PDA

View Full Version : Extended Downtime July 1-July 20

Steven
07-20-2006, 11:24 PM
To all TN members:

We thank you graciously for your patience while we dealt with our downtime matters. True to our word, the site is back up, with everything in place before it went down.

In the end, it turned out to be a combination of matters, mostly power-related (there was a short in the case itself). As a precaution, we replaced both the motherboard and the power supply to ensure that the site will not go down again because of damaged hardware from this incident.

In the coming days and weeks, you will see a the photo contest take shape, as well as some new things that you can enjoy. Plus, we will be ready to cover new ride announcements as they occur.

In the meantime, please give extra special thanks to Roman @ Escape for helping with the hardware, and Alex for getting the spare parts ordered, and coming up with the idea of having the blog up for the interim.

If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to contact me directly (just go through my user profile).

On behalf of all of the TN staff, I thank you again, and we deeply apologize for the unfortunate downtime we experienced. As a visitor myself (I'm not just the Admin), I really missed the site.

Steven Heicher
ThrillNetwork.com

M1hockeydude
07-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Ya! This is great. Thank you everybody for putting this site back up.

Bratman
07-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Hear, hear!!!! Good job on getting everything going again. I really missed this place.

sfft_2108
07-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Well all be damn. lol. Never thought this day would come. lol.

Thanks to all the staff who got the site back to where it was.

It was nice spending some extra time at CS. lol. Well I was an active member there, but I just gotta a little more active.

Jerry S
07-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I was on GAInsider to help my withdrawl symptoms.

Raptor
07-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Phew, that was a scary couple of weeks. But I'm glad its back.

Wes
07-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Now I have something to do at work! Yay!

Thanks Steven and Alex for all your work getting it back up.

BatwingFan SFA
07-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Glad to hear that the site is back up,I was going through some withdrawl myself...especially because my digital cable is acting up again & I gotta wait til at least monday to get it fixed so there's not much to do on the web with only one other coaster site up & running & the digital tv channels down.

siestakey
07-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Man did I miss TN. Steven, thank you very much for starting the best coaster site I've ever been too, and keeping it running!

Worm
07-23-2006, 03:28 AM
I checked here almost twice a day to see if its back! Thanx for making this site, I've learned everything i know about coasters here

Alex Westerman
07-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Some members have asked me if they could make donations. We thank you for all your kind words and support but donations are not needed. The ad revenue helped us buy all the new equipment. We are also buying a new server that will mirror our current one so if we go down again it's just a matter of flipping a switch to the back up site. That said we are spending a lot on capital improvements and as always clicking on the text ads will always help! So in lieu of donations click away. ;-)