PDA

View Full Version : SFA 7-4-01

2 FACE
07-05-2001, 12:01 PM
I AM POSTING THIS TRIP REPORT ON SFA WITH THE INTENT OF SHOWING A FAIR DEPICTION OF A FAST GROWING PARK WHICH SF PALNS TO MAKE ONE OF THE 3 LARGEST SF PARKS IN THE WORLD
<BR>
<BR>RATING SCALE:-5 TO 5
<BR>
<BR>OVERALL PARK RATING:3 (LIKE I SAID THIS IS A FAIR RATING FOR A PARK THAT HAS A GOOD SELECTION OF DIFFERENT COASTERS HAS ITS PROBLEMS AND GROWING VERY FAST)
<BR>
<BR>BREAKDOWN
<BR>
<BR>FOOD:1 (AS WITH MOST PARKS FOOD IS NOT ALL THAT GREAT AND OVERPRICED YET THIER SELECTION IS IMPROVING)
<BR>
<BR>SHOPS:1 (ONLY BECAUSE THERE AREN'T THAT MANY)
<BR>
<BR>(COASTERS)
<BR>
<BR>BATWING:5
<BR>VEKOMA FLYING DUTCHMAN
<BR>
<BR>IF YOU HAVE NOT EXPERINCED A FLYER YOU MUST DO SO IMMEDIATELY WHETHER IT BE BATWING OR X-FLIGHT OR EVEN STEALTH. THE EXPERINECE IS INTENSE, UNIQUE AND JUST UNBELIEVABLE.
<BR>
<BR>SUPERMAN RIDE OF STEEL:4.5
<BR>INTAMIN HYPER
<BR>
<BR>I LOVE INTAMIN HYPERS BECAUSE YOU CAN REALLY FEEL THE SPEED UNLIKE B&M'S. THIS COASTER IS NO EXCEPTION, AIRTIME CITY ESPECIALLY ON THE 3RD HILL, AND THE BUNNY HOPS BEFORE THE DRAMATIC BRAKE RUN INTO THE STATION. THOSE MAGNETIC BRAKES ARE SOMETHING. THE FIRST COULD BE LONGER THOUGH HENCE THE 4.5 INSTEAD OF 5
<BR>
<BR>JOKER'S JINX:2
<BR>PREMIER RIDES LIM LAUNCH
<BR>
<BR>ALL I CAN SAY IS LAP BARS!!!!!!!
<BR>SIX FLAGS HAS SAID THAT THESE LIM LAUNCHERS WILL UNDERGO THE SAME MAKEOVER THAT HAS TURNED PKD'S, AND PKI'S FLIGHT OF FEAR COASTERS INTO GEMS WELL I'M WAITING, HURRY UP THIS COASTER WILL INSTANTLY REGAIN THE POPULARITY IT HAS LOST DUE TO ROUGHNESS. THERE ARE ALSO NOOOO TRIM BRAKES LIKE FoF SO IT WILL BE EVEN BETTER!!!!!
<BR>
<BR>TWO FACE:3
<BR>VEKOMA INVERITGO
<BR>
<BR>THE 2ND BEST VEKOMA CREATION NEXT TO THE FLYERS. I GAVE IT A 3 BECAUSE IT IS SHORT, OTHERWISE THIS RIDE SUPRISINGLY SMOOTH AND INTENSE(GIVEN VEKOMA'S TRACK RECORD AKA MIND ERASER I'LL GET THAT IN A BIT).
<BR>
<BR>MIND ERASER:0
<BR>VEKOMA INVERTED
<BR>
<BR>WORST COASTER IN THE PARK!!!!
<BR>WHY I GAVE IT A 0 INSTEAD OF -2 WELL HONESTLY IT IS INTENSE AND HAS A GOOD LAYOUT BUT IT IS TO DAMN BUMPY ESPECIALLY TOWARD THE END. VEKOMA TRASH!!!!!!
<BR>
<BR>ROAR:4
<BR>GCI WOODEN TWISTER
<BR>
<BR>AWESOME WOODEN COASTER THE BEST I HAVE EVER RIDDEN VERY UNIQUE AND DISTINCT LAYOUT. YES IT IS SIMILAR TO WILDCAT AT HERSHEY BUT ROAR IS JUST BETTER!!!!!! MUCH AIRTIME, MUCH SPEED, NO STRAIGHT TRACK EXCEPT FOR LIFT HILL= #1 TWISTER IN THE WORLD
<BR>
<BR>WILD ONE:4
<BR>OUT AND BACK WOODEN
<BR>
<BR>AWESOME CLASSIC COASTER THAT HAS NOT LOST IT'S KICK. AIRTIME IN THE BACK SEAT IS GREAT.
<BR>OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE THE DIVE UNDER THE TYPHOON SEACOASTER AND THE HELIX FINALE. KICK ASS!!!!
<BR>
<BR>FINAL SUMMARY:
<BR>
<BR>SFA IS STILL EXPERICING GROWIN PAINS(STAFFING,NEW RIDE PROBLEMS,ETC...) BUT THIS IS A GREAT PARK WITH COASTERS WITHTONS OF ROOMFOR EXPANSION 400 ACRES TO BE EXACT. GIVEIT A FEW YEARS AND THIS PARK WILL BE ON EVERYONE'S TO DO LIST ESPECIALLY WITH ADDTIONS LIKE BATWING, AND SUPERMAN
<BR>
<BR>TIPS: TRY NOT TO GO ON SATURDAY, MONDAY, FRIDAYS OR ANY HOLIDAYS THE PARK IS A NIGHTMARE. ALSO BATWING IS ONLY RUNNING ONE TRAIN AT THIS POINT SO THE WAIT IS EXTREMLY LONG 2HOURS AVERAGE.
<BR>
<BR>

Honan Beetch
07-06-2001, 12:49 PM
My favorite coasters at Six Flags America would have to be Batwing, Superman: Ride of Steel, and The Joker's Jinx. Flying is really awesome with Batwing! Superman is still fun because of the airtime and the helixes! The Jokers Jinx is pretty enjoyable because of the launch and the twists. It's not rough at all! I hope Six Flags America gets than B&M stand-up soon! I can't believe they turned it down! Anyway, that would be an awesome idea.

CoasterEricHP
07-07-2001, 07:08 PM
I havent been the biggest fan of SFA. I think the ride ops are slow even rude (one op while in line for ROAR was arguing with a rider saying how she's going to kick her A__.. now this wouldntve been as bad if it wasnt said right in front of a very young girl in line). Plus the service was slow when I was there too. I keep going back mainly because the rides are really great but the back section of the park could use some well needed trees. I think in a few years this will be one heck of a park once everything finally comes together.
<BR>
<BR>

DrachenFire96
07-07-2001, 09:53 PM
Some of your ratings I can agree with, but the ALL CAPITALS makes reading a little tough, and sounds like your shouting this. As for Roar, it was my favorite till this year, and trust me there are better woodies out there (sorry Roar, Legend and Raven are incredible) but this is the best in this neck of the woods. I like SFA a lot, and they had given me free passes back to the park because Batwing had problems the last day I went. I think Six Flags is really trying to earn fans of this park, and this park is giving me a lot more reasons to come back than my home park BGW. Give this park a try people, you shouldn't be disappointed, but there again some people are just too hard to please.

2 FACE
07-08-2001, 05:10 PM
I apologize to everyone for the caps i don't know what i was thinking. Thank you for responding, and i know there are more roller coasters that are better than Roar, and i just can't wait to have an oppritunity to travel around and experience them.