PDA

View Full Version : What is BGWs next project?

TomG
05-06-2001, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have thoughts on BGW's next project. Of course everyone wants to see something done with Drachen Fire. But I'm curious to know how long it will take for them to build another coaster. It wasn't until recently that the park added 2 coasters in a 2 yeare period (unprecedented). The Loch Ness was built in 1978, Big Bad Wolf 1984, Drachen Fire 1992, Alpengeist 1997, and Apollo's Chariot 1999. Will they continue to quikly add to their coaster collection or do you think something else will be done? What type do you think they will build and what company?<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boardadmin on 2001-07-14 16:42 ]</font>

SFMMan84
05-06-2001, 01:46 PM
Both Bucsh Gardens are going to be focusing less on building new rides for the next few years. This could mean a couple more flat rides throughout both parks, but it could mean a certain roller coaster could be getting some attention. Probably in three or four years, there will be a few great coasters making their debuts at both Busch Gardens parks.

slayer666
05-06-2001, 01:54 PM
i heard that both Busch parks werent adding any new coasters until 2003 or 2004

alpengeistlover
05-06-2001, 02:09 PM
I heard that BGW has 5 year 3 coaster contract with B&M. Hey look Alpengeist 97 Appolos Chariot 99 next year would fulfil it.

TRDCDS1
05-06-2001, 03:29 PM
A huge woodie,possible dueling

Medusa1861
05-06-2001, 03:56 PM
B&M Floorless
<BR>Is't it obviouse
<BR>They wanted Drachen Fire to be B&M
<BR>then every coaster after that was B&M
<BR>

TomG
05-06-2001, 04:21 PM
I think I agree with BGW concentrating on adding more attractions such as flat rides to the park. Busch parks are definitly family oriented. Therefore, they tend to add attractions that will appease all types of people.
<BR>The one thing that BGW lacks is a variety of flat rides. Most of them are tame (swings, Battering Ram, Da Vinci's cradle). They need rides that are more thrilling.
<BR>I'm thinking that if any new coaster is planned, it would open in 2003. Busch tends to build major attractions every 2 years. Whatever the next coaster project is, I hope they add a woodie. They need something different than steel. If they go steel, hopefully they will look at other companies such as Intamin or S&S. Don't get me wrong, B&M coasters are awsome but another company would spice up their coaster collection.
<BR>

BGTBFL
05-07-2001, 07:59 PM
Something like a woodie would be interesting - too many B&M's I agree - it does get boring - is it me or all of their designs the SAME, the elements are just in different sections... their coasters are now getting "old", we need new things and more innovative type of coasters like Millinium Force/Superman (original) - something NEW desperately!