PDA

View Full Version : Favorite B&M Floorless

SFKK GUY
03-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow two polls in a roll for me (I should've made my name B&M guy. Ah well I haven't ridden any floorless so I'm not going to vote but I still wanted to see what you guys had to say. I counted the two Medusa clones as one.

In opinion Batman takes the cake from me with Daemonen and Dominator tied for second. (based on looks and layout)

M1hockeydude
03-07-2006, 04:57 PM
You definately made two floorless threads.

VekomahangNbang
03-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Wow two polls in a roll for me (I should've made my name B&M guy. Ah well I haven't ridden any floorless so I'm not going to vote but I still wanted to see what you guys had to say. I counted the two Medusa clones as one.

In opinion Batman takes the cake from me with Daemonen and Dominator tied for second. (based on looks and layout)

First of all, the two Medusas ARE NOT clones. Scream! and Medusa East are clones.

Second of all, why would Deamonen be second? So basically you are saying that it's better than Kraken. You'd have to be high and drunk at the same time to think that is better than or looks better than Kraken. Deamonen only has 3 inversions!!

And by the way, this is a repeat.

SFKK GUY
03-07-2006, 05:19 PM
No actually the other one(thread) is a screwup...sorry I thought the two Medusa's were indeed clones, and just from looking at them I personally think Daemonen looks cooler. Like I've said, I've never ridden a floorless.

Jimmy B
03-07-2006, 05:34 PM
I made the other thread (without the poll) disappear. And yes the two Medusa's are certainly not clones, so I have edited to poll to include the both ones as well as corrected the spelling/syntax errors.

SFKK GUY
03-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks alot^ Did you vote also? You gots to.

Katie
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Dominator is my favorite out of all I have ridden.

By the way, SFKK Guy, "You gots to." Is atrocious grammar. How about this instead: "You should vote."

SFKK GUY
03-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Well it was on purpose. But you are the editor so, "You guys, you just have to vote!"

But while your at it, go take a look at the stand-up category (for B&M)alright? It's there, and I'm sure you've all ridden one...

Tanks4me05
03-07-2006, 06:26 PM
First of all, the two Medusas ARE NOT clones. Scream! and Medusa East are clones.

Second of all, why would Deamonen be second? So basically you are saying that it's better than Kraken. You'd have to be high and drunk at the same time to think that is better than or looks better than Kraken. Deamonen only has 3 inversions!!

And by the way, this is a repeat.

Actually, Scream! and Medusa East are not clones. Scream! Is slightly taller, faster, longer, and it's mirrored from Medusa East. But if you ask me for my favorite, Hydra is the best (although it is so far my only floorless I rode) It is just SO different from nearly all other B&M's, it is just so unique, and that is why it ranks my favorite B&M and #3 steel (with Talon being my second favorite B&M, and #4 steel)

B&M Junkie
03-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Scream! gets my vote. Love the experience and the short lines it has.

Chris L
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I've only been on Scream! and Dominator and while both are pretty much on the same level to me (coaster experience wise), but I had to vote Dominator just because I get to ride Scream! all the time and Dominator's lakeside setting is much nicer.

VekomahangNbang
03-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Scream! gets my vote. Love the experience and the short lines it has.

I really love the experience of a coaster in a parking lot. Can't get any better than that.

I vote Kraken. The trench dives are awesome, and the zero g roll has loads of airtime. Plus it has that extra loop and it flys through the corkscrew.

sfft_2108
03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I went with Superman: Krypton Coaster. The only floorless I have been on.

Matt M
03-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Actually, Scream! and Medusa East are not clones. Scream! Is slightly taller, faster, longer, and it's mirrored from Medusa East. But if you ask me for my favorite, Hydra is the best (although it is so far my only floorless I rode) It is just SO different from nearly all other B&M's, it is just so unique, and that is why it ranks my favorite B&M and #3 steel (with Talon being my second favorite B&M, and #4 steel)

Yeah just like GASM at SFGadv wasn't a clone of Shockwave at SFGAm. Riiiight. Hydra is slow, you can tell by the track shaping.

Chris L
03-07-2006, 11:38 PM
By definition, Scream! can be considered a clone of Medusa, even though it's a mirror image (every element and turn is in reverse compared to Medusa's), it's still classified as one. 'Cause if you mirrored Medusa, it would be Scream! and if you mirrored Scream!, it would be Medusa.

But I don't understand when people say a ride sucks or is the same thing if it's a mirror clone. Sure, the element path you're following is the same, but every turn, loop, drop, dip, corkscrew, helix is taken in the opposite direction, which changes the ride experience drastically.

James
03-08-2006, 12:19 AM
I have been on Batman The Dark Knight, Dominator, Hydra The Revenge, Kraken, and Medusa SFGAdv.
I would say Medusa is the best and BDK or Hydra are the worst.

Marcus
03-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Seems like we do this poll every month, I just copy and paste
Anyways, I've been on 5 all together and this is how I rank them
1. Kraken
2. Dominator
3. Hydra
4. Batman: Dark Knight
5. Medusa Gadv

Hammy2003
03-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Kraken.

I feel bad for even voting, seeing as I've only ridden Kraken and Dominator (that's the stupidest name). Yeah, probably shouldn't have voted. Oh well.

Joseph
03-08-2006, 02:09 AM
^That's ok, some people voted having only been on one.

:-/

Kraken, it's one of my favorite B&M's. The only one I din't really care for was Hydra, I even kinda liked Dark Knight. I have to ask why no love for Medusa CP'er?

Worm
03-08-2006, 08:27 AM
It'll problay be unfair to vote seeing that i've never rode one but i really LOVE Kraken!

VekomahangNbang
03-08-2006, 04:11 PM
But I don't understand when people say a ride sucks or is the same thing if it's a mirror clone. Sure, the element path you're following is the same, but every turn, loop, drop, dip, corkscrew, helix is taken in the opposite direction, which changes the ride experience drastically.

And you can't forget that Scream is in a parking lot.

slipknot8527
03-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Kraken. It's my number 3 coaster overall, and its incredible. Although Dominator is my #5 as well.

SFKK GUY
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Ok lol so I voted...but I just had to see the results.

Bencerisback
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Kraken. Easily.

tommyistommy
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I've been on kraken, medusa and hydra. I say medusa over kraken, but its really close between them. I think I like medusa more because I get to ride it more and notice more things about it. Hydra sucked for a floorless. Well hydra sucked compared to anything IMO

Cuddy
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM
We don't need to generalize which B&M specific coaster is the best. We already have the Best B&M thread already.

Try here: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=31149