PDA

View Full Version : Had to do this

Jerry S
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
You guys close threads, including the one about closing threads. I'm sure you'll close this one, but I have a suggestion about the previous thread

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/questions-suggestions-feedback-bugs-10/49799-thread-closures-news-stories-2.html#post772751

which I couldn't give because that one was closed as well.

If you're going to lock threads and only allow that conversation in the news section, you should put a list of "most popular news story discussions." Otherwise, as soon as it isn''t the newst of the news articles, it loses virtually all of its popularity.

Do something to keep people aware that there are conversations in the news stories. Maybe merge the thread with the news article. I don't know, anything that isn't what you have now. I'm sure everybody here would be interested to see some updates about the new Gravity Group Trains.

Steven
11-20-2008, 08:30 PM
When we close threads, we close threads for a reason... the discussion is over about it. Ultimately, it's the moderator's judgment call on whether or not to close it. Don't reopen discussion on it, especially if you want the thread reopened.

Right now, the system we have is the system we have. We can't merge threads and news stories, but we close the existing one and redirect them to the news story. Until something better comes along (which we have been working on for quite a while now), people are just going to have to live with it. If you can't wait, then tough.

End of discussion... seriously.