PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious SFOT MR. FREEZE painting

Leo C
12-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Traces of red track and darker blue supports now on MR. FREEZE? I'm quite furious if they're just copying the idea of Superman Escape in Australia and retheme the ride possibly to that. Batman & Robin trains maybe for another CHILLER?
http://www.screamscape.com/html/sfot_-_mr_freeze_0.htm

I saw FREEZE in person and understand that it needs a repaint. The new colors just don't work though. It's the most coveted of the Premiers I wanted to ride but due to the wheel adjustments and closures last year I was not able to ride it.

So what's next? Riddler's Revenge in orange and yellow?

Ryan F
12-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Did they get a promoter/advertiser for the ride? Maybe now it's sponsored by Pepsi and requested a paint change.
I could see SF doing stuff like that for whatever money it would bring in.

Leo C
12-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Six Flags is Coke territory. Now if it was the Miller High Life coaster I wouldn't mind as much.

rich12_16
12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
It's probally going to take on a superhero's name.

Coasterholic
12-24-2006, 06:21 AM
What other superhero you have in mind? It's in Gotham City. Heh. They should have stuck with the "Mr. Freeze Blues" they had. Just a new coat.

steel
12-24-2006, 09:46 AM
If I'm right, the ride itself doesn't signify Mr. Freeze, it signifies a machine he has. Therefore, it really doesn't matter what color it is, as long as his factory (or whatever the station is supposed to be) stays the way it is.

This paint could look really cool if they play it up as rust.

Leo C
12-24-2006, 01:49 PM
It's times like this then that I wish someone had the Mr. Freeze postcard to tell us the story of this coaster. I have the Batman & Robin: The CHILLER postcard. It would probably more confusing than the Mr. Freeze story. With CHILLER the station is themed as a Electro Generation facility. The extreme heat pipes on the outside of the building are towards the rear of the station, the chilled air towards the coaster launch tubes. To escape Mr. Freeze guests are to take Batman or Robin. Each train blasts through Mr. Freeze's observatory as they take the routes to escape.

Will the blue and red be excused as working with the Mr. Freeze theme because by riding the coaster guests would be escaping Mr. Freeze's cold clutches in the Snowy's or Frosty's Cones hideout to just reheat and thaw on the inverting course that leads to the spike? Is this the battle between heat (red) and chilling (blue) or a reference to Batman and Robin leading the guests to victory from Freeze's capture?

steel
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I was at SFOT on Saturday. Freeze just doesn't really look right. I mean it looks nice and new and everything, but the colors just don't quite click. There is no change in theming either. The track inside the tunnel and station is still blue. It's weird.

Wes
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
That is strange. It looks like Batman & Robin

Ryan F
03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Maybe the new theme is batman and robin escaping Mr. Freeze's lair?

Chris L
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Uh. Some of you guys are reading way too much into the new colors. It's just a paint job to make the ride look spiffier. The theme is staying. The name is staying.

James R
03-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I was at the park this past weekend as well, and it's somewhat amusing; the track in the station reminds the icy/frosty blue color, while the track outside the station is the stark red...

But I agree with Chris. I doubt a name change will happen any time soon. Why would you have two Batman themed rides directly next to each other?

Jerry S
03-20-2007, 05:49 PM
SFGAdv has the Chiller right by Batman: The Ride.
SFA has Jokers Jinx sortof close to Batwing, and Two Face is also in the patrk
SFMM Has Batman: The Ride next to Riddler's Revenge.

Leo C
03-20-2007, 06:53 PM
It does sound more of a CHILLER story with the Batman and Robin escape from Mr. Freeze. I guess this is just tying in the two heroes. I still prefer the icy blue.

James R
03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
SFGAdv has the Chiller right by Batman: The Ride.
SFA has Jokers Jinx sortof close to Batwing, and Two Face is also in the patrk
SFMM Has Batman: The Ride next to Riddler's Revenge.

I was speaking on the idea that it 'could' become a Batman and Robin ride. Haha, I know Mr. Freeze is a Batman related theming... I saw Arnold throw it down in that movie...

sfft_2108
03-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Its name wont change ever. I like the new colors better though.

Leo C
03-20-2007, 11:43 PM
There's a great (Arnold) Mr. FREEZE outtake on the 'Tube for the zillion times he talks about freezing.