PDA

View Full Version : Viper is going down

Antuan
07-10-2001, 02:44 PM
On a trip to Great Adventure I saw some guys working on Viper. The Ride-op for Medusa informed me that they are actually dis-assembling the ride and is getting a replacement.....something reminiscent of a travelling carnival ride similar to one located at a Texas Park. [Taz's Texas Tornado] Sounds bonafide to me...its cheap...its compact and its cool looking!

Coaster131
07-10-2001, 06:47 PM
Did you go to SFGAdv today, July 10? I was there also, and that ride op on Medusa was Pete, one of my friends! He told me that they weren't sure as to what exactly the would get, but that Viper is definitely coming down. They were going to re-track and repair it, but they dicided it was too expensive and that they would spend the money on something new and BETTER!!!

King Spank
07-10-2001, 08:35 PM
I sure hope so. Viper sucked when it was open and sucks even more now that you can't even ride it. Let's get something new in there.

HighJander
07-12-2001, 03:05 AM
I agree

JDAWG
07-18-2001, 11:22 AM
I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE BUT I HEARD THERE WAS GOING TO BE A TA2K AROUND THE AREA.(I WAS NEAR SEASIDE) I FIRST THOUGHT AT A FAIRBUT THEN I REMEMBERED VIPER WAS CLOSED AND IT COULD FIT IF THEY CLEARED THE TREES. MAYBE THE RIDE WILL BE IN DORNEY PARK OR ANOTHER PARK

rob85
07-19-2001, 06:09 PM
ta2k would take up way more room than viper

SFgadvfreak
07-19-2001, 08:52 PM
I hope they don't take Viper down because it was my first coaster and they are making so many repairs on it.

Medusa1861
08-01-2001, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Antuan
On a trip to Great Adventure I saw some guys working on Viper. The Ride-op for Medusa informed me that they are actually dis-assembling the ride and is getting a replacement.....something reminiscent of a travelling carnival ride similar to one located at a Texas Park. [Taz's Texas Tornado] Sounds bonafide to me...its cheap...its compact and its cool looking!
Your wrong!!!!!!!!!!On 95.5 plj i heard this today they announced Viper in there commercial it was the first coaster they announced!!!!

HighJander
08-02-2001, 03:05 AM
Your trusting a commercial... this from the company that advertised Nitro... but showed a picture of the Goliath first drop. which is made by a completely different company, layout, even the seating in the trains is different. And yet again they advertised Nitro but showed a picture of Raging Bull's overbanked turn... I dont think you can trust a six flags commercial much.

DrachenFire96
08-02-2001, 04:15 AM
If Viper goes down, I guess I shoulda bought that T-shirt they had in the gift shop as a souvenier of another defunct arrow coaster, even if I never rode it. If it was even half as bad as GASM, I wouldn't have tempted it. I can handle only so much pain.

coasterfreak1080
08-02-2001, 08:49 AM
me 2

CoasterFan4Life
08-02-2001, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by DrachenFire96
If Viper goes down, I guess I shoulda bought that T-shirt they had in the gift shop as a souvenier of another defunct arrow coaster, even if I never rode it. If it was even half as bad as GASM, I wouldn't have tempted it. I can handle only so much pain.

Viper is made by TOGO, Viper in SFMM is arrow-designed

Medusa1861
08-02-2001, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by HighJander
Your trusting a commercial... this from the company that advertised Nitro... but showed a picture of the Goliath first drop. which is made by a completely different company, layout, even the seating in the trains is different. And yet again they advertised Nitro but showed a picture of Raging Bull's overbanked turn... I dont think you can trust a six flags commercial much.
your an idiot! They just don't film Nitro yet the commercial came out before Nitro opened!! what are they going to show?an empty train during testing? + it wasn't six flags to advertise it it was 95.5 plj advertising they're contest to win tickets

AJRNWO316
08-02-2001, 01:00 PM
Viper is too rough... get rid of it.

Amy
08-02-2001, 05:01 PM
Medusa, don't call him an idiot. SF is notorious for showing coasters that they have at parks in the wrong parks for their commercials. I've also seen other coasters in the Great Adventure commercials that aren't even in the park. They do this at the Great Escape too, showing different boomeranges and bobsleds in the maps. Face it, it's something Six Flags does quite often. Don't trust the commercials.

