PDA

View Full Version : SW5

slipknot8527
05-06-2001, 01:54 AM
Over in England at Alton Towers B&M is building their idea of a flying coaster. We can all safetly say that it will blow the Stealth clones out of the water just because it's B&M...they revolutionize everything. Also...when will a vertical ride like Oblivion ever hit the states? I want one!

slipknot8527
05-06-2001, 02:40 AM
anyone know anything?

Medusa1861
05-06-2001, 10:40 AM
no
<BR>but wasn't there a rumour that cedar point might get a verticle

Medusa1861
04-22-2002, 09:47 PM
I hink i cannow ay that it did ot blo way stelth clones..
: )
Very very old topic!!
: )

Rider
04-23-2002, 02:19 PM
You could have waited a few more days and had a full year pass.

Skye
04-23-2002, 03:59 PM
shouldn't this be in worldwide? theres a g5 article there also.

slipknot8527
04-23-2002, 11:31 PM
Oh jeez! How old is this thread? I believe this is one of the original ones I started.....

but on topic, I finally saw pics of that Gw5 or whatever...it blew me away! Does it have any inversions?! I think the paint scheme is by far the greatest yet.

Chip
04-24-2002, 01:00 AM
They're talking about Alton Towers' SW5 (Secret Weapon 5) which ended up being AIR. You know, the flying coaster by B&M as predicted in the first post. They're not talking about the B&M dive machine called G5. This should be either locked (unless a discussion can happen) or moved to World-Wide coasters soon.

Goliath
04-24-2002, 09:23 PM
i read some review somewhere from a guys personal site saying he thought stealth was way better than air. the guy has to be an idiot, i haven't ridden air, but i have ridden stealth, if b&m produced a coaster worse than that, im deeply disappointed in them, but I dont think that that would ever happen since b&m is 10 times better than vekoma.

Hector
04-25-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Goliath
i read some review somewhere from a guys personal site saying he thought stealth was way better than air. the guy has to be an idiot, i haven't ridden air, but i have ridden stealth, if b&m produced a coaster worse than that, im deeply disappointed in them, but I dont think that that would ever happen since b&m is 10 times better than vekoma.

O.K. so many wrong doings in that post. First of all that's an opinion, get over it. The person is not an idiot, you are just ignorant to the fact that everyone, everywhere doesn't absolutly love B&M. Vekoma can make a great coasters and I enjoy all of them as much as ANY B&M (even the boomerangs and SLC's). I loved Stealth and from what I've heard about AIR I would rather have the Vekoma (no I'm not saying AIR is bad, just more family orientated).

Last I heard B&M heavily marketed it at the last IAAPA but i think the allure of it is gone. They waited to long and now parks really don't want it. There are more intriging things out there now. I also think Nauta-Bussink has a better chance in states then B&M since they are a lot cheaper and basically gives the same ride.

BimmerZ3
04-25-2002, 07:47 AM
Superman ultimate flight kicks ass. i have heard that AIR is on the boring side, but it's still i Beema!!!

intamin101
04-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Well, AIR was their first flyer, and it is really geared towards families. Superman looks amazing though.

astrosgp
04-25-2002, 07:22 PM
slipknot, kinda funny how you inquire about SW5 a year ago, and then get a B&M Flyer at your home park the next. Let's see...what is this Intamin hyper coaster at SFOG next year???;)

beltzies64
04-26-2002, 04:10 PM
There is simply no way that a Vekoma could be better than a Beemer. It isn't possible :D

medusa7787
04-26-2002, 06:10 PM
wwell gouderix and ninja are better then kumba and medusa arent they?

and i hear vekoma flyers are more intense, and they have a loop, which b&m flyers lack

astrosgp
04-26-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by medusa7787
wwell gouderix and ninja are better then kumba and medusa arent they?

and i hear vekoma flyers are more intense, and they have a loop, which b&m flyers lack

Please tell me you're kidding... Ninja better than Kumba??? HA!

coasterguy1
04-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Right now, I think that Stealth is looking like the best flying coaster out there, despite it being Vekoma. The B&M coasters are more terrain coasters, which isnt bad, but they dont do as many things. And I dont mean the near clones of Stealt. I mean the real Stealth. I think the Corkscrews are probably better than the in line twists. I havent been on one, and I probably wont get on one for a while. But I dont know whether Im going to a distant park next year or not...

may the FORCE be with you
04-27-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by coasterguy1
Right now, I think that Stealth is looking like the best flying coaster out there, despite it being Vekoma. The B&M coasters are more terrain coasters, which isnt bad, but they dont do as many things. And I dont mean the near clones of Stealt. I mean the real Stealth. I think the Corkscrews are probably better than the in line twists. I havent been on one, and I probably wont get on one for a while. But I dont know whether Im going to a distant park next year or not... sorry but I'd say Superman looks the best, maybe Stealth is better but the B&Ms look better to me.