PDA

View Full Version : Which SROS do you like best.

Bowserjoe
03-30-2006, 11:40 AM
I have only ridden the one at SFNE, but I can say for sure that it's better than the other two.

Riddler156
03-30-2006, 11:44 AM
I've been on the SFA and SFNE versions, and SFNE's is certainly much better.

PANTSFREE
03-30-2006, 11:57 AM
I have only ridden the one at SFNE, but I can say for sure that it's better than the other two.
I like your logic...

I've only been on the SFA SROS, deffinately one of my top 10 coasters, loads of great airtime. I have to get on the SFNE one tho,supposedly the best coaster on the planet...

apsterling
03-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I rather enjoyed SFDL's because of the turn at the bottom of the drop, but aren't SFA's and SFDL's the same other than lansdcaping?

Leo C
03-30-2006, 12:23 PM
In 2003 I said SFNE's version. It does not change 3 years later. I still prefer it over SFA's over land version.

Wes
03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I've only been on the SFA one, but the layout of the SFNE one looks a lot better overall, so I picked it.

SFNE is the only one that is different of the 3. SFA and SFDL are identical.

Bowserjoe
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
I rather enjoyed SFDL's because of the turn at the bottom of the drop, but aren't SFA's and SFDL's the same other than lansdcaping?

They are mirror images. The one thing that looks cooler about them is the low lying turns. But other than that, they waste all their momentum on those stupid forceless looking helices that lst way too long. SFNE's version has a longer drop, and every moment you're either being ejected out of your seat, or being pressed down with powerful g's. Not to mention, the tunnels, and the interaction with the midway!

Ryan F
03-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Forceless helices? How would you know? You've never been on them.

Everytime I ride the SFDL version I start to black out, especially when I'm sitting in the back.

That being said, I've only been on the one at SFDL, and it is one of my favourite coasters, I love the airtime and forcefull helices.

birdman
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
SFNE is the best imo

Chris L
03-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Haven't ridden any of them, but based on looks alone, I'd choose Six Flags New England's. The Six Flags America and Darien Lake Supermans have too many lengthy FLAT track sections (http://americacoasters.com/Photos/SFDL/08.php) that could have been utilized better --- in contrast to New England's Superman where the track is never flat (http://americacoasters.com/Photos/SFNE/15.php), except for on the brake run and lift.

I'm sure all three are fun though, they're constantly on the top 50 lists.

Tanks4me05
03-30-2006, 03:03 PM
^Flat track sections? Too many? There's only one. But A nice long stretch over the lake WAS fun (until they drained it out for Big Kahuna) Although I only went on SFDL's version, I have to say that is my favorite, but by looks, SFNE's looks better. However, this was a really good ride, with a nice, long drop, some great airtime, and despite the large size of the helices they were VERY forceful, in fact, it's probably in the top 5 most forceful coasters I went on.

James
03-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Why would you make a topic like this then..

Thats like saying "whats the best color.. RED BLUE or YELLOW.. I pick Red because I cant see Yellow or Blue" If you going to make a poll.. Make it about something you have been on more then ONE of.... :rolleyes:

I have been on all 3 SROS.. And if you looked for the 10+ other topics on this you will see my vote.

ShannonS
03-30-2006, 03:56 PM
For me,personally,I like SFNE's version,but,when it comes to night rides,nothing can beat riding SFA's version,just because you can't see anything at all. Also,it is a lot closer to get to,for me. SES

Bencerisback
03-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Never been on any but SFNE's looks way better, the SFA and SFDL versions look like that helix and straight away would be a little bit boring compared to SFNE's

Bowserjoe
03-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Why would you make a topic like this then..

Thats like saying "whats the best color.. RED BLUE or YELLOW.. I pick Red because I cant see Yellow or Blue" If you going to make a poll.. Make it about something you have been on more then ONE of.... :rolleyes:

I have been on all 3 SROS.. And if you looked for the 10+ other topics on this you will see my vote.

BS. You just always have to go out of your way to try to bash me on every site we're both part of. Is there an ignore user button?

Cuddy
03-30-2006, 10:41 PM
^James has a point if you think about it.

And I don't think you can ignore staff, they seem to have a way of coming back to "haunt" you.

Leo C
03-30-2006, 10:48 PM
It should just be stated in a sentence of this site's TOS that SFNE's SROS is the preferred one. lol : )

BGWfanatic
03-30-2006, 11:03 PM
The title of the thread and topic is Which SROS do You like best?
then joe answered the question in his post with his opinion, I personally see no problem with that at all.
But of course the point that he is voting on which he likes best when he is only ridden one is kind of stupid. And if there is other threads on this same topic then yes that is also bad.
But if there is no other thread, then i see no problem with him making this one. I could make a thread about Which Cedar Fair park do u like most? Eventhough i have not been to any, and i dont think there would be anything wrong with that.

Joseph
03-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I think the Darien Lake/America model doesn't have entirely forceless helices but they aren't all that strong either, IMHO. I too think they have too much strait track (it seems to take forever to run from the end of the helix to the second bunny hill, which is a SWEET hop). Still a great ride, and I LOVE the funky S-shaped hills that produce nice air.

Of course, NE's pwns (is that how the kids say it?)

