PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Mountain Adventure

CoasterKid_2006
07-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Press Release: Officials in Nashville have approved plans for B&B Entertainment to build a multimillion dollar theme park in the foot hills of the Smokey Mountains near the Tennessee/North Carolina border. Smokey Mountain Adventure, the name of the theme park, will cost an estimated $450 million dollars. The park is said to be home to many “One-of-a-Kind” ride experiences. The park plans to open with six (6) flat rides, and three (3) roller coasters.
Ride names and descriptions are as followed:

Roller Coasters

Timber: A GCI wooden coaster. This wooded marvel will start out by taking you through an old forgotten log mill. Watch your heads as you dive 40 feet through the floor of the mill, nearly missing one of the saw blades.

Ripsaw: A B&M Twisted Terrain Hyper. This steal wonder will start by falling out of the station and strait into the mountain, followed shortly by a chain lift, carrying you up 250ft. before plunging of the edge strait back into the timber of the maintain. Beware of the cave as well, it’s rumored to be home to an angry black bear.

Eagle: A B&M Flying coaster. Take flight on the wings on the Eagle. This soaring adventure starts off by climbing 150 ft. up into the mountain, followed by a dive strait off the mountain. You will soar through the forest below, fly up and over a waterfall and back again to dive with in 15 feet of the water. This coaster is also the first coaster to house to the worlds only barrel roll station fly through.

Flats

Swingin’ Saw: A Huss Giant Frisbee. Sit in one of the 50 teeth (seats) and hang on tight. Not only does this ride swing back and fourth, it also spins, all at the same time!

The Forest Carousel: A traditional carousel situated in the middle of the forest.

Tree Top Swinger: A traditional wave swing.

Tea Party: Sit in one of the tea cups and spin yourself on a dizzy ride.

Mine Drop: The old mine shaft is up and operational. Even though this old mine shaft is rumored to be haunted with the ghost of miners, officials still decided to open it. However, the ghost have been said to be toying around with the cables that bring the elevator up and down.

Crazy Log: Huss Top Spin. Take a seat in side this “log” that is being tested on one of grand pappy’s new loggin’ contraptions which, of course, has gone amiss!

The park is said to cost an estimated 475 million upon opening.

Smokey Mountain Adventure officials have stated that in the next 5 years they’d like to broaden the park to be home to a white water rafting adventure, and some new flat rides. The park has stated that over the course of the next five year’s they’d like to spend 100 million dollars on the park.

Chairman and CEO of B&B Entertainment, Philip Brown said, “This park is targeted at kids of all ages, be it a child, or the child at heart!”

Smokey Mountain Adventure is set to open in approx. three months.

coasterman1234
07-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Yay 2 B&Ms... B&M is always best :D.

CoasterKid_2006
07-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Here is a teaser of the park. It shows off the roller coasters!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lWks6bBTvWc

coasterman1234
07-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Here's a POV of Timber (the GCI wooden coaster): http://youtube.com/watch?v=60Hyw2gxyD8&mode=related&search=

tntornadox
07-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Timber reminds me of Thunderhead in spots, but the experience is so much different... it is totally out "in the woods", I wish Dollywood hadn't chopped all the trees down around TH, it would have this same out of control feeling... that would be great..

Great park so far, you are doing alot better at RCT3 than I ever will. Good Luck.. I will be watching.

Timbersman
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
That sounds like it's going to be an awesome park. Now I really have to get down their to DW and now SMA.

CoasterKid_2006
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know how to get the scenery to go to 3D? I'd really like to know that way we can avoid the trees attacking us when we ride Timber.

Does anyone know how to make the movies with the flying camera thing? I've tried it, and I get to flustraded and give up. I've watch the Vodhin Tutorial but it didn't help. Please help.