.

tntornadox
05-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, new Parking Lots should be coming soon to handle all of this "attendence boom"...I remember when one could go to Dollywood on a Sunday and have the park to yourself until around 2-3PM. Now the placed is ransacked by tourists all day, every day...Sad.

DHollon
05-03-2006, 12:19 AM
It is weird that DW does not stay open later. I understand the reasoning with SDC closing around 7pm -- to force people over to CC, but there is really no reason with DW as there is no sister park to "help out". Unless they are wanting people to go to Dixie Stampede or something like that.

coastercory06
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Dustjin, but SDC doesn't have many outdoor lights, right? That would be my reasoning for the park closing so early, but I honestly can't remember how many lights are in the park. I've never been to DW, could this be a reason they close early too?

DHollon
05-03-2006, 04:36 PM
They have enough. However I'm sure that is why they do not stay open until it dark. The thing that we are talking about is how the park will close and there is lots of daylight left.

bk2004
05-04-2006, 12:57 AM
If that is true, then how could they of stayed open later years ago? Especially when the park was a lot less then what it is today.

cannonballer
05-04-2006, 05:46 AM
This is a long shot but just a guess. I remember long ago asking somone at ghost town in the sky why they didnt stay open late and the response was exactly the same as to why santas land in cheerokee doesnt stay open late. Note they are both in the smokies just like dollywood, the response was due to bear activity at night. Do you thnk this may have somthing to do with it? They can afford to stay open late in the winter cause bears hybernate! maybe?

Dukeis#1
05-04-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't think that is the case, as Dollywood is in a more populated area than Ghost Town and Santa's Land. The park now has developments surrounding it on all sides...even in the mountains behind Craftsmen's Valley. You can see condos above Tennessee Tornado's lift hill.

Several years ago there were turkeys along the train track, but I think most of the larger animals have moved deeper into the mountains.

Plus, the park did stay open late years ago. You can see the '93 schedule above, and below are the '87 and '88 schedules where the park was open until 10pm everyday June through August. (These where before the Christmas festival)

Apparently as the operating season grew longer, hours where gradually cut in the summer.

cannonballer
05-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Um it doesnt matter how populated teh area, I have heard stories of bears coming down to hotels on the strip at night! Still not sure that is why but I still think it could be.

CoasterGuy210
05-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Aww poor Ghost Town....thats my favorite park it holds a special place with me...The bear activity does make sense to me but thats why they make this thing called a fence. Fences have proved very popular in the last 100 years to keep unwanted things out. Sorry for the sarcasim i couldn't resist...anyway Dollywood is more of a family park and most kids get tired and start to throw tantrums after 7 maybe thats why. It would be enough for me to close a park...lol

Dollywood Pete
05-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Interesting comments about TT. The ride itself is still being tweaked to add to the thrill factor. It spins faster and drops further now than it did at the begining of the year. Improvements will continue to be made.

The elements that are key for the ride are the interactives on the ground, the beavers, the geysers, the saw blade etc. They were to add to the experience for families because it is a family thrill ride targeted at 7-12 year olds. The input received from that demographic is very good.

Timber Tower is a good ride that looks scary from the ground and thus one expects it to be very thrilling. It is exciting especially is you are facing down as the drop occurs. Remember there are 40 seats on the gondola and each one offers a slightly different ride. it is an exciting ride for thrill junkies like me to ride occassionally, but I am more of a Thunderhead guy.

Lastly, TT sits between an A+ attraction in Thunderhead and what will be an A+ attraction in 2007. Y'all are right that DW is growing quickly with nearly 2.4 million guests a year. I disagree however that the theming has been not as elaborate as in the past. Country Fair was a a Thea nominee for best attraction theming and IMHO the Lumbercamp/TimberTower area from 'Lil Loggers to the Lifts is among the best theming jobs the company has ever done and Buzz is great.

Also - good thoughts on the hours. I will pass it along.

See you on the Park.

cannonballer
05-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I think ONLY TT has the worst themeing in the park! Lets put it this way. The other day I heard a waitress at one of my eating places I enjoy talking about her trip and shee said she was dissapointed in the pencil ride. I asked her what she was talking about and she said you know the new pencil ride. she then went on to describe the timber tower. see I am not the only one even the general public thinks it looks nothing like a falling tree IT LOOKS LIKE A PENCIL, anyone else agree? A PENCIL!

Dollywood Pete
05-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Ok, I will admit it does look a bit like a pencil, but it could have been a bird head or the head of a walrus. Two of Huss's other Topple Towers are themed in that way. I don't believe the ride they built in China has any theming just a ramp on and one off.

