PDA

View Full Version : Member Award Show!

Zach
07-04-2001, 05:24 PM
Hey, I am kind of stealing this idea from Danimation but we should have an award show. The members get to vote in categories like:
<BR>
<BR>Best Amusemtn Park
<BR>Best steel coaster
<BR>Best wood coaster
<BR>Best Mod
<BR>Most helpful member(non-mod)
<BR>Member you love to hate
<BR>Funniest Member.
<BR>Best Survivor game
<BR>
<BR>I could go on and on. But you see what I'm getting at? This was a stolen idea from Danimation but I am not a member there so I didn't know anything about the members to vote, I would know who to vote for here. It seems like a cool idea to me!
<BR>
<BR>Zach
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>Thrillride! has great forums...........
<BR>
<BR>FOR ME TO POOP ON!
<BR>
<BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brogium on 2001-07-05 02:16 ]</font><BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brogium on 2001-07-05 10:37 ]</font>

Aaron
07-04-2001, 05:36 PM
I have to agree with you here. This seems like a great idea. But aren't most of these topics already being discussed in the poll forum? If we did do this, make at least some of the results, like the best coaster, public. ThrillRide is a pretty major coaster website, and parks might like to hear what we have to say.

beltzies64
07-05-2001, 01:06 AM
Coasterbuzz has end of the year awards like this too. I think that we need them too!

RollerCoasterer
07-05-2001, 01:08 AM
Yeah thats a great idea! I love it! If anyone comes across this topic, post a message and let the mods know you want it. If enough people say something, it might happen. It worked for our little member ranking things, right?

Tom Zeliff
07-05-2001, 04:46 AM
I like the idea too, but I'm not sure that TR has been around long enough to start handing out awards. Maybe at the end of the year after we have a few more months of running these boards under our belts.
<BR>
<BR>-Tom

NITOR
07-05-2001, 03:30 PM
How about they come up with something original instead of taking ideas from other websites? Having an awards show with those topics would be 100% danimation, not 100% Thrillride. I suggest have an awards show or whatever you want to do, but do it differently.

Nosk8er
07-06-2001, 02:24 AM
yeah i think that would be great, besides giving out awards is a good way to get new users

NitroExplodes
07-07-2001, 08:07 AM
Great Idea. I would love to see one, but do it in the off-season like in Nov. or Dec.