PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Energy Drink

Raptor
09-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, we've had 47 threads about soft drinks, so here's one that is slightly different - what is your favorite energy drink?

Although not quite an energy drink, I love the Starbucks Doubltshot. I'm addicted to it - it seems to work better and faster than any other energy drink.

Bawls is also amazing too, but as of right now they hardly sell it anywhere. So as far as normal energy drinks available everywhere, I'm gonna have to go with Mountan Dew's Amp for having the most tolerable taste.

Carowinds 73-03
09-16-2005, 04:52 PM
The only energy drink i have ever tried is Red Bull but i had it with Vodka.

tommyistommy
09-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Full throttle is good as a drink. No drink gives me energy. Bawls is really good. I love it. Red bull is the worst tasting drink ever.

Raptor
09-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, Red Bull is awful, and it annoys me that it's the most common energy drink.

Cuddy
09-16-2005, 09:46 PM
It wasn't Red Bull I had, but it was an energy drink that comes in the 16 oz can. I took one at 5am and literally crashed at 11:30am. That never happened to be with Amp or Redbull or 180.

Speaking of which, 180 seems to be the tastiest. Red Bull is good when mixed with liquor of some kind. Both the liquor and RB lose their "bite" when mixed with each other.

coasetrphil
09-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Red Bull and liquor is probably one of the worst things you could possibly do to your body, so I'm glad to see that its so popular.

I've tried some of the Sobe Adrenaline energy drink before and I thought it tasted horrible, plus I don't really see the need for it.

Emann
09-16-2005, 10:15 PM
I remember having redbull with everclear(95%alchohol)and boy was that some crazy stuff.

Cuddy
09-16-2005, 10:23 PM
^You're way too young to be drinking, let alone Everclear.

Martin
09-16-2005, 10:25 PM
I haven't tried that Starbucks one yet, but in my opion Red Bull tastes like absolute crap. Maybe that's just my tastebuds.

coasetrphil
09-16-2005, 10:29 PM
You don't enjoy the taste of liquid that derives some of its distinctive taste from bull testicles? You're so silly.

Montu Man
09-16-2005, 10:51 PM
I think every energy drink I've tasted was crap. Plus, their so expensive. I'd rather take a soda over an energy drink.

pipesdrums
09-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Sugar water!

Energy drinks in my opinion are garbage. There are so many healthier ways of getting an energy boost than drinking some revved up drink. Not to mention how retardedly expensive most of them are.

Mixing alcohol with a high energy drink like Redbull is a waste of money and its dangerous for your body.

I think I will stick to my jug of water or orange juice and a granola bar or grapes.

pcman
09-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Thats right
if I need a boost coffee is fine. or water
Soda and the energy drinks are mostly sugar
17 teaspoons of sugar in the average can of soda
And why would anyone pay for water ?
IT"S FREE just making the soda companies rich
I have never bought a bottle of water for myself just give me the bottle

Water is 4-10 times more expensive then GASOLINE
yes GAS that you put in your car

try buying a gallon of water at a theme park that would come out to $16.00 most water comes from a municipal water source then filtered anyway or some so called mountain or well. In studies most city and suburban water taste better and are just as clean as bottle water
it's all good.

Dan G
09-17-2005, 01:35 AM
I tried the Starbucks Double Shot Mocha thing...It's really strong.

I wanna try Pimp Juice, just because that's what all the c00l people drink. :D

Rachel123
09-17-2005, 01:49 AM
I enjoy the taste of Red Bull But it's so expensive so I never drink it. I do however buy Red Rave. It's taste the same and it's less then a third of the price. I've tried Full Throttle and I didn't like the taste at all. I've also tried Hype. It's good. A little bit more expensive then Red Rave.
I work 12 hour nights shifts. Coffee and Red Rave are my friends.