PANTSFREE
03-31-2006, 12:00 PM
They are mirror images. The one thing that looks cooler about them is the low lying turns. But other than that, they waste all their momentum on those stupid forceless looking helices that lst way too long. SFNE's version has a longer drop, and every moment you're either being ejected out of your seat, or being pressed down with powerful g's. Not to mention, the tunnels, and the interaction with the midway!
The first hellix has good ammounts of positive g's. You should ride them before judging the forces...

For me,personally,I like SFNE's version,but,when it comes to night rides,nothing can beat riding SFA's version,just because you can't see anything at all. Also,it is a lot closer to get to,for me. SES
Yes! One of my best experiences on a coaster was when I jumped on in the 5th row with about 30-40 minutes left before closing and just went around and around and around and around until 20 minutes after the park actually closed (they wanted get everyone on who was waiting for the front). Its rediculous how dark it is with absolutely no lights anywhere near the track!

Matt M
03-31-2006, 12:08 PM
BS. You just always have to go out of your way to try to bash me on every site we're both part of. Is there an ignore user button?

Maybe you're bashed on every website you go to because you're a complete idiot on every website you go to. Cause and effect.

James
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Maybe you're bashed on every website you go to because you're a complete idiot on every website you go to. Cause and effect.
:D That makes me so happy.

See Mr. Joe im not the only one who knows your long past...

Matt M
03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
BTW all of these rides pwn Kingda Ka.

Bowserjoe
03-31-2006, 02:23 PM
So someone flames me, and everyone including staff backs him up on it, and nstead of removing the flame, they remove my post. Nice.

Jimmy B
03-31-2006, 02:56 PM
First of all....James has a point in that you really don't know for sure which one is the best until you have tried them all. You may feel the one in New England is the best at this time based on looks alone; yes it is your opinion, but your opinion will be even more respected of you have tried the other two for yourself. Nothing is preventing you from riding all three.

Finally, to all of you above, I want this thread to go back to analyzing the coasters on topic and not each other.

Matt M
03-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Anyways, I've been on SFA's Superman in hurricane, and it was a pretty good ride. My park experience was rather short since the hurricane hit 1 hour into me being at the park. I like Raging Bull better since it gives a ton more ejector air in the back seat than S:ROS did. The lateral kick at the bottom of the drop is quite nice too. The one thing I couldn't understand was the random straight track. They could have put in another hill exactly like the one it leads into easily, and I think the second helix is unneeded. That is however a damned good ride. I haven't been on SFNE's S:ROS to compare it to, but I have a good feeling the polls are quite accurate judging by the rides popularity.

dcs221
03-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah, SROS SFA and SFDL don't pwn Kingda Ka IMO, other than in ride time and airtime intensity on a few spots...Kingda Ka is just so much more overwhelming though, and the speed is absolutely insane...

With that said, SFNE's version dominates all. I've been on SFA's about 100 times and SFNE's 9 times, and wow SFNE's is just so much better than anything else I've ever been on, including MF, KK, TTD, Nitro, AC, RB, etc. The airtime on SROS SFNE is a lot more powerful and more sustained than SFA's version, location is better, pacing is better; plus it has the tunnels and all that. The only thing the other two SROS' have that SFNE's doesn't is that first low turn, which is really awesome, and one of my favorite parts of any ride.

PANTSFREE
03-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, SROS SFA and SFDL don't pwn Kingda Ka IMO, other than in ride time and airtime intensity on a few spots...Kingda Ka is just so much more overwhelming though, and the speed is absolutely insane...

With that said, SFNE's version dominates all. I've been on SFA's about 100 times and SFNE's 9 times, and wow SFNE's is just so much better than anything else I've ever been on, including MF, KK, TTD, Nitro, AC, RB, etc. The airtime on SROS SFNE is a lot more powerful and more sustained than SFA's version, location is better, pacing is better; plus it has the tunnels and all that. The only thing the other two SROS' have that SFNE's doesn't is that first low turn, which is really awesome, and one of my favorite parts of any ride.
SROS is better for me then KK because I hade ridden TTD @ CP a year earlier, so it wasn't very amazing... Great ride not not as good of an all around coaster.

Marc
03-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Funny how two out of the three rides in the poll have seriously injured or killed someone...

Matt M
03-31-2006, 11:46 PM
They should have a "No Fatties Allowed" sign on them.

Bowserjoe
04-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Ok, now that was just plain offensive.

Matt M
04-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Ok, now that was just plain offensive.

I am a horrible person that deserves to burn in the pits of hell for it.

Back on topic, does the water add to the SFDL one?

Marc
04-01-2006, 12:22 AM

How about a sign that says "you must be able to fit between these two poles in order to ride this ride."

Matt M
04-01-2006, 02:33 AM
That's a better idea. I guess you can come down here to hell too Marc.

Joseph
04-01-2006, 03:29 AM
Back on topic, does the water add to the SFDL one?

Yea, its pretty cool, but not very noticeable on the right side. (duh!) It's an all-around left seat coaster and very sweet :D

Roller8652
04-01-2006, 08:23 AM
SFDL's is the best with the lakes mist forceful helixs and some great airtime. At one point you dont hear the trains wheels on the track because you up off the track.

Matt M
04-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Upstops must not be working then.