Dollywood03
05-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I like the theming on the Timber Tower.. It's nice.. Now that the water blasters have been powered up, they really add to the ride.. Dollywood Pete, are you happy with the addition?

BryanWood
06-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I think ONLY TT has the worst themeing in the park! Lets put it this way. The other day I heard a waitress at one of my eating places I enjoy talking about her trip and shee said she was dissapointed in the pencil ride. I asked her what she was talking about and she said you know the new pencil ride. she then went on to describe the timber tower. see I am not the only one even the general public thinks it looks nothing like a falling tree IT LOOKS LIKE A PENCIL, anyone else agree? A PENCIL!

Why is it that people expect a major thrill ride out of Timber Tower? Just watching it should give people a clue that it's not that thrilling. I went in with an open mind and enjoyed it for what it was...an interesting and unique experience (and happy I didn't get soaked). It's amazing how nit-picky people are. Dollywood is not a thrill park. They have two great thrilling coasters, and everything else is very family-oriented. Just have fun, stop whining.

I love DW
06-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Great post Bryanwood your right people need to have an open mind about all rides at parks espically family parks and not be so judgmental about how it wasn't what they thought it would be Dollywood never said it would be a thrill ride they said that it would be a repeatable ride not a thrill ride so calm down every one.

cannonballer
06-02-2006, 10:55 PM
^ that quote you quoted me on never said anything abou tit not being a thrill ride..

I said it looks like a pencil and everyone I talk to calls it the pencil ride cause they cant remember the name of it.

The waitress said she was dissapointed, I didnt gon on about that in my post, only included it so you could understand the conversation between her and I.

PLEAsE LISTEN, This board is starting to annoy me because everyone assumes things without reading fully! Please bring back the fun of these boards and read before responding.

CoasterKid_2006
06-02-2006, 11:05 PM
I Agree....I never read anywhere that TT was to be a big Woop-de-Doo-Da Thrill ride....I mean, it's alright, for a ride of its type. I myself was also under the impression the it was to be a thrill ride at first judging by the missleading drawings about it. Lets just hope MM isn't so missleading...

I love DW
06-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Hopefully the rumored 120ft. drop will not be missleading. On Timber Tower Dollywood Pete said that they will make adjustments as they go along. And I beleive that he said now it is a little more thrilling then it was at first. I can't wait till I go back to Dollywood in two weeks I look forward to riding Timber Tower again and of course Thunderhead, and seeing Dolly at the opening of KisFest on June 16th.

cannonballer
06-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Ya know, It could not even ba a coaster if its a drop ride kind like tower of terror but mine themed with a broken trestle and all. I never thought abot it but it could possibly not be a coaster. I still think it is but theres a chance its not.

I love DW
06-03-2006, 02:15 AM
In Pigeon Forge you have to get approval before you can change the property and the planning commission has to approve it. Read the full article here (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16397604&BRD=1211&PAG=461&dept_id=169689&rfi=8) about the meeting that took place in April. But if you notice in the artwork it looks like a coaster to me. What does everyone else think does it look like it's going to be a coaster to you?

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/db_images/db_2007_MysteryMine1.jpg

I love DW
06-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Sorry about the post before should have been placed in the Rumor 2007 forum. But I was posting in response to the one before it and thought it was the other forum.

cannonballer
06-03-2006, 03:20 AM
In Pigeon Forge you have to get approval before you can change the property and the planning commission has to approve it. Read the full article here (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16397604&BRD=1211&PAG=461&dept_id=169689&rfi=8) about the meeting that took place in April. But if you notice in the artwork it looks like a coaster to me. What does everyone else think does it look like it's going to be a coaster to you?

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/db_images/db_2007_MysteryMine1.jpgYES BUT
That artwork has never actually been LINKED to dollywoods sight, it always comes from other sources. Dollwood has NEVER released artwork. NOT officially.

I love DW
06-03-2006, 03:29 AM
No Dollywood has not released anything officially yet but if you read the news article it says for a caption "This is a photo taken of an artist's rendering of the planned Mystery Mine Ride at Dollywood. The Pigeon Forge Planning Commission unamously approved the site plan for the ride. The new attraction will debut in 2007." So it came from an artist rendering and I'm sure that artist knew something about the ride and didn't just draw it. I don't know for sure but I beat that this look's close to what the official art work will be. I guess we will have to wait till July 7th to hear the official announcement.

I love DW
06-03-2006, 03:39 AM
I know one thing we need to do is stop posting 2007 topics in the 2006 updates forum because I beleive this is for Timber Tower and the Timber Canyon area stuff only. So let's switch to the rumor about 2007 forum ok.

cannonballer
06-03-2006, 04:10 AM
ok, Theres so many forums I just get coonfused as to whcich one I am in. I wasnt arguing, I beleave your right, Just posing a what if.

