PDA

View Full Version : Gig's Gaget Review

giggity424
04-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey, I recently got hired at a local electronics store, and I get great discounts on lots of devices and I can get my hands on a lot of the new gadgets of today. I decided I'm going to try to keep a thread open on reviews of different
1) phones
2)game systems
3)mp3 players
4)computers
5)cell phones
6) etc. (stuff in this area).

Simply if you want a review on what I think about the reliability,price,etc. leave the product down and as soon as I get hold of it (can range from that day to a month) I will give you a reveiw on my experience with the product.
Hope I can help lots,
Gig

bk2004
04-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Would be awesome if you could get your hands on a Sanyo Xacti VPC-C6!

JamMasterJ
04-22-2006, 01:51 AM
Alright how about that new really slim Samsung phone for Sprint? I was thinking of trading my phone in for one.

giggity424
04-22-2006, 09:29 PM
The samsung phone from sprint, I did play with that, heres the deal:
Open-it is a bit tall but you can forsure get used to it.

The screen is very bright and very clear and the camera has "average" resolution. It does NOT have the same feel as the razor it feels more solid but it's a bit "lanky" it feels like you're balancing the screen from the base. It seems like it can last a pretty long time unless you drop it hard enough, it can probably snap pretty easily. I would say the only real problem would be the music stability, it sounds nice at first but after leaving it on for a while would fuzz up. The recorder and speaker is suprisingly sensitive (in a good way) I would give it over all a 9.5 exceeting the razor due to recorder and music differences. The one thing you should know before you trade in you're old phone is I suggest you wait for a price drop, which I am sure will be coming withing a month or two.

JamMasterJ
04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Cool, thanks. I'll probably give it a little while, as you say, as it is a tad expensive.

giggity424
04-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Xacti VPC-C6- I only got to record and play around with it for about 20 minutes, so I can't give you the greatest review.

First off it's extremely portable and great to handle. It shows up great in dark areas and is amazing in regular light, it has a whoppin 10 megapixles and I think every little one is doing their job amazingly ( a little camera humor there, sorry). Overall it seems fairly amazing but too fragile, I would go for something a bit more practical.

Overall Rating: 9.0 - Great for the more wealthy who can easily replace it but not for those who will rely on it.

SFKK GUY
04-23-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't know if these are discontinued or not but what do you think of the Samsung A600 (for sprint) I just bought one and am happy but was wondering what I need to be extra caustious of from another's perspective. The reason they may be discontinued is because I don't see them on sale anymore at my mall (with three seperate vendors)

giggity424
04-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey! that's my old phone! I now have the a740, Alright it's a pretty basic phone it's quite stable and it's lacking bells and whistles (who needs them) It has a pretty solid feel and what do you need to be extra cautious about?.......nothing, I dropped mine plenty and it works fine, the only only only only problem with this phone is going to be the volume, a lot of times if someone dosn't speak very clear it's going to be too low to understand and you might find you'rself repeating yourself a lot.

Overall Rating: 8.5 - with more clearity it would be a perfect 10.

SFKK GUY
04-24-2006, 06:13 PM
But what about the spinning at times it feels flimsy, what exactly is the use of spinning it? I love it, but my explanations when describing it's uses fall short. Still love it though, it just comes off so sleek no?

giggity424
04-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Yes, it's very flimsy (but sooo cool) so don't drop it!, the swivel is simply to make it easier to take pics, I didn't use it much due to the fact I thought it would fall off, but you can get some spare screws from ebay.

SFKK GUY
04-27-2006, 09:03 AM
You thought it would fall off? LOL I don't think it's that flimsy. So what made you decide to get a new phone?

giggity424
04-28-2006, 04:56 PM
One of my friends had it for cheap, it's not much better but It's more of a basic setup, and I like that.

SFKK GUY
04-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Good. Doubt they have this but what do you think of the Dell DJ?

giggity424
04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Which one? I had one for a short period of time before returning it and getting an ipod mini, which I perfer much more, I can give you a full review if you tell me which one.

SFKK GUY
04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
The 30 gig.

bk2004
04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-M2 Hybrid Digital Camera / Camcorder

I've been looking into getting this. Very compact and I love the design of how it folds in and out and the swivel bright LCD screen. The buttons are oddly placed and design weird, but I'd get over it. And I also know the flast is close to the lense causing red eye, but other than that how would you reccomend this camera...more for video though.

--

I am looking for a "camcorder" (not neccesserily one though) to take mostly video since I have a Casio Exilim s500 for stills....I love the design of the Cybershot mentioned above, but everything I find sucks in low-light which I WON'T settle for...even the smaller MiniDV cameras are too big for me...that is why I was looking at Xacti VPC-C6....any suggestions?!