PDA

View Full Version : BGW: New country in 07?

DarKastleFreak
03-24-2006, 05:00 PM
I know a guy who knows a guy who works at BGW and says says New France is going to be retheemed Luxembourg for 2007. I believe it's pretty reliable information, but as I'm giving it to you 3rd hand I know you may doubt it.

Ryan F
03-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Whenever you hear something from a friend of a friend (or in this case, a guy who knows a guy) you need to take everything with a large dose of salt.

Just thinking about it....why Luxembourg? I never really hear anything about that country, so I don't know much about it. But, would it really have a big impact? What's so historical or well known facts about that country?

dukeandPCfan
03-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Luxembourg?
hmm...it could be very well themed. It is a cross section of three cultures (flemish [belgium], french, dutch, and even a little German).. is very imperial in nature and has breathtaking architecture. the country is very much like holland in landscape, so i think it could fit where new france is.. it has history as an important crossroads... but i still think its an awkward fit... i'd love to see a switzerland in BGW, what with Alpengeist and all

DarKastleFreak
03-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I agree. BGW could do someting so much better than Luxembourg. But then again, I trust BGW to pull it off. They probabaly considered several countries before choosing what they chose.

jman8934
03-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I wish they would add a country instead of retheming old ones(ie this, Hastings to Ireland)

DisGardeVersal
03-25-2006, 12:08 AM
As much as I would enjoy reading this thread, I would much more enjoy it if it were placed in an already existing thread. Do we really need 5,000 threads for what is happening to BGW in 2007? There were a lot for DarKastle, and there are even more now. But hey, new country, I'm all for Greece.

BGWfanatic
03-25-2006, 12:10 AM
^ Id like to see Greece as well, but that would fit in horribly in the New France area. No flow at all, one second ur in french village, next ur standing in front of the Parthenon. :)

psonio7
03-25-2006, 12:23 AM
They could do something great with Greece. Using islands, mythology, and the Golden Ages. But it would have to be next to Italy. Ironically, Apollo is the Greek God of sun, so thats interesting that AC is in the Italian Section..

jman8934
03-25-2006, 12:26 AM
yah France(Aquitaine)>Greece>Germany(Rhineland) doesn't quite flow, AT ALL.

DisGardeVersal
03-25-2006, 12:33 AM
I understand that much, I didn't mean put Greece right in where New France is. BGW still has a ton of more space to expand into. I'm not sure how far they have, but up to some point of their man-made rhine river, they own quite a bit of land down that river. They could easily put in 2 new countries in that area.

cannonballer
03-25-2006, 12:35 AM
I would like to see a iran themed section. The rides could be "battletank coaster" "aljezera 3d theatre" "missle drop ride" and "curse of saddam castle" the show could be "the turbinettes live review" and all they got to do to theme the shops is relocated some properties from the american hood and place them in the park!

yeah I thnk I like that idea AND its way more likely than any of the above ;)

DarKastleFreak
03-25-2006, 08:29 AM
I was just doing some research and I found out that Luxembourg is actually between Germany and France in real life. It's also only about 12 square miles.

As much as I would enjoy reading this thread, I would much more enjoy it if it were placed in an already existing thread. Do we really need 5,000 threads for what is happening to BGW in 2007?
Please allow me to explain my logic. This thread is about the future of a theme park. Therefore it goes under one of the two message boards under Looking Ahead. It would either have to be Park & Ride Construction or Park & Ride Rumors. Because this bit of information I came accross wasn't definitely true, I thought it was a rumor. The Park & Ride Construction board has a description in case the title wasn't enough to explain the board's purpose. It says "All construction... NO RUMORS!". Therefore, it seemed to make sense to me that my information would fit better under the rumors board. Also, the only recent threads I found about BGW on the cunstruction board were either closed, about changes in DarKastle, or about the new ride. This was not specifically about the new ride. I decided the best place to fit the information was in the rumors section. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this seemed a logical train of thought at the time.

BGWfanatic
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM
They could do something great with Greece. Using islands, mythology, and the Golden Ages. But it would have to be next to Italy (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?p=648312#). Ironically, Apollo is the Greek God of sun, so thats interesting that AC is in the Italian Section..

I believe that Apollo is also the Roman god of the sun. Roman=Italy. So AC does fit in Italy.