James R
09-17-2005, 02:02 AM
What's popular down here is 'Rock Star'. I've never tasted it and I'm not sure if I want to. I also really do not like Red Bull, I think it has a terrible aftertaste. When visiting a local LAN place nearby, they have got Bawls by the dozens. (it's quite expensive...but it's an energy booster to the LAN addict...therefore, it sells.) I personally enjoy Elements. It's not so much an energy drink rather than a good tasting fruit drink. It's the one that comes in the metal cans, almost like the old milk bottles. My favorite(s) are the Rain, Meteor, and Fire flavors. Smoothie King with a double shot of pure caffeine is also a nice kick. ;) And the Starbucks Espresso Double Shots are rather tasty too, but I only drink one a good while (moreso one every month.)

On the subject of drinks, I also enjoy Arizona Peach Tea... Mmm... and the CrystaLight Peach Tea too!! Mmm...

Brian F
09-17-2005, 02:58 AM
The only energy drink i have ever tried is Red Bull but i had it with Vodka.

I'd laugh, but I've been there. Had it with black vodka. Also had it with Jaegermeister the same night.

For those of you who says it's bad for you, I have to say my body agreed. I think I threw up my toenails.

And 9 hours later, I was on Magnum and MF- THAT is the way to cure a hangover!

Kyle L
09-17-2005, 03:31 AM
I like Amp, Red Bull, Bawls etc. I basically run on them on weekends. Never got into the Double Shots....they're really expensive for a energy drink in my opinion.

As of right now, I just got a huge case of Mountain Dew left over from my birthday...so I'm working on that.

pcman
09-17-2005, 12:39 PM
THese drinks have about the same amount of caffeine as coffee but cost more then double (I don't buy COffee at coffee houses like starbucks for $3 rip-off and up when I can get a 24oz for $1.25 at the local WAWA or 7 Eleven )
Here is a list of Caffeie counts in these drinks
http://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

Here is some health issues:
http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/Food_Facts/FAQ/caffeine_and_energy_drinks.asp

Red bull is 80mg and JOLT COLA is a close second with 70mg Mountain Dew 55mg
I remember JOLT COLA which is hard to find
but the energy drinks some contain caffeine and other legal stimulants like ephedrine, guarana, and ginseng.

Martin
09-17-2005, 01:24 PM
I'll make coffee at home, if I plan on drinking some. As far as energy drinks, I would definitley have a soda or a coffee, to get a caffeine boost.

Cuddy
09-17-2005, 03:14 PM
I saw an advertised energy drink that as an alcohol content of 6.9%. I thought "beer as an energy drink?" But that's what it was.

Yeah, energy drinks like Amp, RB, 180, etc are expensive, $1.99 for a 8 oz can. I've noticed something about them though, drink them too much and they do nothing for you. I drank a bunch of them back in 2003, two a morning in one week. By the time Thursday rolled around, they had no affect on me.

Raptor
09-17-2005, 03:49 PM
I saw an advertised energy drink that as an alcohol content of 6.9%. I thought "beer as an energy drink?" But that's what it was.Was it called Sparks beer? I tried that stuff and it was actually pretty good.

YoungStud
09-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I saw an advertised energy drink that as an alcohol content of 6.9%. I thought "beer as an energy drink?" But that's what it was.

Yeah, energy drinks like Amp, RB, 180, etc are expensive, $1.99 for a 8 oz can. I've noticed something about them though, drink them too much and they do nothing for you. I drank a bunch of them back in 2003, two a morning in one week. By the time Thursday rolled around, they had no affect on me.

Its cause your cns gets acustomed to it.

rocketchk
09-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm trying very hard to break a nasty addiction to Sugar Free Red Bull. Two a day usually, and I've finally got it down to one. It takes your appetite away and makes you not want food-just another Red Bull. I do love it tho.

