PDA

View Full Version : Great Adventures Next Coaster

SFNJUnderground
05-06-2001, 10:47 AM
What do you think Great Adventures next coaster will be?
<BR>
<BR>My guess is a woodie to replace Rolling Thunder and Viper.<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boardadmin on 2001-07-14 15:39 ]</font>

Amy
05-06-2001, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I agree with the woody guess. We're def. overdue

Medusa1861
05-06-2001, 11:39 AM
no, rolling thunder and viper shoud stay just build in back of viper you've seen how much room is there, they could build a deja vu,or an upside down coaster for kids who aren' 54 inches fo kies 42 inches and up. A wild mouse themed to frontier adventures could fit there,or even beter a B&M verticle.

coaster man098
05-06-2001, 11:46 AM
okay, why would SFNJ take out rolling thunder and viper for a new ride when they have a few hundred acres unused. and anway, taking out 2 coasters for one is bad in this "build as many coasters as you can" time. i think that their next coaster will either be a wood, flying, or 4th dimention.

slayer666
05-06-2001, 01:24 PM
ive heard from reliable sources
<BR>
<BR>FOR 2002 the evolution is being torn down and being replaced with a DEJA VU
<BR>
<BR>FOR 2003 VIPER is being torn down and being replaced witha flying coaster (the fling coaster will be a clone of Six Flags Ohio's X-Flight)

RctXtreme
05-06-2001, 02:20 PM
Ok first of all, Evolution is Staying. Secondly, Rolling thunder is getting new track, not re-tracked, just new wood. Thirdly, Viper is being torn down (official) and Chiller may be, if the LSMs continue to cause problems. Gadv's next coaster will most likely be a Deja Vu or Flying.

Medusa1861
05-06-2001, 02:35 PM
Am I the only onethat hates the Idea of getting clones Almost all the new coasters that six flags parks are getting are clones.
<BR>like Deja Vu
<BR>V2 Virticle Velocity
<BR>x-Flight and or Batwing
<BR>
<BR>The only clones six flags great adventure has are Batman the ride
<BR>and an almost clone Scream Machine
<BR>But all of those clones are far away
<BR>Batwing is too close to clone
<BR>And America has two face which isn't exactly like
<BR>Deja Vu
<BR>Finally
<BR>V2 SFWOA is close but they already have a launched coaster that costs so much. it is odd for their to be 3 launched coaasters (separating the two sides.
<BR>I doubt that they would take down Batman & Robin the chiller it is 2 new they will fix the problem

SixFlagsGreatAdv
05-06-2001, 03:43 PM
Guys last week I reported that SFGAdv will be takeing down Viper and Evaloution. Well guess aging about one of them. Evaloution is STAYING!!!!!!. BUt I am happy to say GOOD BYE VIPER. It will be replaced by a Flying coaster......But they signed a 2 contract coaster. The other caoster does not have any land yet.

SFNJUnderground
05-06-2001, 04:40 PM
Why would Great Adventure sign a 2 coaster deal w/ Vekoma? I just don't see a flying coaster going well in Viper's spot and unless they do some major work on Rolling Thunder I see no reason to keep it.

slayer666
05-06-2001, 05:00 PM
SFNJ needs something really innovative to keep up with the rest of the thrill ride community i think the flying coaster would be great for SFNJ

Rob Ascough
05-07-2001, 11:08 AM
After spending millions of dollars on Nitro (I wouldn't be surprised if it was the most expensive single-track B&M coaster ever constructed), SFGAdv will probably get a clone, if anything at all next year... perhaps a Deja Vu or V2. I really don't see a Flying Dutchman going to the park... if they build a flying coaster within the next few years, I am willing to bet it will be a B&M model in either 2003 or 2004. SFGAdv seems to be first or second to receive a new type of B&M coaster (Batman, Medusa) and I see no reason why they won't be amongst the first to build a B&M flyer.

slayer666
05-07-2001, 03:00 PM
v2 qould be great! i would love to see a v2

Medusa1861
05-08-2001, 07:12 AM
once you go on V2 you will change your mind
<BR>superman Ultimate Escape and it's clones = big disapointment

rockman89
05-28-2001, 01:18 PM
A new design of a flying coaster would be nice.

Yankee Cannonball
05-28-2001, 05:41 PM
I hope that they get a good CCI woodie. Every decent park has at least one good wooden coaster, and all SFGAdv. has is ol' Rolling Thunder.
<BR>
<BR>If SF puts enough effort into this park, it could challenge SFMM for the best coaster collection in the chain. A woodie next year would bring them up to 13, only 2 behind what MM has now.

coastergenius100
05-28-2001, 09:39 PM
Well I feal that the Flying Dutchman, would not be a very good idea, because SFA has one and it's less then 3 hours away. The best bet is to get a new woodie.

slayer666
06-02-2001, 02:11 PM
woodie. woodie is goodie.

CoasterFan4Life
06-04-2001, 09:55 AM
im not sure what i think is next, but i can say there will be no B&M flying coaster.I say this because Alton Towers, who is going to have the first BM flying next year,has the exclusive rights to it till 2004.so forget that.and i doubt deja vu, with all the problems its been having lately.and i hope its not v2/S:UE, soon every SF park is gonna have a clone of it.im hoping for a woodie, but even more then that, I want a B&M verticle drop.I believe other parks will be free to build them next year, and I wouldnt be surprised if GRaDv got the first one in the US.We already have 3 B&M, Medusa was the first floorless.does anyone know if the contract is up between them, or how many more coasters are there gonna be?

murchison1
06-04-2001, 12:55 PM
I am betting on a woodie.
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>A new giant emerges at Six Flags Over Texas of truly "TITAN"ic proportions.<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: murchison1 on 2001-06-04 12:59 ]</font>

quazar
06-04-2001, 05:11 PM
Maybe a woodie to go where viper is. Or possibly even another B&M.

quazar
06-04-2001, 05:27 PM
Maybe a woodie to go where viper is. Or possibly even another B&M.

RollerCoasterer
06-04-2001, 05:47 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-05-06 14:20, RctXtreme wrote:
<BR>...Viper is being torn down (official)...
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>Where did you get this "Official" word?

HolyCow
06-07-2001, 03:09 AM
what idiot put they are gonna tear down viper and put up a woodie. A woddie???? right next to rolling thunder???? Please think b4 you type

HolyCow
06-07-2001, 03:12 AM
SFNJ does not like woodies. They have no interest in them. Everyone who writes about a new wooden coaster is wishful thinking. About B&M, if they do build for SFNJ it will be a stand-up. But it will not be a wooden or a B&M. What will it be....I know but can't let it leak?? I can't wait to be right.

DrachenFire96
06-07-2001, 04:13 AM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-05-06 14:35, Medusa1861 wrote:
<BR>
<BR>Finally
<BR>V2 SFWOA is close but they already have a launched coaster that costs so much. it is odd for their to be 3 launched coaasters (separating the two sides.
<BR>I doubt that they would take down Batman & Robin the chiller it is 2 new they will fix the problem
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>Why doubt 3 launched coasters? PKD in VA has three, granted one is air launched. I am not going to guess what will be next, but knowing Six Flags, it wouldn't surprise me to see a clone of some sort go there.