CoasterKid_2006
06-03-2006, 11:04 AM
It'll Probally be a Coaster dude. The things on all the sites point to the Euro-Fighter, it doesn't matter wheather or not its strait from DW or not. Its like i said in an earlier post, i've not seen anything from DW that states anything about it not going to be a coaster and i don't think that a "Hollywood Tower Of Terror" type of ride would have gotten its own site. This is the first time in DW history that a ride from DW has its own site, so, yeah this is going to be big!

I love DW
06-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Any way now about Timber Tower. What did every one here think about it?

CoasterKid_2006
06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I thought it was ok, but like many, i was expecting a big thrill ride... And of course, i was a little dissapointed. But i so got over it because of the things i read on here. So, i though it was good considering what it is. If you watched the little clip on the huss website, you could tell that it wasn't going a big thrill ride. I like the overall theming of it. I liked the new "Childrens Area". Its suiting for them, like all the "Kids Rides" are at DW. I haven't tried the new food place. It smells good though. Oh and even though the ride says "You'll Get Wet", you don't, unless your lucky. Because the little water jet thingys only spray at a few people before either it dies down, or the ride tilts back up. But the little "Devil Beavers" as i like to call them, do get more people wet, but its not that wet. The lumber jack lifts aren't as bad as they may look. Me and my sister went on them and we thought that there was no way that we could lift ourselfs if you had to pull it up by yourself without any help, but we managed ok. But the thing to look out for is the lumber jack or the dude with a gun in the Timber Caynon area because they will single you out and talk to you, and then if they see you at the bird, they'll single you out yet again. And then you are a little "PO-ed" if your anything like me and my sister were when it happened to us. But the overall best thing that you'll see in that area, is the constuction that DW has already began to build the all new area called Mystery Mine!!!!!! Can't Wait!!! See you There!!!

I love DW
06-03-2006, 10:51 PM
The whole singling you out: At Dollywood they don't do it to try to make you po-ed. They do it to get you to laugh and have a good time. So if it happens to you just let loose don't think that every one is looking at you like your dumb no one is going to care. It just to get you to lighten up and have fun. Same thing with David Talent with his magic show it's for fun not to make you po-ed. So you get a little wet from the rascal at least it's just water. lol

CoasterKid_2006
06-03-2006, 10:56 PM
True, and about my last post, i didn't mean to make it sound like i was so pissed of at them for doing that....i just really didn't like it. but any ways, yeah, but its not that wetting...so to speak. I haven't got wet yet and i've rode it like 15 times...

I love DW
06-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I have only rode it once because I went April 15th which was a Sat. and it was only the second weekend it was open you talk about a long wait. We waited for an hour just to get on. It's a good ride but not worth an hour. I'm going back though almost everyday this summer so if the line is shorter than what it was I will definetly ride. How long CoasterKid_2006 did you have to wait to get on the ride when you went?

CoasterKid_2006
06-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Well i also went on the 15th, after spending the night over in Pigeon Forge, so therefore we got the really early, so i was the first ride of the day. But the me and my Friend went over there and we waited an hour to get on it. It really wasn't worth it though. Oh, when you were there "I Love DW" did they have things like the bare cave and the saw blade running??? they didn't that morning.

I love DW
06-04-2006, 08:24 PM
^Yes they did have it running. But the day I went you didn't get sprayed with water it was on it just wasn't hitting you. But I have heard now that they have turned the power up on the water. So I can't wait to ride it this summer.

CoasterKid_2006
06-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the water is up higher, but it only wets a few people before the ride either spins around or tilts back up one

I love DW
06-04-2006, 09:58 PM
That stinks, but I can live with that.
Does it go any faster now?

CoasterKid_2006
06-05-2006, 02:31 PM
some people say that they have the ride going at its slowest rate, but who knows...

Dollywood Pete
06-07-2006, 06:48 PM
I can say definitively that it is not spinning/falling at its slowest rate. The ride is temporarily down for maintenance right now and when Huss is finished, it should be a better ride than you experienced previously. Obviously we regret the delays, but when you introduce the first ride of its type into the US there are often some nagging things that have to be ironed out. That is what we are working on now.

Also, remember the ride's target is 8-12 year old kids. To them, it is very thrilling and the interaction with the elements on the gorund are receiving rave reviews. The added elements on the ground the ride interacts with are much more extensive than with any other HUSS in the world.

You have an A+ ride in Thunderhead and an A+ ride in '07 bookending this ride. I think with the children's elements and the theming it is an amazing area at any themepark.

