PDA

View Full Version : Celebration City Concept Surveys

SuperSteve
10-21-2006, 10:08 PM
So today I checked my e-mail, something I have neglected to do for about a month now, and in it I found an e-mail from SDC that was titled "Celebration City Concept Survey' or something like that. I opened it and clicked on the link to the survey, but it was too late, I got a message that it had already been taken down. That's what I get...

Anyway, did anyone else get this? and if so, what were the concepts?

SuperSteve
11-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Sorry to double post, but I have some new news. Today, I recieved some advertisements from the Hershend's Branson amusements, and in the section about CC, they mentioned, "New Rides, New Shows, and New Special Events!"

Hmmm, so they will get something along the lines of a thrill ride, but they declined to say anything further.
Seems like they would spring for something small at this point, probably family oriented, as that is how they've been trying to stear the park, plus they haven't been getting that much attention/crowds lately.

Zingoman
11-10-2006, 07:20 PM
CC has idled slightly in the last couple seasons. I've been waiting for something new over there.

I love DW
11-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Well I'm glad to see that Herschend's are really putting the money into the parks for next year. (Silver Dollar City $7 mil., Celebration City $? mil., Dollywood - $17.5 mil. And then Dollywood's Splash Country $2.75) That's alot of money Herschends are spending to expand there parks. Which is good and I'm glad to see Celebration City get something new. Who know this addition may be the starting point of a bigger plan they have for the park.

SuperSteve
11-11-2006, 08:08 PM
^Yeah, and that's not to mention the new slides at White Water.

Hmmm, but with all that in mind, it makes me think even more that CC won't get anything good this year, but I could be wrong. I just don't see them getting a big/mid sized huss ride or anything along those lines this year, it would have already been announced.

Maybe they'll go shopping for cheap flats at IAAPA this year.

I love DW
11-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I don't know but it seems like Branson is always releasing what there adding pretty late. Waiting till October and November seems late when Dollywood and Splash Country do it in July and August. I'm hoping though that it will be really good ride(s) but I looked at the Season Pass page on Silver Dollar City's site and all it says is:

Celebrate the summer at Celebration City with NEW shows and the Midwest's Largest Laser Show & Fireworks Spectacular!So to me it doesn't sound like Celebration will be getting any rides just shows. But that may change when the offically announce it. I hope:D

sfgam2006
11-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I think they should add a small looper where they do their fireworks display although a small collection of flats wouldn't be bad either.

I also think they should open the park earlier because 3PM is just a weird opening time. Maybe like 12 or even 1.

I love DW
11-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah but if they open up to much earlier they will start taking away from Silver Dollar City crowds. Because alot of people can hit Silver Dollar City in the morning to afternoon and Celebration City late afternoon to night. But it would probably help if they were open longer. But for as small as the park is seven hours is quit a bit.

SuperSteve
11-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I think they need to just stay open later in the night. I was outraged when they cut the hours back to 10:00, I mean, it's a night park, so it should stay open till at least 11 or so.

Wow, they really do need a new coaster though, almost any looper would do. Maybe they'll go with a cheap ameri-fighter or something.