PDA

View Full Version : Coaster Draft 2006

bristol2512
07-27-2006, 02:09 PM
what is coaster draft 2006 and how do you participate?

coasterlove
07-27-2006, 03:41 PM
It's a game/contest I started in 2004 and do every year now. Members enroll and then are then put into draft order. Once the Coaster Draft starts, they pick coasters to form their park in the same way as in sports when teams select players in their drafts. This year's draft has already started. You can search for past year's drafts as well as this year to see the rules as well as follow along and watch this year's draft and then later vote when it is over.

coasterdude28
07-27-2006, 03:41 PM
The coaster draft is a game being played in the message board games section of the forums. It is something that you have to sign up for before January. Only a certain amount of people are allowed to particapate each year. It is too late to join for the 2006 draft. It works like a regular draft in which each member picks a coaster when it is their turn in the round. You make a "park" with the coasters that you pick. Then we vote on who has the best overall park and they are the winner. Pay attention next December and try to sign up early if you want to participate.

sfft_2108
07-27-2006, 11:39 PM
...and Coasterlove was the founder no matter what any one else says on another forum. :)

coasterlove
07-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Ah, thanks Brent. I knew there were some other drafts on other forums but thought they gave me credit or at least acknowledged it wasn't their idea or simply didn't try to take credit for it. I'd like anyone who tried to take credit for it show me when their draft started.

Jimmy B
07-28-2006, 10:31 PM
The complete rules for the draft are found here (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showpost.php?p=663642&postcount=1).

To participate, you needed to have pre-signed up at the beginning of this year, so it's too late to join for this year, but you can look for a sign-up thread for next year's draft by the start of next year.

However you (and everyone else) can to follow along the draft and vote for the player that you think has the best coaster collection at the conclusion of the draft. Anyone can, indeed is encouraged, to take part in the voting process. All active draft players during the voting process must vote to be qualified for the final rankings.

Also, if anyone wants to be in future coaster drafts -- and I cannot stress this enough -- you will need to consider the long-term process of the draft.....it is not played overnight; it will take several months to play. So you have to be longly committed and be ready to play and constantly following the draft day after day. If you miss a pick, it can seriously hurt your chances of a good ranking and even winning....missing two or more picks will make it virtually impossible to win and may cause you to be disqualified from the draft, and possibly even banned from future drafts. This isn't meaning to come off as being strict, but coasterlove, who is the inventor and coordinator of the Coaster Draft, works very hard and spends invalueable amount of time setting the game up for us, and we as his fellow players owe it to him to take the draft seriously (and not for granted). He also wants the game to run along smoothly to make it fun and enjoyable for everyone.

If you or anyone has any further questions about the draft, please ask them here....

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=38871