PDA

View Full Version : Adding DVD's to iPod

apsterling
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I have just added Madagascar to my iPod (Because it's 1hr:25min and easy to encode) so I was wondering. Will the MPAA1 start cracking down on iPod/PSP encoders? The RIAA2 already does with music, so MPAA might follow. If so, will iTunes make iTunes Movies Store? I want to hear your opinions on this.

1Motion Picture Association of America
2Recording Industry Association of America

bk2004
03-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Wow...that is interesting...putting a whole dvd/movie on your iPod. Pretty slick there. Now, I don't know where to start on encoding these things, nor do I have an iPod to load one on, but this will be intersting for me to watch.

iPod movie store? I wonder how much they would each sell for.

Martin
03-14-2006, 06:58 AM
I could actually see them doing that. Hopefully the prices wouldn't be rediculous though...

apsterling
03-14-2006, 05:29 PM
It took about an hour to encode to the iPod format, but it works. this was a test, so now onto StarWars...

Martin
03-14-2006, 06:16 PM
How did Madagascar end up playing on your iPod? Did it lag, or was it fine throughout?

Ryan F
03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Meh, even if the MPAA or whoever start cracking down on encoders people are still going to do it. They're not going to pay whatever an online store would probably charge when they could encode their own for use on a iPod and take it on the go with them.

apsterling
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
How did Madagascar end up playing on your iPod? Did it lag, or was it fine throughout?

Audio: Good, but the further in the movie, with the very very slight video lag, it added up and was off.

Video: Very Very Slight lag, as mentioned above.

As for encoders, I have to agree with WildFyre on the Illegal Peoples. Most do not know that if I have "Uncle Joe's Carnival" and My friend would like it on his iPod/PSP/Media Device, it's illegal for me to give it to him.

Slingshot57
03-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I don't really want to start a new thread, so I'll just ask it in here.

I followed the steps that were on this page www.sheerboredom.net/modules.php?name=news&file=article&sid=65

After I was done and added the file to iTunes, the video played very well, but didn't have any sound. Does anybody have a solution?