PDA

View Full Version : Dollywood Coaster 07

SFKK GUY
03-30-2006, 06:09 PM
So we know it's suppose to have a 121 foot drop, which helps add to the speculation, but what exactly do you hope to see in the future for this park? I think it's either going to be a dive coaster or a launched coaster like Powder Keg at Silver Dollar City.

Bencerisback
03-30-2006, 08:18 PM
It wont be a B&Mdive coaster because there can't be another one built in the U.S. for 5 or 10 years.

Zingoman
03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I thought it was a 121 foot drop.

Dollywood03
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Anybody heard what area of the park this is going to be in? I assume the Thunderhead/Timber Tower area..?

cannonballer
03-30-2006, 10:58 PM
eurofighters have vertical drops, would be great into a mine shaft and since there are non (that I know of) in the u.s. this should be a good guess since dollywood likes to get one of a kind things!

bk2004
03-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Anybody heard what area of the park this is going to be in? I assume the Thunderhead/Timber Tower area..?

I've read somewhere by the old abandoned Flooded Mines area. Would be neat to see a re-vamp of this area.

cannonballer
03-31-2006, 05:04 AM
I've read somewhere by the old abandoned Flooded Mines area. Would be neat to see a re-vamp of this area.
Flooded mine? what area was that in?

HEy Zingoman, it says 121 foot high for the attraction! the drop could be taller then the attration itself if it goes underground into a mine! so its possible, not saying it will be cause I dont know, but possible it could be 171 foot drop. That would mean fifty foot into the ground though and that seems pretty deep!

SFKK GUY
03-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah I corrected it, I meant to type that guess my hands just aren't as accute as my mind...

It wont be a B&Mdive coaster because there can't be another one built in the U.S. for 5 or 10 years.

That contract (that I think you're thinking of) could've been for more then one dive coaster. And how do we know that there can't be?

Dukeis#1
04-01-2006, 04:01 PM

The ride will be located on up the valley behind Timber Tower.

The Flooded Mine (dark ride) was located were Daredevil Falls is now. Perhaps you have it confused with the closed Lucky 7 Mine gift shop, which is near the Grist Mill.

BGWfanatic
04-01-2006, 04:27 PM
That contract (that I think you're thinking of) could've been for more then one dive coaster. And how do we know that there can't be?

Sure it could be for more than one, but the contract is with Busch, saying it can only be built in Anheuser Busch parks.
So since Dollywood is not an AB park, then it wont be a B&M dive coaster. Geaustler is a different story though...

coasterdave
04-01-2006, 05:12 PM
It has been confirmed through First Drop (ECC Magazine) has stated that a Eurofighter has been sold to Dollywood to be instailed in 2007. And this will be the first one to open in the US. But if you do not think I am correct then you will just have to wait till July to find out .

coasterfreak14
04-01-2006, 08:27 PM
^And is this an april fools day post? As in, are you joking? Or are you being dead serious? Judgement day honesty.

coasterdave
04-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I am 100% serious about what I stated and stand behind it one hundred percent, but you can always wait till JUly if you would like. You could find someone who is an EEC member and ask them about it. I am sure they will tell you it is coming.

erms12
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
this ride WILL NOT be located in the Thunderhead Gap area of the park. Just to clear that up. I know alot about it, because I know just about EVERYONE THERE. including Dolly herself.

coasterfreak14
04-02-2006, 05:15 PM
^^Ok. Just checking because it was April Fool's Day and you never know. There were several different jokes on the site and I wanted to make it clear weather this one was a joke or not.

Dukeis#1
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
this ride WILL NOT be located in the Thunderhead Gap area of the park. Just to clear that up. I know alot about it, because I know just about EVERYONE THERE. including Dolly herself.

That's not what I've been told. Maybe you can call Dolly up and ask her where it will be...

SFKK GUY
04-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Last time I checked Mountain Sidewinder is a star attraction. If they were going to be building something they would make it cool and interact with the Sidewinder.

Edit: Keep the flames out. -Chip

Chip
04-04-2006, 05:57 PM
This is what this thread looks like without the flames. Please keep it this way.

Note to everyone, we will ban the next person who flames for a day or two. So if you post a flame in this thread, you'll be banned for a while.

VekomahangNbang
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Man, like half the thread is deleted. Now everyone won't be able to see that guy's lame joke about another guy being an 8 year girl looking for a date.

Anyway...

I can't wait until the '07 coaster. I would have rathered it be the B&M thats being talked about, but this sounds decent.

So you read my post, then you post a flame? Brilliant! Two-day ban! -Chip

coastercory06
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
At this rate, I have a feeling DW will be getting a Beemer soon anyway, so it's all good.

