PDA

View Full Version : Superman"El ultimo escape" hypercoaster, Six Flags Mexico on ride video!!

toorcam
03-21-2006, 08:33 PM
For everybody that wanted to see a video from Chance morgan's hypercoaster at six flags mexico, here is a cool video I found, taken from the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd25aTX9_1s&search=six%20flags%20mexico

Leo C
03-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh snap. Plenty of us waited so long to get this POV. I really like the first half with the bow tie layout quality. The sun was just really shining or the red paint was already fading. The yellow and blue scheme I enjoy. It's just that post lift from the station and the return to the station I'm still curious about. It seems like a weird path to and from it according to aerial pics of the coaster I've seen.

nickolas_adam69
03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Thank you. I've actually been wanting to see a video of this thing for a while. That looks to be one of the best morgans out there next to Phantoms Revenge.

rlrcstrfreak
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
cool video, just rough..

TDMAMBA
03-21-2006, 09:23 PM
This just sad that CF can't run their morgans like this. It would improve the ride experience SO much if they'd lighten up the brakes like on Superman. Even wtih light trimming would make Wild-Thing, Steel-Force, and Mamba so much better.

coasterdude28
03-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Nice video. It was a little rough but not bad. The airtime seemed abundant after the brake run. Looks fun.

James
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Cool video.. But that POV cuts off all the prelift part of the ride..

coastercory06
03-21-2006, 10:39 PM
This just sad that CF can't run their morgans like this. It would improve the ride experience SO much if they'd lighten up the brakes like on Superman. Even wtih light trimming would make Wild-Thing, Steel-Force, and Mamba so much better.
I agree with you that Mamba would be awesome without the trims on so hard, but SF is billions of dollars in debt, maybe they enjoy spending unnecessary money replacing wheels. Enthusiasts love it when rides run like this, but I think it would be a nightmare for park maintenance.

And speaking of rides with hard trims, I think it would be awesome to see how insane Titan would be without any trims.

Chris L
03-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Nice find. I seem to find a lot of neat stuff on YouTube, and I have a few videos uploaded myself -- including one of me and two other friends on Knott's Montezooma's Revenge.

Chip
03-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Whee! Finally a video of this coaster. I've wanted this since I first saw pictures of it. The layout sort of confused me. Too bad this doesn't have the prelift run. It looks cool from the one picture I've seen.

I had no idea it had a tunnel at the bottom of the first drop. This ride looks pretty fierce.

I agree with you that Mamba would be awesome without the trims on so hard, but SF is billions of dollars in debt, maybe they enjoy spending unnecessary money replacing wheels. Enthusiasts love it when rides run like this, but I think it would be a nightmare for park maintenance.Psst: CF != SF

Mamba is at Worlds of Fun, which is a Cedar Fair park. Apparently Cedar Fair doesn't run their Morgans well, though I didn't think the brakes on Steel Force were bad. Then again, I rode it in 2002.

coastercory06
03-22-2006, 07:31 AM
I guess I should have clarified that I know the Morgan trio listed are run by CF, not SF, now I sound like a moron. Anyway...

I don't really think it has anything to do with how CF *wants* to run their rides, but I know for a fact that Mamba has major problems with burning up wheels. The climate may have something to do with it. I did some quick research but in Mexico City the warmest month is May with an average high of around 79 F, while in KC, the average high temp in the hottest month, July, is 89 F. In my non-expert opinion, SF Mexico can run the ride like that because it isn't as hot there as it can get in the States.

That said, this does look like a good ride, one of Morgan's best. I like how its not a cookie cutter of CF's hypers or SD2K for that matter, and the turnaround looks cool.

PANTSFREE
03-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Dayum, that ride looks totally sweet.

Hank
03-22-2006, 10:57 AM
I've only ever been on one other Morgan Coaster - Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood (most of it is Morgan) - but I am seeing very good work coming from them. I wonder if the restraints on this are the same as those on PR. I love those bar restraints - no pain and I fit in the car!

James
03-22-2006, 12:33 PM
PRs lapbars are 'one of a kind' the other morgan trains have different lapbars and crappy self-suck seatbelts.. (no slacking :( )

coastercory06
03-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah the trains on this ride look the same as all the other "standard" Morgan hypers. I don't really mind the normal seat belt and lap bars, but I hate how the cars are so big and enclosed.

Martin
03-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Nice video, the only Morgan hyper I have been on is Steel Force, which I thought was a fun ride, but can't compete with Nitro and S:RoS, the other two hypers in my area.

Matt M
03-22-2006, 05:22 PM
There is barely a straight hill on that whole ride. I bet the backseat is pretty crappy air-wise.

Cephas
03-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Going by the video, Phantom is better than Superman.

steel
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Ah, I remember the days when Wild Thing's MCBR was that light...

ShannonS
03-29-2006, 04:46 PM
If it's anything like Steel Force,I hope it will be one cool ride come July,I'm looking forward to riding it. SES