Jessica

Rachel123
09-17-2005, 08:11 PM

We have a couple of those here. They're beer......with Guarine or taurine in them which are natural energy boosters.
We have Molson Kicks and Blue Shok.

raser
09-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Monster yellow is good and Full throttle is terrible...

chilled
09-18-2005, 01:57 PM
My favorites are the YJ Stingers by Stacker2. They have a bunch of different flavors and they're all tasty. I dont drink them for energy though. I never notice myself getting more energy after I drink one. I just drink them because I like the taste.

SFGadvKing
09-18-2005, 03:52 PM
energy drinks are stupid. the only kind i drink is powerade because it tastes good and is normally the same price as soda.

Raptor
09-18-2005, 05:05 PM
They are not that stupid! They're not supposed to send you bouncing off the walls. I usually drink them to keep from falling asleep, like in class or something.. and they work.

YoungStud
09-18-2005, 06:32 PM
stack ephedra with caffeine like i do:)

RLLrCoastrLover
09-22-2005, 02:42 PM
I like rooster booster at QT.

Ryan F
09-22-2005, 05:14 PM
I usually dont mind Red Bull, I just dont like paying almost $3 for a can.
Has anyone ever seen the European version (i think that's where it was from)? it came in a brown bottle and looked like cough syrup. I never tried it, but some people in my class bought a case of it at the auto show when we went on a trip there.

I also tried the WWE Raw energy drink before. They gave out free bottles at a RAW taping. It wasn't really the best tasting stuff.

Marc
10-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Red Bull went down on my list. I got cut off by a red bull van today..

Cuddy
10-04-2005, 03:00 AM
The way this night is going, and the fact I have to leave for work in 3 hours and sleep is NOWHERE in my plans, 3 cans of RedBull spaced 2 hours apart will be my energy for the day. Couple that with Mountain Dew and I'll be literally shaking by 3pm.

Calvin
10-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Just drink a six pack of Tizer and you'll be bouncing off the walls like a huge gas molecule.

We recently got these "Monster" energy drink machines installed in our school. The colour of the drinks are neon green, neon orange, neon blue, neon yellow, and neon purple. They all taste like one of those little sour sweets, Warheads. Today, at school, before school, actually, my friends and I (YES I HAVE FRIENDS) were poking around outside the cafeteria. It was freakin' cold. My friend Rebekah was drinking one of those drinks. She blinked about once every second, twitched twice per nanosecond, and talkedlikeStewieontheFamilyGuymoviewhenhetakesallt hosecaffeinepills. She took a slug and started shaking, and I took the drink from her and said slowly and clearly, "THAT'S ENOUGH FOR YOU."

Cuddy
10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I only had two cans of RedBull. I came down HARD about 10:45am. Now if I can get a short catnap, I'll be fine.

Gawiccan86
10-04-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure if this counts as a energy drink, but my favorite energy drink is Vitamin Water. It tastes great and is actually good for you. A close 2nd is Donkey Kick energy drinks.

bk2004
10-06-2005, 12:39 AM
The only engery drink that I have ever tried is Full Throttle. It was uterly a waist of money. $3.00 for a not-so-good drink and gave me no engery? Yeah...why bye more.

People from where I work at are big on Red Bull. I've heard it is nasty and I'm sure it is. I am not going to even waist money on that either. I never find myself in situations where I need an "energy" boost or anything, so why even spend money on a drink that I know isn't going to help? My engery for the day is something I call "sleep." Have you ever heard of it?

Marc
10-09-2005, 05:38 AM
My anti-energy is called stress, have you ever heard of it? I've found myself drinking 2 or 3 cans of red bull during a 4 hour trip home from Cedar Point during weekends. It's either that, or run the risk of not making it home. (I've gotten ridiculously close to it)

I actually like the taste of red bull. It's a pretty tart taste. If you don't like tart, then you certainly won't like Red Bull.

Bowserjoe
06-15-2006, 10:48 AM
My favorite Energy Drinkis probably "Lost" although "Monster" is a close second. Red Bull is good too, but it's a ripoff because you're paying the same price for a drink half the size.