HPStormRunner22
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Do you have any idea when it might reopen? I'll be there on the 12th and 13th. Thanks in advance

CoasterKid_2006
06-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah, is the word definitively good or bad???

cannonballer
06-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I can say definitively that it is not spinning/falling at its slowest rate. The ride is temporarily down for maintenance right now and when Huss is finished, it should be a better ride than you experienced previously. Obviously we regret the delays, but when you introduce the first ride of its type into the US there are often some nagging things that have to be ironed out. That is what we are working on now.

Also, remember the ride's target is 8-12 year old kids. To them, it is very thrilling and the interaction with the elements on the gorund are receiving rave reviews. The added elements on the ground the ride interacts with are much more extensive than with any other HUSS in the world.

You have an A+ ride in Thunderhead and an A+ ride in '07 bookending this ride. I think with the children's elements and the theming it is an amazing area at any themepark.Dont forget an A tennessee tornado and a bonus of 10 points with blazing fury, slidewinder and daredevil falls!

CoasterKid_2006
06-08-2006, 01:24 PM
True that! lol. Well, the Tennessee Tornado isn't that great anymore, but I once loved it! So what the heck happened???

erms12
06-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Tn Tornado still rox

cannonballer
06-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Tn Tornado still roxYES TT STILL ROCKS HARD! Always Will! As the area fills up with undergrowth and momre trees it just gets better and better!

bk2004
06-09-2006, 01:46 AM
I love how every ride Dollywood gets lasts and lasts. A ride they opened 5 or 10 years ago is just an enjoyable and ridable as it was when it first opened. Gotta love it! Great investments and start decisions.

cannonballer
06-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I agree BUT i never went in the early days and I wish I had have had the chance to ride the mine train they had and the flooded mine also I wished I could have seen the gnufights with the train. Wish they would bring that back.

bk2004
06-10-2006, 02:13 AM
/\ I would of loved to been able to go to the park in its earlier days. Though I probably wouldn't remember much as I would be really young!

But it still would of been neat. The first year I went was either 1999 or 2000 (can't remember :-/) and even since then a lot of things have changed and rides/attractions have been added. It's amazing!

CoasterKid_2006
06-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah, i agree, they do need to bring back the shows to the trian! I can remember, like the yeah right before they brought in the Tennessee Torando riding the old coaster that was up there. I didn't go that fast, or i dont think it did. Idk, i was like 5 when i rode it. I remember loving it though, and wanting to ride it again and again. But, i know that this doesn't go along with the timber tower, but i think that DW needs to build some new rides up there in that valley where you used to be able to see the Tennessee tonado from the train, but you can't now. Now its all grown up with trees and what not

I love DW
06-11-2006, 03:13 PM
The reason the train doesn't have shows any more is because now they can hold almost twice as many people in a day as the used to. Which is important since it's such a popular ride and Dollywood's attendance keeps growing more and more every year. And Cannonballer I don't know about the mine train but what I remeber of the flooded mine it was an awesome attraction I think you probably would have loved it. I wish Dollywood would re-open the mine train and the flooded mine but I don't see that ever happening. Did flooded mine go to Silver Dollar City any one know? because the one they have the only real difference is they put guns in it that you can shout targets with.

bk2004
06-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, i agree, they do need to bring back the shows to the train! I can remember, like the yeah right before they brought in the Tennessee Tornado riding the old coaster that was up there. I didn't go that fast, or i don't think it did. Idk, i was like 5 when i rode it. I remember loving it though, and wanting to ride it again and again. But, i know that this doesn't go along with the timber tower, but i think that DW needs to build some new rides up there in that valley where you used to be able to see the Tennessee tornado from the train, but you can't now. Now its all grown up with trees and what not

I think your talking about the roller coaster that used to be on the footprint where TT is now. They took it out to put in TT...the flooded mine is different and was on the other side of the park.

Anyways, I'm sure that's why they took out the show on the train...because of capacity.

CoasterKid_2006
06-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah, thats what i meant. The old mine used to be where the Dare Devil Falls now sits. I wish they'd bring it back. I don't know if it went to SDC. I know that they have one just like it, but the also have that grand expo. thing and its just like DW's, with the exception of a few rides.

I love DW
06-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Well I think Dollywood, Silver Dollar City and Celebration City use each other for testing. (I know they are both owned by the same people, with the exception Dolly owns part of DW but not SDC or CC.) ex. SDC has world fest after it is popular there it comes to DW. SDC gets a children's festival then DW get KidsFest. CC get Ozark Wildcat DW gets Thunderhead the following year. In 2005 DW revamps the country fair area with 10 new rides, 2006 SDC gets Grand Expo that contains 10 new rides most the same type. I wonder if SDC or CC will be getting a ride like Timber Tower soon? but the only problem is then Dollywood will not have the only one in North America any more and that would be like cutting your own arm off because then a certain theme park in you company can't use that as a advertisment because a another theme park in your same company built one exactly like it.

