PDA

View Full Version : A rumour ???

cannonballer
10-13-2006, 02:12 AM
So the jungle jim thread is stupid BUT IT IS a rumour. SO why close it? I am about to stop coming to thrill network altogether bacause it is starting to become ran like a dictatorship. Thats my rumour.

Joseph
10-13-2006, 02:36 AM
There was no substance to it - I mean, he took a photo from Baja and passed it off as construction. Yea, it was construction alright.. of a deck or a sidewalk or something. It's about as absurd as me taking a photo of Kingda Ka's track laying in the G-Adv parking lot in Fall 04 and posting it saying Lake Winnie was getting an Intamin hyper...

That topic had NO potential to be anything short of pointless. Might as well lay it down peacefully.

Ryan F
10-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Cannonballer,
Think about it logically. He posted that a grocery store was going to build a multi-million dollar rollercoaster. The thread was pure spam and his idea of a "joke."
Even if you didnt see the word Baja in the link, then you could've seen by the picture itself that it looked nothing like Ohio. The picture had dirt roads (he said it was in the parking lot..parking lots are usually paved at giant grocery stores) and there were palm trees in the background (since when did Ohio have a climate for palm trees?). Nobody could've believed that thread, rumour or not.

No need to get all upset about the thread being closed, it was just a stupid prank; as a 32yr old, you should have been able to see that. And if you think that this site is starting to look like a dictatorship, then why even bother coming?

Steven
10-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm moving this to Gen. Questions.

As far as calling us dictators... do as you must. I've said I have always had an open door policy, so if you have gripes about anything on this site, come to me. But, from what I see, there were several members questioning the whole thing to begin with, even a couple asking for it to be closed. So, it was closed.

Also, I defer many of my other notes to what WildeFyre posted.

A couple of years back, we had a forum where stuff like that could be posted... Funnies and Spoofs. Unfortunately, it brought about enless spamming and a drop in the site's quality. With that, traffic to the site dropped. So, we had to take it down. Also, I suggest trying to post the same thing on other websites and see how it's treated. I'm willing to bet the ones that will allow it have next to no moderation, and have only a few people around.

So, if you want to discuss it further with me, my contact information is pubicly available.

Brian F
10-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Cannonballer, I hope you rethink the idea of leaving. The site is better with you here.

That said, the ridiculous stuff really doesn't belong. As for us being dictatorial, I'd like to point out that the terms of service address the issues you've seen lately. It really shouldn't be a surprise.

As with Steven, I am always willing to discuss with anyone any actions I take as moderator. And if you have any issues with me, don't ever hesitate to take it up with me.

I love DW
10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
^Yes Brian F is good about talking too you before he takes action like other moderators on the site.

So please rethink the idea of leaving.