Wes
06-15-2006, 01:00 PM
None. Can't drink caffeine because it raises my blood pressure.

BDUC420
06-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I like sobe no fear

Carowinds 73-03
06-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I guess i'll say Red Bull since it's the only one i have ever had and that was a long time ago.

Hammy2003
06-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Rumba. I had never heard of it until yesterday. It's 100% juice with ginseng, vitamins, and other good stuff (?). Really good.

Rockstar is a close second, though it'll turn your mouth inside out.

James R
06-15-2006, 02:46 PM
You forgot Bawls! Bawls is pretty good. I also like the Elements drink, along with Sobe.

Jimmy B
06-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Voted: Vault. It tastes virtually like Mountain Dew, if not exactly like.

Bowserjoe
06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
I really want to try Bawls, but I've never seen it in stores. I also never tried the Von Dutch energy drink.

Katie
06-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Dude, all I am saying is Red Bull and Southern Comfort. Good stuff man!

Matt M
06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
None. Can't drink caffeine because it raises my blood pressure.

I prefer "Go to sleep at a normal time" from the Common Sense Beverage Company.

sfft_2108
06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Eh. We already have a topic on this.. http://thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=36203&highlight=Energy+Drink

Anyways I say AMP. All the other ones I have tried tasted bad.

Bowserjoe
06-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Eh. We already have a topic on this.. http://thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=36203&highlight=Energy+Drink

It doesn't have a poll though! ;) And if I brought back that topic I would've gotten bashed so this is fine. Anyway, I had a "Lost" drink today, and man, my heart was pumping so fast and I couldn't keep my arms and legs still. I just kept bouncing in my chair!

Bruns
06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Yech! None. They all pretty much taste like stale urine (Or, I'd imagine thats how stale urine would taste) and they sure as hell aren't good for you (trust me) so they have nothing going for them in my mind. And I really can't wrap my head around why people drink energy drinks with alcohol. I'm not a health nut but thats a heart attack waiting to happen. The energy drink says "GO FASTER!" while the alcohol says "slow down." Your body gets confused.

Bowserjoe
06-15-2006, 08:43 PM
I agree. I will NOT have an energy drink and alcohol EVER within hours of each other. Some people have a drink called Cherry Bomb which is Red Bull mixed with cherry vodka. It sounds good, but I won't go near it.

sfft_2108
06-15-2006, 08:43 PM
It doesn't have a poll though! ;) And if I brought back that topic I would've gotten bashed so this is fine. Anyway, I had a "Lost" drink today, and man, my heart was pumping so fast and I couldn't keep my arms and legs still. I just kept bouncing in my chair!
Nah you wouldn't have been bashed. I am sure the mods will merge them and I don't know if the poll can.

Cuddy
06-15-2006, 08:59 PM
OMFG I merged these!!!11!!!

Anyhow, I would not count Vault as an "energy drink". If it were, then Kick (look it up) and Surge would be the same as well. Same with that MD20 or whatever Mountain Dew has. Amp still sucks. Red Bull (Red Fuel on tap) is great with Jager and certain vodkas. I haven't had 180 in a while.

But I don't drink "energy" drinks as I once did. If you see my post from October, 2005, they don't work for me. The only energy drink that our employer recomends is Gatorade. Its the only one that will replenish the body with what it needs. And seeing as how this may be a hot summer, I'll need all the Gatorade I can get.

Just don't drop a shot of Jager in it.

Wes
06-16-2006, 07:52 AM
I've never heard of Lost. What a weird name for a drink.

trainguy83
06-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Ok maybe I missed it but nobody said JOLT cola. That stuff will give you a buzz like theres no tomorrow. Course with me it has the reverse effect since Im A.D.H.D so it makes me crash hard due to all the caffine in it.

Bowserjoe
06-16-2006, 10:48 AM
I've never heard of Lost. What a weird name for a drink.

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/lostenergydrink/lostenergy.jpg