Dukeis#1
06-11-2006, 05:29 PM
The reason the train doesn't have shows any more is because now they can hold almost twice as many people in a day as the used to. Which is important since it's such a popular ride and Dollywood's attendance keeps growing more and more every year.

While the capacity was increased when they stopped doing the Dollywood Express robbery show, IMO that was still a bad decision on the park's part. The skits had been a part of the train since the Rebel Railroad days. Too me, it just seemed like a move to make the bottom line look better.

Now the train seems like just another ride. All the conductors do is talk about the train itself...they got rid of all the hillbilly humor and jokes. Most of the old cabins and theming along the track were removed too.

Put simply, the train doesn't have any sort of storyline anymore. It's become too much of a "museum tour".

But don't get me wrong, being a train buff myself, I think it's great that Dollywood recognizes the historical significance of the steam locomotives - I'm glad the park takes such pride in the train. I just wish they'd make it more like it used to be.

The Dollywood folks need to take a trip over to Tweetsie Railroad in North Carolina and get some ideas from it's train ride. Tweetsie was actually Rebel Railroad's sister park back in the 1960s.

OK, Rant Over! :rolleyes:

Did flooded mine go to Silver Dollar City any one know? because the one they have the only real difference is they put guns in it that you can shout targets with.
Unfortunately, the Flooded Mine was completely demolished, though I was told some of the animatronics and props were relocated to Blazing Fury.

I loved the Flooded Mine (see avatar), but I like Daredevil Falls too, so I think it was a good trade off. :cool:

CoasterKid_2006
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
What animatronics were moved???

I love DW
06-11-2006, 07:32 PM
^I agree the train does need more of a story line like it used to. One way to get more capacity and do a show could be get a third train. Idea: sit one out and run the two others (third is to give one a break). Have one fill up and go up the mountain and do a show and ride around while the other fill's up with another load. When the first one comes past the switch in the Village immediatly send the other one out while the other one comes around the Country Fair area. That way they wouldn't have to let the crossing's down any more than they have to. Although I know capacity but Silver Dollar City did a show on there train three years ago when I was there why did Dollywood stop and no them?

CoasterKid_2006
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Thats a good idea, but it just wouldn't be the same....I dislike change. And besides, those trains just can be pulled out of the station just like that. And it takes forever just to get one train up and running in the morning!

I love DW
06-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I know it would be hard but it's possible. I mean look at what some theme parks do to go the extra mile. (ex. At Disney one time with my family my dad said he was outside and saw them changing a flower bed at the hotel so it doesn't look the same all the time and to keep them looking fresh. So they change flower types and or colors over night when most guest are not around) So Dollywood could do it, it would just be harder.

CoasterKid_2006
06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
It would require someone staying up all night, because it takes like 3 hours just to get one train going...and that doesn't count coupling all the cars together. So get 2 read would take 8+ hours, because you'd have to do it one at a time...

I love DW
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
No it wouldn't all they would have to do is higher more people so they could have two teams working on the train. It is definetly possible but probably won't happen.

Back to the 2006 updates according to Dollywood's website Timber Tower is down. The site states:Timber Tower is currently not operating to allow for maintenance. Huss Manufacturing is fabricating a part that must be shipped from Germany and then installed on site. While the ride is being maintained, adjustments are being made to enhance the overall ride experience. Timber Tower will be back in operation within approximately two weeks. Please check back here for updates. Sited from www.dollywood.com/rides-attractions/ride-detail.aspx?AttractionID=570

It does stink that it will be down for a couple of weeks but if it will enhance the ride experience I guess it's not that bad. Can't wait to ride it when I go to Dollywood.

Dollywood Pete
06-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Interesting discussion.

To answer the last question. TT should be back up before too long. It will be a better ride - but again remember that it is targeted at families and kids between 7 and 12. They loved it as it was and will love it even more now.

The train DID increase capacity - by about twice the total number. While I loved the show and do love Tweetsy's show, it remains the most popular ride on the park and thousand of folks ride it every day. In the late spring, summer and fall it is a gorgeous trip. In winter it shows a bit too much of the emperor's clothes if you know what I mean.

