View Full Version : If someone Could Help me with Names

07-06-2001, 02:52 AM
I love flatrides but i dont know the technical names of any ill list a few and anyone who can tell me the name and manufacturer would be great
<BR>tampico tumbler-Knotts
<BR>Grand Slam-Knotts
<BR>Hammerhead- Knotts
<BR>Atom Smasher- SFMM
<BR>Head Spin-Knotts

Honan Beetch
07-06-2001, 03:01 AM
I don't pay much attention to thrill rides. Hey, ain't the Hammerhead exactly like the Iron Eagle here at Six Flags America! I love that ride! It gets you upside-down in 2 different directions!

07-06-2001, 03:20 AM
i know Head Spin is a scrambler...

Chris L
07-06-2001, 04:06 PM
HammerHead - Zamperla "Roto-Shake"
<BR>Atom Smasher - "Himalaya"

07-06-2001, 08:16 PM
Actually, it is a Roto-Shake, but it was made by Vekoma.

Chris L
07-06-2001, 10:06 PM
No it's not a Vekoma product. I was at the farm last Sunday and the backs of the seats had the word <!-- BBCode Start --><B>Zamperla</B><!-- BBCode End --> engraved in them.

07-07-2001, 10:11 AM
the Tampico Tumbler at Knotts is a Fire Ball manufactured by Zierer, the company that brings you your Wave Swinger. I only know of two in the US, the other resides at Knotts Camp Snoopy at the Mall. They are more common in Europe where they often travel under the name and theme of Hexentanz (Witch's Dance) Early versions of this ride had the center pole bent like a hockey stick (ala Wave Swinger) allowing the entire ride to tilt when it reached the top. This added visual interest, but according to a company rep didnt add much to the ride experience and was discontinued as a feature. Check out the ride stats (alas, no photo available) at wwww.zierer.com