PDA

View Full Version : Tibidabo

Skye
09-12-2006, 06:06 PM
This ride doesn't look that amazing from the layout, but the park is situated about 1000ft high on the side of a mountain looking over Barcelona.

I went to the viewing area/church a few years ago (didn't actually go into the park though) and the park has potential for some amazing terrain rides. It suffers a bit though because it takes time to get there from the city because you have to get the metro then cable car then a mountain railway train thing.

Layout:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3596.htm

The park (the park is to the right of the church)

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/fcbarcelona/images/Tibidabo.jpg

And:

http://www.ivanweb.net/images/Mondo/Barcellona/B_320_Tibidabo.jpg

SFKK GUY
09-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Looks amazing, but it won't be for long...it's Vekoma.

Matt M
09-12-2006, 06:51 PM
If you knew a damn thing about roller coasters you'd know that the new track style and track shaping they've been using is very good compared what they've done in the past.

sfft_2108
09-12-2006, 08:24 PM
What is the last picture? One of the rides there? That layout looks pretty cool to me.

James
09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Cant wait to ride it in June :D

Skye
09-12-2006, 08:38 PM
What is the last picture? One of the rides there? That layout looks pretty cool to me.

Just an old wildcat type thing........not very interesting. Not sure if the new ride is replacing it or not. Below that, not visible in the picture, is a Log flume that follows the terrain.

If this has booster bike type cars (even though it has a hill lift) it'll be an ok coaster.

Bruns
09-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Looks like this ride is going to rely on location location location. This would likely be kiddie stuff anywhere but on the side of a mountain. Also, Matt, making snide remarks about another persons lack of knowledge in the realm of roller coasters is the final step into nerd-dom. No coming back for you. Hee hee, snort snort (pushes up glasses).

willski2002
09-12-2006, 09:20 PM
If you knew a damn thing about roller coasters you'd know that the new track style and track shaping theyve been using is very good compared what they've done in the past.

Agreed. They've done wonders with the Motorbike and EE style tracks, full heartlining and everything. If this coaster is either of those (which it appears to be based on the animation), it will be really smooth (and pretty thrilling).

steel
09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
If you knew a damn thing about roller coasters you'd know that the new track style and track shaping they've been using is very good compared what they've done in the past.

Woah, harsh. Not everyone knows everything about coasters.

I think that layout looks good for a park that size. I'd like to try it out some time.

bk2004
09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Cant wait to ride it in June :D

BLAH!!

---
Looks fun! But I can't even follow that layout...

sfft_2108
09-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Agreed. They've done wonders with the Motorbike and EE style tracks, full heartlining and everything. If this coaster is either of those (which it appears to be based on the animation), it will be really smooth (and pretty thrilling).
Yah, It looks to be smooth and thrilling with the terrain.

Worm
09-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Wonder if it will have any theming?

Skye
09-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Probably not much.

Barcelona has huge potential for the park if they had better access and investment. As it is though, it is quicker to get to Port Adventura 60miles to the south than tibidabo from central Barcelona. The amount of tourists that place gets in the summer........any park should be making huge amounts.

SFKK GUY
09-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Well Matt I have had no experience with the new Vekoma tracking so why should I claim something I know nothing about? I hav however ridden a Vekoma or two and will go with Vekoma's past before I go with their future. Also whose to say those won't get bumby too...their not exactly aged yet...

Oh Matt I see you got banned...oh dear.

magnumxl2005
09-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Will this be the same track type as EE? If so this ride will be pretty smooth, those who have ridden expedition everest will know what I mean.

Skye
09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
It should be smooth enough, it only looks like a moderately intense ride anyway.

medusa548
09-17-2006, 07:56 PM
"Banned" is Matt's group on the forums, I think.

I've been on two boomerangs, an slc, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest. Everest was whole lot better, there was obviously the heartlining method used on it and whereas RNRC had some light roughness (light) Everest had none, though I've only been on Vekoma's compact rides before I went on Everest.

TimberWolfe
09-17-2006, 08:32 PM
OMG, everybody talks about how rough vekomas are I am so sick of it. seriously, are you that weak thatt you can't take a little head banging! I have been on a few vekomas they are not as bad as you all make them out to be! so please stop it!

Skye
09-18-2006, 07:54 PM
To be fair, some of the older rides justify their reputation. Just go on Goudrix and your'll see why.

Leo C
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
This terrain mine train that's been delayed looks great on the Vekoma site. Other sites bring up it's progress. It's what I envisioned a modern day SFMM Gold Rusher coaster would look like and how it would flow.

This coaster could probably top Grover's Vapor Trail for me.

LuvChyld79
09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
The animation makes it look better than I originally thought. Love how it stays close to the ground and flies through the trees. Of the new Vekoma track style, I've only been on Expedition Everest, and I can say they've made great strides to improve their track systems.

James
09-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I hope the best for Tibby, its such a great odd park.. If I ever get the chance to go back to Barcelona, I'd take the funicular back to the park in a heartbeat.

Leo C
12-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow, I just saw a POV on the 'Tube of this coaster finally running. It does look better than the Grover's Vapor Trail at Sesame Place. It's a modern day SFMM Goldrusher mine train. I'd love this ride if I had it on a mountain. The most impressive part for me was the transitions near the front of the ride. Muntanya Russa I think is the name of the coaster. Copy and paste the name.