PDA

View Full Version : Top Thrill Dragster vs. Kingda Ka

razor12
09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
In your opinion, which coaster is better? Does height win? or smoothness? So which one do you think is more thrilling or just a better ride?

Top Thrill Dragster - vs - Kingda Ka

Martin
09-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Some say TTD is better because it has more of a pop right away on the launch and that it is smoother, but of course KK is taller and faster.

And for all the people that are just going to say that KK is a copy, if Six Flags wanted the record for speed and height using the accelerator coaster, what other way would they get it to that height? They had to use TTD's tower design.

So if KK is just a bigger TTD with a bunny hill, then TTD is a smaller KK WITHOUT the bunny hill.

ghost007jas
09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Of course you could also say that Wicked Twister is a Souped up V2. It evens out doesnt it?? It is a very biased thing. I dont think that either is better than the other but thats just my opinion.

coaterdude420
09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I have not been on KK, but I have seen videos and such and from the looks of it and hearing what ppl say TTD is better.

Martin
09-04-2006, 10:41 PM
^ How could you say that from watching videos?

Katie
09-04-2006, 10:47 PM
How is this thread relevant at all? Seriously its the same ride except 30 feet height difference and OTSR's. I just don't see the point in versus' threads. All they turn out in is flame wars and ridiculous arguements.

Martin
09-04-2006, 10:55 PM
^ So when that happens, you can close the thread.

Differences:
36 feet
8 miles per hour
OSTR's that don't touch most riders except for the lap part
Bunny Hill

Emann
09-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I haven't been on KK, but I have riden TTD (ironically I live closer to six flags) and boy it's intense. I remember people saying that the launch on Kingda Ka is weaker than TTD, but TTD seems more intense because of the initial burst of acceleration. What other people doesn't change my perspective, but right now I think Kingda Ka is the better ride with all the extra elements+height and speed.

Martin
09-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Well Kingda Ka's launch really has a kick at the end when it is doing a pulse launch. A pulse launch meaning that when the train is launch you can feel different pulses as the train accelerates. However, the best launch to get is a one big tug on KK. That launch has a pop of acceleration in the beginning that takes your breath away.

Marc
09-05-2006, 08:09 AM
ECC rode Kingda Ka then Top Thrill Dragster pretty much back to back earlier this season. Everyone who stated an opinion between the two perfered Top Thrill Dragster over Kingda Ka.

Martin
09-05-2006, 09:18 AM
All that really matters to me is that the tallest and faster roller coaster is at my home park which it is. Not as good as TTD or not, I still think KK provides a great ride.

Leo C
09-05-2006, 09:28 AM
I appreciate the Ka more. There's really nothing to substantiate a big difference between the two coasters, both are pretty good.

stevetothekizzo
09-05-2006, 10:22 AM
TTD is better. Lap bars make all the difference. The bunny hill isn't that great. When riding I can't tell the difference between height and speed.

Martin
09-05-2006, 12:49 PM
I really don't see the big deal about the OSTRs. They don't even touch your body and it turns out to be more of a big lap bar. They also do not prevent the ability for putting your hands up.

Kbangbang
09-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I haven't been on either...but I have a friend who has been on both and likes TTD better but then I have one that likes KK better...so yeah.

Nitro1118
09-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I prefer TTD. It always gives a very intense launch, better view from top, far smoother, and lap bars.

Joseph
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I prefered Ka for the better launch. I have to admit I'm not a fan of the Intamin restraints though, but at least they didn't become an issue at any time on Ka (unlike Storm Runner, which I still like best regardless of the nasty whiplash)

Also, of note, it ranked slightly higher in Mitch's poll.