PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Falls?

Sethar
07-08-2001, 04:35 AM
Has anyone ridden this? It's in Whitewater Country at Valleyfair. It's a 50 foot tall raft-ish ride. 4-6 people sit in a large tube, and hold on to straps on the side. The raft is pushed into a slide that is filled with water. You go down the slide, and as you hit corners, the raft goes up the side wall. I can't believe that I rode this thing. How can it possibly be safe? I wasn't scared when I was on it, but when I got to the bottom, I was just thinking "how could they possibly have a ride like that?" It seems like there's so little room for error. My raft was almost flipping upside down, people were having a hard time holding on to the straps. I was completely drenched and couldn't see, but was afraid to wipe my eyes because I'd have to let go of one of the straps to do so.
<BR>
<BR>

cookiemonsta911
07-11-2001, 06:44 PM
psh! there are rides like that all over the world they are safe! trust me.

Anaconda
07-12-2001, 05:37 PM
Yeah, several waterparks have those types of rides, and they are safe, I know, I've ridden a lot of them.

coasterguy1
07-12-2001, 06:14 PM
There is one called Big Kahuna @ Water World in houston. Ive been on it alot. I even move around in it while the ride is going down. Trust me, it is extremely safe.