PDA

View Full Version : Email Address/Registration issues

Steven
04-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Due to issues with a member coming back and signing up using free email services that expire after 30 days of inactivity (Yahoo, Hotmail) and ISP email services that aren't well monitored (SBC/AT&T Global), we have had to suspend new registrations from those email domains (sbcglobal.net, yahoo.com, hotmail.com) indefinitely.

This will affect those who need to change their email address to one of the above providers of email, but will not affect those who were registered or had one on record before today, provided they keep it active.

If you find the need to change your email to one of the above, please email Kyle Rehm, Graham, or myself with your best contact email and a detailed explanation as to why you need to use the email provider.

Alternatively, we suggest using GMail (I have several invites available) or your ISP's email service (except for SBC/AT&T). Gmail does not expire, and we have not had problems from other ISPs, who have dealt with us in abuse cases rather effectively.

We will regularly review the suspension and may lift it. If you have any questions, please email me and I will be more than happy to discuss things.