PDA

View Full Version : Disney dreams. . .

DisneyFreak33
07-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Anyone hear of this "year of a million dreams"? Supposedly Disney is granting one million dreams of guests who visit the US parks. I also heard there is a chance of winning the whole park to yourself, just you and your friends. It is hard to believe but that would be awesome. Anyone got any info????

BGWfanatic
07-28-2006, 03:04 PM
according to screamscape, this is what is happening...

Starting October 1st, Disneyland and Walt Disney World will begin the new Year of a Million Dreams celebration. During the year long celebration Disney cast members will award a million dreams, both large and small, to guests through a random Disney Dreams Giveaway promotion. Some of the top dreams to be realized will include an overnight stay in a royal bedchamber inside Cinderella’s Castle (WDW) or a night in the new Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel. These new bed chambers (under construction and planned to open in Jan 2007) will be given away to a lucky family each day who can spend the night inside the park. Other dream prizes include a trip to each Disney park around the world to serve as grand marshal in the parades, a variety of Disney vacation experiences, special parties at DL or WDW, private meetings with Disney characters, or a special Golden FastPass ticket with “unique access entitlements”.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm

mickeylover1901
07-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I have heard of the "Year of a Million dreams" celebration on another message board. It sounds like a cool idea! I went to mydisneyparks.com and registered, now i am just crossing my fingers! Spending the night inside the park sounds a little creepy though?

sfft_2108
07-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Thats pretty sweet.

DisneyFreak33
07-31-2006, 06:51 PM
I have heard of the "Year of a Million dreams" celebration on another message board. It sounds like a cool idea! I went to mydisneyparks.com and registered, now i am just crossing my fingers! Spending the night inside the park sounds a little creepy though?

I went to that site, how do you register??? I didn't see it, this promotion sounds awesome. I have been planning a trip in Jan. that would be crazy if I got picked, so much to choose from I don't know what my dream would be. . .

coasetrphil
07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to spend the night in Cinderella's Castle.

SheikraTTD
07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
That would be so sweet! Since I was three I thought you could get to the top of that. And now you can sleep there a night!

mickeylover1901
08-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I went to that site, how do you register??? I didn't see it, this promotion sounds awesome. I have been planning a trip in Jan. that would be crazy if I got picked, so much to choose from I don't know what my dream would be. . .

Under the sweepstakes section there is a button that says what dreams come true or something like that, you click on it then there is a section to register or to log in if you are already a member.

Does anyone know when they choose the winner???

DisneyFreak33
08-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks Mickeylover I found it, I'm a registered user now. Does anyone happen to know when they announce the winner??? I can't wait, I'm sure I won't win but it is fun to pretend I might :)

Wes
08-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I'd love to win the night in the castle or better yet to visit all the Disney parks. That would be awesome.

Joseph
08-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Read the friggin' rules (https://secure.disney.go.com/registration/sites/sweepstakesRules?name=SweepstakesRulesPage&site=DisneyParks&appRedirect=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.disney.go.com%2Fr egistration%2Fsites%2Fsweepstakes%3Fname%3DSweepst akesConfirmationPage%26site%3DDisneyParks) and stop spamming the site! OK we all get it... Disney is having a contest, you can move on now...

PROCEDURES: Sweepstakes is being conducted during the Term. On or about September 1, 2006, in a random drawing, a winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.

WINNER: Potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about September 4, 2006.

mickeylover1901
08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
we definately arent spamming this site. We started a thread and continue to talk about the event in which the thread is about...hardly spamming. Some people are excited about this, as it's never happened before.

Ryan F
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Canadians can never enter any good contests...
That would be such a great prize.

mickeylover1901
08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
haha...well find an american friend to enter and make them promise to include you :)

DisneyFreak33
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM
What's your fav DL ride???? I'm torn between two. . . Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain Mountain :/

Joseph
08-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Is that even relevant? No, its spam.

mickeylover1901
08-10-2006, 05:57 PM
What's your fav DL ride???? I'm torn between two. . . Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain :/

My favorite Disneyland ride is definitely Space Mountain. When i win the Disney grandprize, i am gonna ride Space Mountain all day long!

mickeylover1901
08-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Is that even relevant? No, its spam.

How do you figure this is spam? This is a thread about Disney and the Disney Dream celebration, that is what everyone is discussing here. Isn't that what message boards are for?

DisneyFreak33
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I agree...we are just eager chatters who are interested in the upcomming and current Disney events :)

New dreams guys...that they build another Splash Mountain ride in my backyard, hey I can dream right??

BGWfanatic
08-14-2006, 08:18 PM
How do you figure this is spam? This is a thread about Disney and the Disney Dream celebration, that is what everyone is discussing here. Isn't that what message boards are for?

actually, Mickeylover1901, DisneyFreak33 Randomly asked waht everyones favorite DL ride is... which has NOTHING to do with the contest, which is what this thread is about. So yes he was spamming.

katylady33
08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
This whole thing sounds really great! I'm a big fan of WDW and so are my kids. We are taking a trip in december and heard someone talking about this "Year of a Million Dreams" and sure enough I got a bunch of info from you guys! I can't fathom them fitting in that many dreams in a year, how will they do it???

mickeylover1901
08-15-2006, 07:46 PM
This whole thing sounds really great! I'm a big fan of WDW and so are my kids. We are taking a trip in december and heard someone talking about this "Year of a Million Dreams" and sure enough I got a bunch of info from you guys! I can't fathom them fitting in that many dreams in a year, how will they do it???

Based on my calculations, in order to give away a million dreams, Disney will be granting about 2700 dreams a day. I sure like those odds! I hope you have fun at WDW this December, I have been there in December, and the park decorations are so beautiful! If you any other questions, please just ask, that is what we are here for!

katylady33
08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Based on my calculations, in order to give away a million dreams, Disney will be granting about 2700 dreams a day. I sure like those odds! I hope you have fun at WDW this December, I have been there in December, and the park decorations are so beautiful! If you any other questions, please just ask, that is what we are here for!

Thanks for the information Mickeylover1901. This sounds like it is going to be a really exciting promotion. I can't wait to get back to Disneyland.

trombone
08-16-2006, 08:40 PM
I would love to win this contest, but I have one problem ... I work at Splash Mountian, and I can not enter. :((

DisneyFreak33
08-16-2006, 09:05 PM

2700 a day those are really good odds. . . I'm going in Jan. my dream just might come true!!

mickeylover1901
08-17-2006, 06:15 PM
I would love to win this contest, but I have one problem ... I work at Splash Mountian, and I can not enter. :((

That sucks trombone! You should have someone in your family, or one of your friends register for you.

Spidey_Rocks
08-18-2006, 03:59 AM
i love this idea! staying inside the disneyland park would be awsome

DisneyFreak33
08-18-2006, 06:51 PM

What do you mean??? Sleeping there??

BGWfanatic
08-18-2006, 07:41 PM

actually, at disneyland you cant. If you win you get to stay at the newly refurbished presidents suite (or the equivalent of it) at the disney land hotel.

BUT, if you win at disney world (and more specifically Magic Kingdom) You get to stay Inside the castle. There was an apartment built for Walt and his family but sadly he died before MK opened, so it was unused until now, where theyve refurbished it and are using it for this.
Man, that would be a dream come true for me.
I wonder what they'll do with the room after the "year of a million dreams" is over.

RidePhoto101
08-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Here are a few more details of the promotion as they have been announced to travel agents...

The online contest (Keys to the Kingdom) is only one dream out of the million that Disney plans to give away. The other 999,999 dreams will be awarded to park and resort guests at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

Of all the prizes, the biggest is not actually the online Keys to the Kingdom contest, but rather an in-park prize in which a guest selected at random will be awarded a trip to every Disney park on the planet where they will get to act as the Grand Marshal in a Disney parade.

Other prizes include:
- A night in Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World or the Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland.
- A "Golden Fastpass" that will give you an immediate return time on fastpasses throughout the park.
- Free admission to special private parties and experiences.
- Private meetings with Disney characters.
- Free Disney Vacation Experiences
- and much more.

Disney has hired an outside sweepstakes company to run this promotion, and winners will be randomly selected by a computer. A small "Dreamgiver" crew (not the official name) of cast members will be sent to random locations throughout the day where the computer has told them what "dreams" to give out.

For example, the computer might tell the cast members to go to the Teacups ride at the Magic Kingdom at 11:02am and distribute up to 4 Golden Fastpasses to the riders in the blue teacup. Then at 11:06am, they could be instructed to award up to 4 free admissions to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to the next family to approach Fastpass machine #2 at Mickey's Philharmagic.

The 1,000,000 dreams will be split between Florida and California, with WDW getting somewhere around 700,000 dreams and Anaheim getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 300,000.

Based on 2005 attendance figures, a visitor to any of the North American Disney parks should have about a 1 in 63 chance of winning a "dream" on any particular day. If the average stay is a week, your chances are about 1 in 10, or just over 1 in 2 for one person in a typical family of 4 to win a prize.

I love DW
08-18-2006, 07:59 PM
That would be awesome to get to go to all of the Disney parks in the world. That would be my dream come true.

BGWfanatic
08-18-2006, 11:12 PM
what exactly is the keys to the kingdom prize?

RidePhoto101
08-19-2006, 12:16 AM
The Keys to the Kingdom prize is basically Disney's "Red Carpet" treatment, literally. You get a 4 day / 3 night vacation (October 1-4, 2006) at Walt Disney World including airfare, accomodations, and all meals paid.

On your "Keys to the Kingdom" day, your morning will start with a special "Red Carpet" ceremony where you are the star and get to walk the red carpet down Mainstreet U.S.A. as all of the Magic Kingdom cast members line the street cheering for you. From there, you make your way on a guided VIP exclusive access tour around the Magic Kingdom visiting attractions in each area of the park, having the whole ride to yourself. As you and your family leave each land, other park guests will fill the park behind you. After you have completed your VIP tour of every section of the park, and the whole park is full of other guests, you will become the Grand Marshal of a daily parade. Your evening will end by viewing fireworks over Cinderella Castle from a very special viewing location.

This is a very special dream, which will be the first official dream granted by Disney. As the recipient of the very first dream, you get the Keys to the Magic Kingdom and get to officially launch the Year of a Million Dreams.

BGWfanatic
08-19-2006, 12:20 AM
^ Wow! Thats awsome! Disney is really going all out with this!

I love DW
08-19-2006, 01:12 AM
^^I think this is an awesome idea. And I'm sure it will help Disney get even more people into there parks.

katylady33
08-21-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm getting a little worried, I still can't register and time is running out :( Can someone help me please??? I don't know if it's my comp or if I just keep missing it.

mickeylover1901
08-23-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm getting a little worried, I still can't register and time is running out :( Can someone help me please??? I don't know if it's my comp or if I just keep missing it.

To register, simply go to the website mydisneyparks.com. The page often takes a while to load in the middle of the day, so i would recommend going to the either in the morning, or late at night. Once the site has opened, in the upper left hand corner, there is a sweepstakes link. Click that link, and then follow the instructions. If you have any other questions, let us know.

Carowinds 73-03
08-24-2006, 04:02 AM
I'm actually very angry their going to let people stay in the Castle. That room was built for Walt and his family and i just don't think it's right to have thousands of strangers staying the night there doing god knows what.

I know my opinion will not matter but i personally fell this is one od Disney's stupid ideas and hopefully it will backfire on them. You never know, someone could trash the place.

mickeylover1901
08-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Thats a good point Carowinds 73-03, I never thought of that, but I agree. I hope they keep the castle the way that Walt designed it.

RidePhoto101
08-24-2006, 04:47 PM
As a telephone room? That is what it was before the makeover.

I love DW
08-24-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't honestly think that someone is going to trash the place they could but I don't think they will. And I actually don't think that it will hurt Disney because look at the advertisment there getting. Everyone who sees this thread is being subject to free advertisment for the Disney parks.

DisneyFreak33
08-24-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't honestly think that someone is going to trash the place they could but I don't think they will. And I actually don't think that it will hurt Disney because look at the advertisment there getting. Everyone who sees this thread is being subject to free advertisment for the Disney parks.

I doubt anyone who would get the chance to stay in the castle would even think about damaging it. The guests first of all love DL they respect and cherish it, whoever gets picked will be even better because they went out of their way to find out about the prize. It should be fine, Walt can rest easy :)

BGWfanatic
08-24-2006, 10:01 PM
If Walt could not use it himself, who do you think would have been his next choice? His guests.

Personally, I would like to believe that Walt is very happy that his apartment will be used for something more than just a telephone room. It will be used to make dreams come true, what else would Walt ever ask for?

You also have to remember that sadly, Walt never got the chance to live here, which IMO makes a big difference.

His apartment in Disneyland (over top of the fire station) Is kept exactly as it was in Walts day, park guests are not allowed in, and the exact same lamp that Walt would turn on when he was in the park so guest would know, is kept burning in the window 24/7. Which is exactly how I think it should be there.
also notice that they arent using that apartment for this celebration, which im once again very glad of.

DisneyFreak33
08-25-2006, 04:41 PM
If Walt could not use it himself, who do you think would have been his next choice? His guests.

Personally, I would like to believe that Walt is very happy that his apartment will be used for something more than just a telephone room. It will be used to make dreams come true, what else would Walt ever ask for?

You also have to remember that sadly, Walt never got the chance to live here, which IMO makes a big difference.

His apartment in Disneyland (over top of the fire station) Is kept exactly as it was in Walts day, park guests are not allowed in, and the exact same lamp that Walt would turn on when he was in the park so guest would know, is kept burning in the window 24/7. Which is exactly how I think it should be there.
also notice that they arent using that apartment for this celebration, which im once again very glad of.

That is a good point, I didn't know he never lived there. . . that makes a big difference if people are worried about the respect portion. I think he would love the idea of making guests dreams come true.

I love DW
08-27-2006, 01:31 AM

That's cool that they keep the light on. That really is a very special touch I think. And I agree I'm glad that they aren't using that one.

mickeylover1901
08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
So i was browsing through youtube.com and found the full length commercial for "The Year of a Million Dreams" and it was awesome!! I just can't figure out why it's not out on TV or on the site?? It had me close to tears, has anyone else seen it?

I love DW
08-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Not that you could forget but just in case if anyone on here wins let us know.

katylady33
08-29-2006, 05:37 PM
So i was browsing through youtube.com and found the full length commercial for "The Year of a Million Dreams" and it was awesome!! I just can't figure out why it's not out on TV or on the site?? It had me close to tears, has anyone else seen it?

I saw the commercial this weekend on ABC. . . it was amazing!!! I can't wait to visit this year, dreams granted or not. I feel like a kid again, sooooo excited for the magic to come. . .

mickeylover1901
08-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Anyone heard about the so called "Dream Team/Squad"? Apparently they are the 13 cast memebers responsible for giving out the goodies to the winners.

Carowinds 73-03
08-30-2006, 01:46 AM
I have not heard anything about a Dream Team Squad yet. 13 select cast members don't make dreams come true...... We all do.

DisneyFreak33
08-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Anyone heard about the so called "Dream Team/Squad"? Apparently they are the 13 cast memebers responsible for giving out the goodies to the winners.

I have heard about the 13 CM's, they will be given a schedule of when and where to suprise guests with prizes and the granting of dreams. Tomorrow is the last day to enter for the prize package, if you havn't yet register on mydisneyparks.com!!!!

mickeylover1901
08-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey everyone.... Tomorrow is the last day to register to win the grand prize!

I love DW
08-30-2006, 08:48 PM
That would be awesome to be apart of the 13 cast member team. You would be like the most loved person ever at the parks. Well I take that back they still may love Mickey a little bit more. lol

katylady33
08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I just went on mydisneyparks.com and I don't know why I've never noticed before but there are two places to enter your email address. . . I don't know if it effects anything but I figure it can't hurt my chances :)

mickeylover1901
08-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Oh my Gosh.... today is the last day to register for the grand prize! Get everyone you know to register, before it is to late!!!