I hate to tell secrets, but alot of the flowers at WDW Parks in FL are not real (plastic - I have seen them being hosed off) Dollywood plants tens of thousands of flowers each spring and then replants in the fall.

cannonballer
06-12-2006, 10:53 PM
The only drawback is they are advertising this ride right now. people coming to the park will be dissapointed for sure. Its good they are enhancing it though. Kinda wished they had done everything to make the ride better BEFORE the season started but how would they have know? It is a newer style ride so this is normal I guess.

Dollywood03
06-12-2006, 11:10 PM
But, a "closed for maintenance" ride is really a rare thing at Dollywood... DW has quality rides and a great crew to make sure all rides are open safely with little to no downtime. Plus, the time spent on TT will make a great ride even better.

I love DW
06-12-2006, 11:31 PM
^ your right they have little to no downtime on there ride.

Unlike some parks I know (cough, cough Walt Disney World). When I was there 5 rides either broke down when I was on them or while in line or going to the line. (3 while on the ride, 1 while in line, 1 going to the line). and the one going to the line my mom was on when it actually broke down. And this was all within Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Thank goodness Dollywood doesn't have this many problems. I have been there over 280 times and have only gotten stopped on two rides.

cannonballer
06-12-2006, 11:39 PM
OH I agree they do have most of their rides operating at all times. BUT its kinda funny, you expect certain things like ) rides down and such. For instance I have discovered somthing about myself on my last dollywood trip. I can wait 2 hours for a ride at sfog and be pretty content but if I wait more than 20 minutes at dollywood I get ill. Reason? Because I expect not to wait long there. Its a fault of the human mind and not the parks.

I do agree that making the ride more thrilling is somthing that MUST be done!

I love DW
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
^ your right and that's what happens to people when they do have to wait 20 min. they think it's horrible (me included sometimes) because they (we) are so used to very short lines such as 5 min. for Daredevil Falls and 5-10 min. for Thunderhead. I can't wait till the new ride attraction of Timber Tower is off next year then it will probably have short line too.

Dukeis#1
06-13-2006, 03:57 PM
But, a "closed for maintenance" ride is really a rare thing at Dollywood... DW has quality rides and a great crew to make sure all rides are open safely with little to no downtime. Plus, the time spent on TT will make a great ride even better.

I agree. That's one of the things I love about Dollywood. You can visit the park on a deserted weekday in April, yet all of the rides and attractions will be operating.

At other parks like Six Flags, you can always count on 2-3 rides being closed...even in the peak of summer!

CoasterKid_2006
06-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Wow...Yeah, none of the rides are ever closed, unless it rained and they're flooded or something! But this is a bit of a non-shocker so to speak. I dont mean that in a bad way, but it is the first ride of its kind in the US, so, this is a bit expected. I say that the Mystery mine will Be closed once or twiced in 2007!

Dollywood Pete
06-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for saying the nice things. We have an awesome M&C crew!

CoasterKid_2006
06-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah you do! and i'm sorry for my negitivity! But, you got to have atleast one critic, right?? Well, I'm still sorry. I love Timber Tower, and i wish it were up and running. Anyword on the progree and the new ground FX.

Dollywood03
06-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Dolly confirmed today that the new "parts" were delivered to the park today, and the ride will be operating as soon as possible.

CoasterKid_2006
06-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Ok, but didn't someone say something about that the ground FX were going to be better? And what is this new part anyways? Is it something for the ride that might have brocken, or a part to make it even better than it already is? If Dollywood need a suggestion, I would suggest that the water jets were on longer where more people can "Get Wet" as the signs say.

Dollywood Pete
06-20-2006, 11:29 PM
For what its worth, the ride is back up and running. It spins noticably faster and dips at a faster rate. If you ride it YOU WILL GET WET. The jets are turned up quite high and when it's 90 degrees it is a welcome relief.

CoasterKid_2006
06-23-2006, 08:46 AM
So, The ride actually does go faster now?!?!?!

coasterdave
06-24-2006, 08:11 AM
If I was a betting man, I would say the answer to your question is already been addressed.

CoasterKid_2006
06-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Exscue Me?!?! I was only trying to confirm the fact, gah, lay off, or i'll report you for that flash!

coasterdave
06-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Calm down Kid. If you feel the need than Flash.

CoasterKid_2006
06-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Sorry.. I was cranky earlier. Sorry about that Dave

cannonballer
06-27-2006, 02:03 AM
whats a flash?

I love DW
09-08-2006, 11:55 PM
This really doesn't have to do with Timber Tower but it is about Dollywood and it's 2006 season so I decided not to start another thread. I just wanted to let everyone know that may be going to Dollywood to see Dolly Sept. 15th here is some new info released from www.dollywood.com (http://www.dollywood.com):

Dolly visits Dollywood on Firday, Sept. 15, to launch the park's new Bluegrass & BBQ festival. You can see Dolly as she makes a special appearance at 11 a.m. to announce the winner of her Dolly's Dixie Fixin's ultimate backyard barbeque contest. Later, see Dolly during her afternoon park tour. Plus, you don't want to miss Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder in concert and the best barbeque you'll find anywehre!

That's it for now from dollywood.com though. Not sure where they will announce the winner but the way it sounds it is opened to the public so maybe the Celebrity Theater or maybe some where outside.

bk2004
09-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Thanks for all of the answers Dollywood Pete. I'm sure the "downtime" for Timber Tower was worth it, as you say its operation is better now.

I love DW
09-09-2006, 01:42 AM
It was definetly worth it. It spins faster and you are more likely to get wet now. It is alot more fun than it was in April and the last time I rode it, it didn't seem like the line was as bad either.

bk2004
09-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah, why I rode it... I didn't get wet, and the others just got their legs wet...so yeah. But the next day the Thunderhead ride op was saying they have the guisers turned up all the way so you WILL get wet.

I love DW
09-09-2006, 02:20 AM
When I rode it in late July after the changes all that I got wet was from my waist down that's it but I could have hit it when the water starts to go back down though.

CoasterKid_2006
09-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I've never gotten wet........that makes me sad......lol

I love DW
09-09-2006, 03:17 PM
^When I rode it when the ride op sent me to the right I got really wet form the waist down. Then the next time I rode it maybe 5 minutes later I got sent to the left and I didn't get a drop. So maybe you should request to go to the right next time and maybe you'll get wet.

CoasterKid_2006
09-10-2006, 12:01 PM
lol....Not with those cranky ride ops! lol

I love DW
09-10-2006, 01:34 PM
^There probably cranky because every one got mad at them during the summer when Timber Tower broke down when it wasn't even there fault. But yet people stand there and act like it's there fault they can't ride.

CoasterKid_2006
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
yeah.....but still. Anyways, it's good to see this thread back up

BGWfanatic
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
was that post at all neccasary? I mean really...

I love DW
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Has anyone been to Bluegrass & BBQ? Did you like it?

I went on Friday the 15th (opening day for the festival) to see Dolly and of course to eat some BBQ and then I also went the 16th for the pin event and more BBQ. I thought that the festival was very good and very well done. I loved the combination I don't really like bluegrass music but for those who don't they still have all of that delicious BBQ which is good. I think the smell alone around Market Square is worth going.

CoasterKid_2006
09-22-2006, 07:01 AM
^^lol...Well, i had to put something to keep the post on the home page. I don't like having to go search for a thread after it's alread gone...

I love DW
09-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Ok let's just stay on topic though and not worry about who's comments are neccasary.

Back to the question did you go to Bluegrass & BBQ?
How did you like the festival if you went?

And here is a added question for everyone is anyone going to Dollywood's National Gospel & Harvest Celebration?

I'm definetly going.

CoasterKid_2006
09-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm going to go.....when does the BG & BBQ Festival end? Isn't wendsay? yeah, well, i'll try to go sunday...

I love DW
09-22-2006, 11:08 PM
If you wan't to know when one of Dollywood's festival's are check out my signature. lol. But yes it ends Wed. Then National Gospel and Harvest Celebration will begin Fri.

If anyone went to Bluegrass & BBQ you would have noticed that they are already getting ready for National Gospel and Harvest Celebration. They already have most of the stands set up for it they were closed but already set up on the 15th and they had already started adding harvest decoratinos to the park also.

And if you have been there anytime since July 24th you have seen them getting ready for Smoky Mountain Christmas.

CoasterKid_2006
09-23-2006, 01:59 PM
They leave their lights up 365...they didn't do this till just a few years back. Well, wait, no, they just leave the lights on the buildings, and then around the first of october, they start in on the trees.

I love DW
09-23-2006, 02:15 PM
No your wrong. They take every single Christmas light down off of everything every year. The reason I know this is I was there the day they started putting them up this year and I have talked to several people last year that works on them and this year my mom has even talked to the lady in charge of decorting. And I can tell you after those conversation's I know for a fact that they do not leave their Christmas lights up.

And for your information they take them off and get rid of them every year. All they do is at the end of the festival they go through and rip them off the buildings and get rid of them. They do this to all the lights minus the LED brand lights and then just buy new ones every year.

So yes they did start putting the first lights up on July 24th in prepreation for the Smoky Mountain Christmas festival opening November 4th.

CoasterKid_2006
09-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, ok. All i'm saying is that the very first day they opened, i went and seen a bunch of lights still on the buildings....

tntornadox
09-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Some of the lights are, indeed, left on SOME of the buildings. Not all of them, but most of the buildings on Showstreet will keep them, it's not like you're really going to notice anyway..