BGWfanatic
04-04-2006, 06:02 PM
^ I'd Give it three or four years. :)
But I think the 07' ride Sounds like it is going to be an awsome ride. Well, It has the Potential to be an awsome ride, lets hope they dont screw it up. (which hopefully we wont have much to worry about since it is DW)

erms12
04-04-2006, 08:37 PM
okay...so yeah. It won't be in thunderhead gap.

Dukeis#1
04-04-2006, 08:39 PM
I guess you'll just have to wait until 2007 to find out.

erms12
04-05-2006, 01:12 PM
um yeah I guess you will too.

coasterdave
04-05-2006, 01:31 PM
I think we will know in July where it will be when the park lets the cat out of the bag.

siestakey
04-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Chip, you shouldn't have banned VekomahangNBang, he was already on the page when you posted, so he didn't see it. He posted and left probably, look, yours and Vekoma's posts are both 1 minute apart.

VekomahangNbang
04-06-2006, 06:37 PM
^Ya, I thought someone would notice that. Oh well. I didn't even mind the ban, I didn't even visit the site.

cannonballer
04-06-2006, 07:06 PM
This is what this thread looks like without the flames. Please keep it this way.

Note to everyone, we will ban the next person who flames for a day or two. So if you post a flame in this thread, you'll be banned for a while. not to sound stupid or change the subject of this post but what is a flame?

VekomahangNbang
04-07-2006, 04:04 PM
^Basically posting insults or something like that. There's probably more to it.

thrillerman
04-09-2006, 03:08 PM
The old cave looks like an interesting spot. ;-)

Dollywood03
04-09-2006, 03:58 PM
The new mine coaster will be located next to the Timber Tower across the wooden wall. This was confirmed in the newpaper article below, and first-hand to me by a Dollywood official this weekend at Grand Opening.

Mystery Mine Ride to open in ‘07
Story By: Casey McMahan 2006-03-30
casey@theheraldnewspapers.com

The Pigeon Forge Planning Commission approved a site plan for a brand new ride for the Dollywood theme park.

Architect for the project, Bruce Rutherford, presented a site plan and an artist’s rendering of what the new ride will look like to the commissioners at their meeting Tuesday night.

The Mystery Mine ride will take passengers through an area designed to look like an old mine shaft. “It’s designed appear to be entering into an old mine shaft, and everything will be themed around the track to look this way,” said Rutherford.

By individual mine carts—four to a car—“it then climbs vertically, straight up to 121 feet where a lot of effects happen and then free-falls out and loops and goes back through it again,” he said.

Construction on the new ride won’t be complete until 2007, according to Rutherford. “But, the expansion is so large we’ve had to start it already.”

Developers plan on breaking ground on the project in a month, but it will take a full year to complete, according to Rutherford.

The Mine Ride will be located near the theme park’s latest addition, Timber Tower which is currently under construction and will be unveiled to the public this Saturday, April 1

BGWfanatic
04-09-2006, 05:19 PM
^ Well by the sound of that article, it seems like it will be a Gestauler Euro model.

bk2004
04-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Sounds awesome! If it is anything like Speed in the UK it out to be awesome! Especially with all the proposed theming and just being in this already great park.

erms12
04-10-2006, 01:23 PM
im going to look at the location of the new ride this weekend! :) XD

coasterdave
04-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I think on page one someone said it was a Eurofighter and has been confirmed through First Drop Magazine afew months back.

VekomahangNbang
04-10-2006, 06:45 PM
A Eurofighter in the U.S. would be awesome.

*1001st post*

cannonballer
04-20-2006, 04:04 AM
I peeked inside the gate this monday!
The area looks huge they are digging up! LOTS OF DIRT WORK goin on!

CoasterGuy210
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM
well maybe it will be a giant roller coaster then! I am going to have to make a trip to dollywood soon, it eeps getting better and better

SFKK GUY
05-20-2006, 10:58 PM
I just happen to be going next spring! Can you say sweet!

CoasterKid_2006
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
I've read somewhere by the old abandoned Flooded Mines area. Would be neat to see a re-vamp of this area. That would be nice if there wasn't a ride already sitting in the middle of where the flooded mine ride used to be. Its obviously going to be over there next to the Timber Tower. I hope that they soon add some sort of transportation system through out the park. They might have it where you can walk from the Slide Winder over to the Mystery Mine, since it is just right over the hill.

I love DW
06-01-2006, 08:46 PM
a transpertation system would be nice but to the area of the mountain slidewinder would be hard because there is stuff all around it in the front and there is a huge hill seperating it from the Timber Tower area. but who knows it could be possible. I have heard a rumor on www.screamscape.com that they may build one in like 08, 09 or 2010 that leads to the Tennessee Tornado to connect it to the Timber Tower Thunderhead area. that would be cool but don't forget that is just a RUMOR so it may not every happen. who knows though.