View Full Version : Okay, so what is this ride?

04-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Back in 1986 (I was very young), I went to an indoor fun adventure play centre (where even adults could go around with their children)!!!!. Jungle Tumble / Jungle Mania I think it was called!

It was a multi level indoor centre, with slides, ropes, and shaking stairs going upto the next level. On level 2, you walked onto a darkly lit platform......and then all of a sudden!!!!!!!!!!

You started spinning round and round!, when I looked on the floor, I noticed there were 2 slowly spinning carpet disc thingies that you walked onto

The turntables (as I call them) were about the size of a dartboard, and a navy pattern carpet color. What is the correct name for this spinning ride?, they obsessed me!

does anyone have any piccies?, were they banned for safety reasons?



Jerry S
04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
I seem to remeber seeing this odd ride in old videos if Coney Island. It looked like you went down the slide, and the slide put you on a platform with many spinning disks that would shoot people every which way.

04-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Yes they are fun!. I wanted to know the correct name of them because I want to see if they got banned from action. It is a simple method I guess

A wooden platform with mounted carpet ontop, a geared high power motor which adjusts to weight. Funhouses / indoor adventure centres are nothing like they use to be :(

04-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah, there used to be a sweet one in tulsa, although it was geared to be educational. Their banishment probably has to do with something like insurance or somebody getting hurt because they were being careless....like what has happed with many other great attractions.

Canobie Coaster
04-18-2006, 11:16 AM
I have seen those in videos of Coney Island, but the ride looked very dangerous as people were being thrown around. Most likely someone got hurt, and this ride probably was shut down as it had no restraints.

04-18-2006, 06:40 PM
I HAVE been on tons of these at carnivles. they are usuallyin funhouses, but I dont know what else you would call them besides turntables..

04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
^ Spinny-thingies-that-throw-you-around?

04-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Dude, those sound awesome!!! I wish NY State Fair had one in their fun houses.

05-02-2006, 12:04 AM
There's a large funhouse attraction somewhere in the Netherlands that's practically a recreation of the old Coney Island funhouse, with the disc and everything. I remember you went up a long spiralling carpeted hallway that was about four feet high, and then the hallway opened into this little archy thing, and the carpet came to an edge and stopped. You'd sit down on the edge, and push yourself off, and then go down this vertical steel slide onto the spinning disc, which was waxed, I think, and then go flying into a padded wall. Really wild...

05-02-2006, 11:02 AM
That sounds like soo much fun. I want to ride one!

05-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Damn it! It's not a ride of some type. It's basically a type of jungle gym with moving sections.:confused: