PDA

View Full Version : "Dolly to open new Mine Ride in 2007"

Dollywood03
03-30-2006, 01:33 AM
Wow.. this is very cool! The Mountain Press Newspaper confirmed plans for the new "Mystery Mine" at Dollywood in 2007! And, I'm excited about the Timber Tower opening in two more days! Dollywood is getting big!

PIGEON FORGE - The Pigeon Forge Planning Commission approved plans for a mysterious new ride at Dollywood on Tuesday.
Commission members voted unanimously to approve the site plan for the Mystery Mine Ride, which architect Bruce Rutherford described as the largest expansion that Dollywood has undertaken.

The Mystery Mine features a track that climbs 121 feet and sends passengers plunging over a simulated broken trestle.

"It will be designed to make it look like you are going down into an old mine shaft," Rutherford said.

Ground will be broken for the new ride in a month. It will take a full year for the construction, Rutherford said.

Pete Owens, Dollywood spokesperson, would not reveal further details about the new ride.

"It is a site plan approval for a future expansion," said. "The planning commission has to approve any changes we make to the property. We're not going to make an announcement about our future expansions until July. It's a project for 2007."

They say everyone loves a parade. Apparently, so does the planning commissioners, who approved two of them for the upcoming year during the meeting.

Voting unanimously, the Planning Commission gave its approval for the 21st annual Dolly Parade, which will run on the Parkway from River Road to Wears Valley Road, on April 7 and for the Kerbela Shrine Center Parade, which will run on the Parkway from Methodist Street to Jake Thomas Road, May 13.

The Planning Commission also approved the March of Dimes Walk America event for April 2 in Patriot Park and the 16th annual Patriot Festival in Patriot Park on July 4.

cannonballer
03-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Woa!
Awsome!
Woa!

birdman
03-30-2006, 12:46 PM
This is gonna be great... I might make a trip down there just to check it out.

bk2004
03-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Finally some evidence on this new ride!! And at 121 foot tall, it's going to be a good drop! Can't wait...

CoasterGuy210
03-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Good for Dollywood. They are starting to get a real good roller coaster collection. Now I am gonna have toplan a trip there.

CP Maverick
03-31-2006, 12:17 AM
Sounds kinda like they're getting their own 'expedition everest' type ride. I might have to take a trip down there again.

VekomahangNbang
03-31-2006, 05:51 PM
This sounds good, but I can't wait until the rumored B&M further down the road.

SFKK GUY
03-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Sounds good, I'm going Thursday and Friday does anyone know if Timber Tower is going to be open? I'm really looking forward to riding a topple tower.

Matt M
03-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Gerstlauer ride would be VERY cool, especially if it was one of their bobsled coasters or perhaps a Eurofighter.

BGWfanatic
04-01-2006, 12:33 AM
^ Im thinking Euro Fighter, a vertical or over vertical drop into a "mine" would be awsome.

coasterdave
04-01-2006, 07:29 AM
If I am not mistaken, and maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think First Drop (ECC Mag) reported that a Eurofighter had been sold to Dollywood to open in 2007. Maybe someone that gets the mag can either confirm that.

BGWfanatic
04-01-2006, 01:51 PM
screamscape has reported that the official announcement will come in July, Guess we'll have to wait till then to figure out exactly what this thing is.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

coasterdave
04-01-2006, 03:26 PM
July was even mentioned in the Article that was posted at the start of this thread. So it is safe to say that is Lance got the info about the announcement of when it will be. To many people work for NASA these days.

nicktheride
04-01-2006, 03:37 PM
If I am not mistaken, and maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think First Drop (ECC Mag) reported that a Eurofighter had been sold to Dollywood to open in 2007. Maybe someone that gets the mag can either confirm that.

I can confirm that it was in First Drop a few issues back...

SuperSteve
04-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow, sounds sweet. Dollywood is certainly becoming world class. (if it wasnt already)
wonder what this means for SDC in 2007...