PDA

View Full Version : Universal Orlando 2007?

razor12
09-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I think this has been discussed, but has been deleted. What do you think is coming in 2007? Is it a big thrill, or nothing? There have been rumours floating around. What would you want in 2007? Which park do you think it would come to, Universal Studios OR Islands of Adventure? :)

Ryan F
09-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Well, Back to the Future is on it's way out and there's rumours the replacement will be a Simpson's themed ride in time for the movie.

I can see the ride either being a wild bus ride with Otto or maybe even in the car with Homer on his way home from work (opening sequence)

razor12
10-04-2006, 10:18 PM
That really sucks, I loved Back To The Future. They should of just updated the simulator, or the video. Make it more modern. Or just redo a ride, but still keep it a Back To The Future theme. Like make the simulators flip or something. Just update the sequence and the CGI Animation.

A Simpson theme wouldn't be as good, in my opinion. Many of my friends and family dislike the simpsons. It also ISN'T A CLASSIC! I got kind of mad when they took out Hanna Barbara for Jimmy Neutron, even though I finally rode it and it was pretty fun.

SFKK GUY
10-04-2006, 10:24 PM
The Simpsons idea sounds cool. But if it was just the opening sequence it wouldn't be very long...

BGWfanatic
10-04-2006, 10:40 PM
A Simpson theme wouldn't be as good, in my opinion. Many of my friends and family dislike the simpsons. It also ISN'T A CLASSIC!

I completely agree with you that the simpsons theme wont be as good as BTTF, but, I also completely disagree that the Simpsons is not a classic. It most certainly is, I rarely ever watch it, but, its on what, like its 15th season or something crazy like that. It pretty much created the adult cartoon genre... without the simpsons you never would have seen shows like Family Guy, American dad, South Park, etc. So in my book it is deffinately a classic, because it changed telivision, just like all the other "classics".

Worm
10-09-2006, 01:20 PM
yeah i would LOVE a simpsons ride! and btw, simpsons is DEFINATLY a classis... I haven't even seen back to the future...

coastrfreak2000
10-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I think Simpsons wouldn't be good for Universal. I know many parents wont allow their children to watch shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy, so having a Simpsons attraction may cause some families to look negatively at Universal and choose Disney instead. Of course this is just my opinion.

Worm
10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
yeah but the market lies in the teens and adults... not so much in the children. Plus if the children complain they can ride the Ithchy and Scrathcy ride!! lol!

slipknot8527
10-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I have to say, that Back to the Future was the absolute worst ride at USF. I mean, I couldn't even tell what was going on.

Raptor
10-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Biff stole the Delorian Time Machine, so you were going through time on a remote controlled Delorian Time Machine by Doc trying to bump Biff's Delorian so send both of you back to present time to the lab. Great Scott!!

Honestly the ride was cool back when I first rode it in 1994. They've come such a long way since then... even Star Tours, which came before BTTF, is still slightly more impressive. Now you only go 9 years into the future in the beginning of the ride... and most of the visuals are pretty pathetic.

As a Simpsons fan, even though I haven't liked the new episodes for years, I would love a Simpsons themed ride. Like Worm said, Universal's demographic lies more in teens and young adults, so it would fit well. Plus, it would obviously have a story and content acceptable to everyone, even people who don't watch the show. Still, I don't really see it happening seeing as The Simpsons and Fox are not related to Universal in any way.

Bencerisback
10-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I have to say, that Back to the Future was the absolute worst ride at USF. I mean, I couldn't even tell what was going on.

That...
Plus its a weak simulator that has crappy movement. Hopefully if its the Simpsons, it isnt just one huge screen with 20 different cars in the same room, watching the same screen, all at one time...and hopefully it will have better, more extreme movements like other simulators

a Simpsons fan, even though I haven't liked the new episodes for years,
Try watching the new episodes on sundays, they have gotten much better than in recent years.

Leo C
10-10-2006, 04:46 PM
When I rode Back to the Future this year I couldn't make out the audio as well as I rode it the first time and understood it.

Michael C
10-14-2006, 03:22 PM
BTTF is coming out. Expect Simpson's ride. you will see Little bits of other Universal movies mocked in the production like Terminator..

also Blue man Group is coming along with some sort of Dora the Explorer attraction.

slipknot8527
10-14-2006, 04:14 PM
No, I understood the story of BTTF, but I just couldnt grasp where we were....all I remember is hitting my head on the side of the car a lot, and we were flying through a volcano, and looking up and back and noticing the 15 other Deloreans.

razor12
10-14-2006, 08:11 PM

I disagree. I thought "Earthquake" was the worst ride. It was cool that they did the pre-show thing, but what does that have to do with the ride. It got tiring just watching that pre-show. It was like 2 attractions in one, which took up a lot of time. The effects on Earthquake were somewhat outdated. It is worth a try. But the second time you notice it is somewhat boring.

Yes, I do agree Back To The Future was very outdated. But it was still fun. In my opinion, they should of just updated the CGI/movie and the simulator sequence.

Michael C
10-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I haven't been to Universal of IOA. BTTF was one of the rides that intrigued me and I wanted to see. I will ride the Simpson's Sim but It's not going to be much of a draw for me.

BGWfanatic
10-15-2006, 12:18 AM
I disagree. I thought "Earthquake" was the worst ride. It was cool that they did the pre-show thing, but what does that have to do with the ride. It got tiring just watching that pre-show. It was like 2 attractions in one, which took up a lot of time. The effects on Earthquake were somewhat outdated. It is worth a try. But the second time you notice it is somewhat boring.

Agreed, I'd much rather see Earthquake go than BTTF. Earthquake did nothing for me.

Ryan F
10-15-2006, 12:54 AM
The pre-show was to show guests how special effects in the movies work. The ride is pretty much putting you in the movie Earthquake and giving you an up close experience of working special effects.
Plus, it killed time while the train ahead of you was in motion.
Would you rather wait and stand in line doing nothing; or, see a little show, sit down and have a chance of being picked to do something?

BGWfanatic
10-15-2006, 03:32 PM
^ Well what bothered me was we were there on a day the park was empty, the ride was a walk on, and we wanted to do it real quick, instead we got caught in a long an (IMO) pretty boring preshow. If the lines were huge, then yeah it would have been nice. But even the "ride" itself didnt do much for me...