Honan Beetch
08-02-2001, 07:42 PM
Why don't theme parks use the real coasters in their commercials nowadays? Oh well, the general public usually doesn't know which is which, so who are we to judge?

Medusa1861
08-02-2001, 07:44 PM
the pictures aren't the coasters at the park i know that but the words are always correct or close to it except when they say opinions like SFGAdv is the mother of all coaster parks i watch all the commercials and name what they are really, but that is just stupid! o you believe a commercia! It's true! Viper is opening! Just because it has been closed every one just says it's going to be taken out, they are wrong!

Amy
08-02-2001, 07:53 PM
Okay here we go. Examples of false words in commercials:

1. SFGAdv is the mother of all coaster parks.
2. The largest park in the world.
3. Most rides on the planet.

And those are just examples, with words that aren't even illustrated by the coasters in the park.

And Honan, exactly. The general public isn't going to know the difference. The only ones who would are us, the coaster freaks. :)

HighJander
08-02-2001, 11:30 PM
Me an idiot... sigh Medusa what would a radio station know about what coasters are open and what coasters are not... for all u know they could have looked on the sixflags website and just wrote down all the coaster names.

Medusa1861
08-03-2001, 08:25 PM
Okay, for a long time commercials never mention Viper, now all of a sudden they mention Viper <b>First!</B> and alot of them where opinions and accually SFGAdv does have the most rides, Cedar Point i know can't have the most rides, they have the most coasters but they have hardly any rides. I know Viper is opening!

AJRNWO316
08-03-2001, 11:25 PM
Well you know how they say, "Save the best for last." Well I think they finally realized the meaning of this expression and put the crap at the beginning.

Amy
08-04-2001, 11:03 AM
lol good one. Medusa if you provide me with some factual information that SFGAdv has the most rides out of any park on the planet, I'll believe you.

NitroExplodes
08-04-2001, 05:21 PM
SFGAdv has 71 rides. More than CP. I can't believe people can't admit CP doesn't have the most rides. I think there are too many CP worshipers on this site.

Amy
08-04-2001, 10:48 PM
I'm not a CP worshiper. I've never even been to CP, and I'm not defending it. I just would like some proof thats all. It's a known fact that SF likes to lie in their commercials. Most of the public doesn't know the difference anyway.

AJRNWO316
08-05-2001, 11:24 AM
Personally, I'm a Great Adventure guy. You said that Great Adventure has 71 rides. Of those 71 rides... how many are operating.

CrescentFresh
08-05-2001, 05:00 PM
Touche.

But they don't have THAT many of their little rides closed.

NitroExplodes
08-05-2001, 05:05 PM
They are getting as many rides as they can operating, asap. I have been on every single ride in the park. They are great. The park needs some more employees to get it working. CP has enough employees because there is little industry out there, therefore people will work there.

AJRNWO316
08-05-2001, 08:55 PM
I was there on Saturday 8/4 and have to say I saw a ton of rides operating that I have not seen open all season. The only ride that I saw not operating was Evolution. I'd say that's excellent for any park.

NitroExplodes
08-06-2001, 08:40 AM
I am going back on Wednesday or Thursday, but on Thurs I have filming to do so, probably wednesday. I tell you the status of the rides.

Sandra
08-08-2001, 10:55 PM
It is somewhat sad that they are taking the viper down - just because it has been there for so long. I hope they at least replace it with something good.

Hey last week I went on the Scream Machine about 6 times in a row because there is never any line. All of the other coasters had about 30-45 minute waits.

I was wondering what everyone thought about this. Could the scream machine be the next to go? Will they try to improve the track? Or will they just keep a coaster that no one (other than me) wants to ride?

DragonSamurai
08-09-2001, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by CoasterFan4Life

Viper is made by TOGO, Viper in SFMM is arrow-designed

Soo soo true ..Viper brought to you by those evil geniuses at TOGO..."creating pain for the rollercoaster riding masses" hehehe

And Viper at SFMM is not as painfull as anny TOGO i have riden