DisneyFreak33
09-01-2006, 04:21 PM
I just went on mydisneyparks.com and I don't know why I've never noticed before but there are two places to enter your email address. . . I don't know if it effects anything but I figure it can't hurt my chances :)

Where are the two places to enter your email????

mickeylover1901
09-01-2006, 04:28 PM

I have heard about the 13 CM's, they will be given a schedule of when and where to suprise guests with prizes and the granting of dreams. Tomorrow is the last day to enter for the prize package, if you havn't yet register on mydisneyparks.com!!!!

Some new rumors...I heard that no one will actually be getting their personal dreams granted. There is just a list of prizes that will be given out (small and large) by the the "Dream Squad" to people that happen to be in the right place at the right time. It's gonna be a little different than what we thought but still great!

BGWfanatic
09-01-2006, 10:44 PM
^ actually, thats what we thought all along... did you misread? or did you just not bother to read...

katylady33
09-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Where are the two places to enter your email????

They are under the Overview and Sweepstakes sections. . . has anyone heard anything??? Today is supposedly the day they will be contacting the winner via email!!!!!

DisneyFreak33
09-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I guess since I havn't got an email I didn't win :( Oh well, I'm visiting DL in Jan. and it will be magical as usual.

mickeylover1901
09-06-2006, 09:04 PM
It says in the sweepstake rules that they are going to try to contact the winner 3 or 4 times. If they don’t reply, then they are going to move on the next lucky person. So we still have a chance!

katylady33
09-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I just found out that at the bottom of the rules in very small print, it says that the winner must send in a self addressed envelope in order to collect the prize package. How many of you saw that???

I love DW
09-07-2006, 08:56 PM
^I didn't see it but that's stupid. Can't Disney afford 39 cents?

mickeylover1901
09-08-2006, 06:28 PM
apparently I didnt win :( Bummer. WINNER...SHOW YOURSELF! haha

trombone
09-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I would like to clarify some things about Disney Dreams Promotion, without saying too much. First thing, it is NOT done on a website, but instead randomly inside the park such as the Magic Kingdom. What will happen is the Dream People, forgot exactly what they are called, will select familys for things such as a Disney Cruise Line all expense paid trip, night in the castle, golden fast passes, and many smaller prizes.

This promotion will be starting sometime in October, with various changes including new name tags for cast members.

Carowinds 73-03
09-13-2006, 04:07 AM
Yes folks, Believe it or not were getting new nametags! I have alot of friends a family coming down between Oct 18th & Jan so hopefully they will get to win something.

DisneyFreak33
09-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Wow, those are some killer prizes...trips around the world? Disney's got it going on. People are complaining about the prizes and I bet they havn't even seen that list.

I love DW
09-25-2006, 06:26 PM
^^I have never complained about the prizes and I haven't heard of anyone yet that has. As far as I know every one that I have heard that has talked about it has loved what some of the prizes they heard are.

Carowinds 73-03
09-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I was compaining earlier that a night in the castle should not be a prize. It's not right to fix it up for guest when Walt himself never got to stay there. I think they should just leave it like it is.

Disney has plenty of money to give away something else besides a night in the castle.

BGWfanatic
09-26-2006, 05:07 PM
leave it like it is? you mean a empty room used by the telephone company? Like I said before, I think if Walt could not use it himself, then his next choice would have been his guest, to make there dreams come true.

I love DW
09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
^Actually I don't think the Disney telephone operaters use it any more. I beleive it is just empty, but not exactly sure.

And I agree I think if Walt couldn't use it he would want his guest to use it.

Carowinds 73-03
09-27-2006, 11:47 PM
I don't know if he would. If he were here to use it then guest would not be able to. I doubt walt said he would like for guest to have a chance to stay the night.

There's just some Disney secrets that should stay secret. I think it kinda ruins the magic.

BGWfanatic
09-28-2006, 06:38 PM
^ Well, also like I said before, He never used it. Hech, it was never finished... so what secret is it revealing?
I mean technically this is the first time a finished apartment has been up there... soooo they only secret was there was a big unfished space in the castle used by phone companys.
And a pretty good amount of people in even the gp new about the apartment that was suppose to be, all they have to do is watch any of the 20 shows about disney/magic kingdom.

And also like I said before, the apartment he did use, the one in disneyland, is not being used. Hech, they dont even allow any visitors into it. I think thats the big difference here, he never used it. The one he did use is getting all the proper respect it should get.