PDA

View Full Version : Geauga Lake 2007

coasterell
01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I am putting this here since it is a rumor.

Today I was talking to someone who is a seasonal employee at Geauga Lake, and I was told that the rides on the Wildwater Kingdom Side of the park are moving up to the area that X-Flight used to occupy, and that the Geauga Lake Hotel will be moved over to the land that those rides used to occupy.

I've also heard another take on what X-flight's land will be used for. Some more Pavillions.

My take on the situation is that the rides will be moving into the area formerly occupied by the waterpark, the Mr. Hydes/X-Flight area will house some dandy pavillions, and the hotel will be moved.

Kennywooddude
01-01-2007, 09:34 PM
The land where X-Flight occupied will be turned into a parking lot.

coastrfreak2000
01-01-2007, 10:04 PM
My take on the situation is that the rides will be moving into the area formerly occupied by the waterpark, the Mr. Hydes/X-Flight area will house some dandy pavillions, and the hotel will be moved.

This sounds very farfetched and it probably isnt in Cedar Fair's budget for the 2007 season.

Michael C
01-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Why would they create more parking space. they have more then enough. Moving the rides makes sense. Moving a hotel doesn't. also if you were goignto relocate or build a hotel you'd be better off building it on the water park side were you don't need all the parking you have. Not to mention the fact you can see the park but be away from the noise.

Kennywooddude
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
The moving of the parking lot isn't to really expand it. It's more of making access to the park easier and getting rid of eye sores(yes, XFLight was a pretty ugly eye sore). Also, there are way more places to put flats, like the dead 50's Midway which hasn't had any decent TLC since the early six flags era.