CoasterKid_2006
09-23-2006, 10:12 PM
See....just because you THINK you know everything about Dollywood just becuase you basically live there doesn't mean you know everything about it! lol

I love DW
09-24-2006, 01:16 PM
The reason you saw them in early April could be because they hadn't taken them all down yet. Because I looked at the buildings and I know that in June and July they didn't have them up still.

CoasterKid_2006
09-25-2006, 09:10 PM
They are still there...they've been there all year....they only thing that i seen being taken out was some of the light bulbs from the strands. The only area that i seen a bunch left on was in the county fair

I love DW
09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok if your talken about strands of lights in the Country Fair I know for a fact and don't try to disagree with this that they were put up in August because I was there when they were putting them up. I went there on a Monday and by the Old Restroom and Secruity office they were putting them up. Then I went on a Wednesday and they were putting them up on top of the games. So I know they didn't leave the Country Fair up.

CoasterKid_2006
09-28-2006, 03:26 PM
No, i swear, but anyways......lets change subject, we fighting over lights...

I love DW
09-28-2006, 04:35 PM
^True which is dumb. All right here is some questions that people can answer to get of the light topic.

1. Are you going to Dollywood for National Gospel and Harvest Celebration?

2. Are you going to see Dolly open the parks Smoky Mountain Christmas festival?

3. Are you going to Smoky Mountain Christmas festival?

My answers:
1. Yes
2. Probably won't be able too.
3. Yes

CoasterKid_2006
09-29-2006, 07:44 AM
When does the christmas festival start? but i more than likely won't get a chance to. And even though i love seeing dolly, i hate seeing all the other people! the days that she's there it's so crouded!

But to Questions # 1 & 3, heck yeah i'm going!

I love DW
09-29-2006, 04:56 PM
The Smoky Mountain Christmas festival runs from November 4th - December 30.

On October 1st it will be in my signature again. lol. But right now I can't add anything else because I can only have 4 lines. There is just too much going on at the park. lol.

I love DW
10-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Dollywood has updated there Dottie's Dish page: http://www.dollywood.com/you-should-know/default.aspx?id=167 with a new epidsode about National Gospel & Harvest Celebration.

CoasterKid_2006
10-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks, now anyone know what video Pete was talking about in the other fourm? Sorry, i know that this isn't meant for here, but....yeah, sorry.

I love DW
10-14-2006, 11:53 PM
^I don't think anyone knows. But don't forget this forum is only for 2006 updates so let's keep it that way.

CoasterKid_2006
10-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Sorry, i just noticed that there was some people over here that i never see post on the 2007 fourm and thought that they might know...

Dollywood Pete
10-17-2006, 09:57 AM
I Love DW is correct. The lights come down begining January 2nd. They begin going up again on about August 1st. When you hand 3.5 million lights it takes some time. I would be interested to hear whenre there were still some lights when we opened in April so Special Events can correct the problem before we open in '07.

I love DW
10-17-2006, 09:19 PM
^I don't think there was, or at least I didn't see them. Because I'm a Dollywood nut (as you have noticed I'm sure) and I never saw any but there could have been some I'm not positive.

It takes my family like two weeks to get everything up I couldn't imagine putting up 3.5 million lights. Of course Dollywood has more people but still that's alot.

CoasterKid_2006
10-17-2006, 09:43 PM
well, i'm sorry, but i mean can we move on, we're fighting about lights....and the sad thing is, is i think i actually started this...

I love DW
10-17-2006, 09:49 PM
^You did. But we will stop talking about it for you.

Actually I will stop because all Pete is saying is if you did see any tell him so the can take them down.

Sorry. Next...

I love DW
10-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Alright it actually happend yesterday but I didn't post it but Dollywood has made quite a few updates to there site including:

Some artist from Bittersweet Galleries will be signing products on Nov. 4th. (Don't worry I don't know who the guy is either)
For all you people out there with talent Dollywood has announced there 2007 Entertainment Audtion dates.
On the Smoky Mountain Christmas festival page Babes In Toyland (there new show for this Christmas season) has added two new photos from the show. Which will open Nov. 4th.
And it now has been officially announced that Dolly will be appearing on Nov. 4th in a parade through the park to open Dollywood's annual Smoky Mountain Christmas festival.
Check them out at: www.dollywood.com

Also this is for Dollywood Pete: (unless anyone else knows): Is Dollywood going to post the Christmas commercial for this year anywhere? Becuase I never see it and would love to. A perfect place to post it would be in the Photo and Video Gallery;).