I would like to see a iran themed section. The rides could be "battletank coaster" "aljezera 3d theatre" "missle drop ride" and "curse of saddam castle" the show could be "the turbinettes live review" and all they got to do to theme the shops is relocated some properties from the american hood and place them in the park!

yeah I thnk I like that idea AND its way more likely than any of the above ;)

haha. nice. I completely agree. :p

ShannonS
03-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm going to wait and see on this one. SES

psonio7
03-25-2006, 04:32 PM
I believe that Apollo is also the Roman god of the sun. Roman=Italy. So AC does fit in Italy

The Roman God of Sun is Mithras. Apollo is the Greek one. The Romans did borrow a version of Apollo from the Greeks for Healing. But originally, the name Apollo is definately of Greek origins.

Took a mythology class a few years back, thats why the Apollo's Chariot sticks out to me in the Italian/Roman section of BGW. A Sun (Greek god) chariot makes a lot more sense for a hyper coaster than a Healing (Italian) Chariot. Marketing twist on popular names since the word Apollo is a lot more common.

DisGardeVersal
03-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Apollo is the Greek god of the sun. Apollo is the Roman god of light, music, and medicine. Many romans linked his connection with light, to that of the sun, as that was, and still is the biggest light source we have on this planet.

BGWfanatic
03-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Ok, but is it Apollo that carries the sun across the sky in both Greek and Roman Mythology, or was it only Greek? Cause he wouldnt have to be the Sun God to do that, since im pretty sure the reason he did it was punishment for something he did...

JamMasterJ
03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
I think you're, right, wasn't Zeus ticked at him for some reason?

DisGardeVersal
03-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Zeus was ticked at him for having let his mere mortal son take control of the chariot. Whether Apollo was the person that drove the "sun chariot" across the sky I do not know, I'll ask my english, or latin teacher, they both know everything about mythology.

Fantom
03-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Phaeton, Apollo's son, asked to drive his chariot one day. He lost control, Zeus threw a Lightning Bolt at him and he crashed into the sea and died along with the horses and the Chariot. I believe he asked Apollo to drive because nobody believed that his father was a god. This of course is all Greek mythology.

And I'm pretty sure that is the story line behind the ride, although I could be wrong. It's been a while since I've been to BGW.

Ryan F
03-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Why are we discussing Greek and Roman Mythology? Isn't this thread about a rumoured new country at BGW? I'm sure there's a general thread about BGW or Apollo's Chariot where you can discuss the already existing's ride theme.

DarKastleFreak
03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes, but aparrently we don't want 5,000 threads about BGW.

CoasterGuy210
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM
I think that BGW needs a really good wooden rollercoaster. It seems to me thats the only thing that is missing from their park besides updated flats.

DisGardeVersal
03-29-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree, BGW is about 30 years in the past with their flat rides, but they're all still fun.

I asked my latin teacher about apollo and such, and he said that, many a time in both greek and roman mythology, Apollo takes on the form of helios, the official god of the sun, but in many stories people got the two confused and it came to be believed apollo was the god of the sun, which he is, in a way. But helios is also the god of the sun, wierd. and when I asked him if apollo was the person that drove the sun chariot across the sky, he pulled up the second book of ovid, online (which I hadn't known existed until then) and after quite a while of searching he finally gave me the answer, I don't know.

Now, about the countries to keep from getting flamed on going off topic, It would be nice to have a country that fits in with the european theme that could replace New France. Many people thought that BGW wouldn't get a new ride but until at least three years after DarKastle due to financial probabilities, but obviously that's wrong. As for me, I believe they'd spend the money to get a new ride, but to alter an entire country might take quite a bit of money. Not to mention it would offset the trappers smokehouse theme, along with a few other things in that area. I guess we won't know anything until BGW gives out a press release later in the year.

JamMasterJ
03-29-2006, 10:44 PM
By the way, Fantom, you're pretty close...Phatheon asked to drive the chariot, so Apollo let him, and he (Phatheon) drove to close to the ground and to close to the heavens, scorching both. Zeus got so mad that he killed Phatheon with a thunderbolt to punish both Phatheon (for his crappy driving) and Apollo (for letting him drive in the first place). That's pretty much the story.

EDIT: DisGardeVersal, where do you go to school? I wanna take Latin really bad, French sucks...