PDA

View Full Version : Count to A Million Thread

VekomahangNbang
06-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I, and some others, don't think it should have been closed. It wasn't really spam, and plus it doesn't even count towards your post count.

sfft_2108
06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I agree. I actually liked the thread. You also said something that you did that day so others got to see what you do. It was pretty cool. Some of the times I did the same thing like Vekoma like watch Around the Horn or that. I think it needs to be brough back open.

Martin
06-13-2006, 06:21 PM
The only obvious flaw was it would take over 90 years to complete, while posting at a high rate per day.

Andrew will pretty much close every thread Vekoma opens. Or at least it seems that way.

That vacation away from TN line that he uses every time he closes a thread is getting terribly old.

VekomahangNbang
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
^Ya, even though it would take a lifetime to get to a million, that doesn't mean that we couldn't try to get to say, er 100,000.

I think that it was one of the funest threads ever sice I've been here, and others seem to agree.

Martin
06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
^ Andrew doesn't like funny unless it is him making the joke.

sfft_2108
06-13-2006, 07:26 PM
^Ya, even though it would take a lifetime to get to a million, that doesn't mean that we couldn't try to get to say, er 100,000.

I think that it was one of the funest threads ever sice I've been here, and others seem to agree.
Yah, it was probably the most enjoyable threads I have seen in awhile.

Steven
06-13-2006, 08:03 PM
If you have problems with a moderator closing it, go to the lead mod (Kyle). If you read the last post Andrew made, it was decided with ANOTHER MODERATOR to close it. In those cases, your chances of having it reopened get slimmer.

Personally, I am in total agreement with the moderators in the threads. Just because it's in Message Board Games and not counting toward your post count doesn't mean that the forum is a free-for-all and that anything like that is allowed. TN staff have the right to define what is considered spam (not by what members consider as spam), and it was decided as such.

Also, keep in mind this (from the TOS)...

ThrillNetwork staff reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason without notice.

Furthermore, ThrillNetwork staff reserve the right to suspend or revoke posting privileges of any member for any reason without notice. While staff are required to exercise restraint in deciding on an account suspension, there are times where a suspension would be difficult to justify. In those cases, it will be sent to the senior staff, who, as a whole, will make the final decision.

Lastly, ThrillNetwork staff is not required, in any way, to explain a member's suspension. While it may be done as a courtesy, ThrillNetwork staff reserve the right to explain any suspension.
You seem to forget that posting here is a privilege, not a right. We can very easily take it away. If you don't like it... no one is holding you here.

With that, the discussion is closed. If you feel a need to bash Andrew or any other moderator, staffer, or member on here, you might as well leave, because that is also against the TOS. If you have any legitimate gripes that you wish to DISCUSS, you know how to contact Kyle or myself.

Jimmy B
06-14-2006, 01:42 AM
I also want to chime in and say that Andrew and I both decided that the thread was completely pointless and outright free-for-all, and that there was really no future for the thread.

siestakey and VekomahangNbang have combined for nearly half of the posts in that so-called "game." At one point, they have posted 16 consecutive times in a span of about 13 minutes, and appeared to have hijacked the thread, which was clearly against forums policy: Please notice! (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=34678)

At which time, Andrew and I discussed on the matter and we decided that the thread had to be shut down.

In the future, if anyone wants to start up a new game, I strongly suggest you read the Message Board Game Guidelines (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showpost.php?p=577274&postcount=1) and make sure your game complies with that policy.