PDA

View Full Version : SFMM questions!_Please reply if possible!

PINK FLOYD FANATIC
05-06-2001, 07:13 PM
1.What is the slowest time of the year to go because I always hear how crowded it is? Are there any weekdays in the winter that the park has walk-on on their major coasters?
<BR>
<BR>2.Why does the park think it is unsafe NOT to HEAVILY brake their coasters when Holiday World, Knoebels and many other smaller parks refuses to tame their rides down?
<BR>
<BR>3.IF SFMM gets an Intamin hyperwoodie will it be a racing woodie because SFMM NEEDS a VERY HIGH CAPACITY ride because of the extremely long lines? Also will they run it right???

Old Crow
05-06-2001, 10:02 PM
You haven't been to SFMM I take it. Colossus is already a racing woodie. Although it rarely really races.

PINK FLOYD FANATIC
05-06-2001, 10:16 PM
I know Colossus is a racing woodie but if they ever would build a HIGH QUALITY(for a change)Intamin hyperwoodie it needs to have very high capacity because it would likely be the ONLY woodie @ SFMM with airtime! I don't care about Colossus becuase of the HEAVY braking and lack of airtime! That is why I haven't been to SFMM yet because they need to build a WORLD CLASS quality record breaking woodie before I would come or a woodie BETTER than Shivering Timbers(#1 coaster ridden!!)before I would ever think of setting foot in that park! IF the Intamin hyperwoodie rumors turns out to be true and it turns out to be as good as Heide Park's Colossos than I will be there but until then nothing warrents the trip out there not even X(Which would make me barf because of the spinning)! The only currently operating ride there that may excites me enough to consider a trip out there is S:TE but that isn't enough! Give me the largest and BEST woodie in the world and I WILL be there but I only want to be there on uncrowded days if that is possible or at a coaster enthusiast's or ACE event with TONS of ERT on that wooden monster because it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get enough rides in on it on ANY day and long waits are intorable because of the high gete prices(or high prices on EVERYTHING in that park!!!)!! Getting 4 to 6 rides in a 12 hour period sounds like highwway robbery to me!!!

Old Crow
05-07-2001, 02:13 AM
If you want airtime on Colossus, try riding it backwards durning Fright Fest. They take the Psyclone train and run it backwards. It's pretty rough but when you go up the second hill you get launched into your lapbar.
<BR>
<BR>I swear my knees saved my life on that ride.