PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Adventure Notes/Tips/Whatever

Steven
07-10-2001, 08:15 PM
I just got back from my trip to MA here's what I have to report so far:
<BR>
<BR>1) The park seems the same from last year so far... about the only real activity I saw was the tree bark being spread near their Mad Mouse coaster and their Logger's Run flume ride.
<BR>
<BR>2) Construction on Be-bop blvd was like nothing... They were working on this last summer!
<BR>
<BR>3) Since I went on a Tuesday, coaster lines were less than 5 minutes, and in some cases walk-on (most go to Wild Water Adventure in the afternoon). I rode most coasters 3 times (except for Wolverine Wildcat, which I had trouble with the seatbelts and rode only once, and Big Dipper, since that doesn't look to exciting, even for a family coaster).
<BR>
<BR>4) I did manage to talk to a ride operator on Shivering Timbers. He noted the rumored hyper was going to be about 215 feet and going in the area just north of Shivering Timbers, where there is a bunch of open land. He also noted a bunch of other improvements, like in landscaping and that there are going to be 5 other rides. <B>(NOTE: If you wish to talk about this, I have this posted in the Park rumors forum, so please respond there so this doesn't get moved or closed or deleted)</B>
<BR>
<BR>Summary/Tips:
<BR>
<BR>1) Go on a weekday, just not Friday-Sunday and possibly Monday.
<BR>2) When you do this, and decide to hit the water park a little later in the day (like around 4 or maybe 5pm--it's open til 7 thru August 19) or hit it exactly at noon for a bit, you are pretty much guaranteed a less than 5 minute wait or walk-on on the coasters... even for the top seat picks
<BR>3) Wear light or white-colored clothing, perhaps with a hat and sunglasses as well. Since most of MA has no real shade, you'll wish you had it, especially on those hot days. My friend that went with me wore himself out too quickly since he wore dark clothing. Of course, sunblock is a must on a sunny day.
<BR>4) Bring a backpack, with a change of clothes and/or swimsuit/towels for Wild Water Adventure. Unlike CP or some other parks, you can take them all around the park and on rides. On coasters, you can set them on the platform. You can keep your camera, sunglasses, hat, etc. in that bag if you're going on a coaster so you won't lose it. No one will have a cow about it. I have no idea if it'll be this way next year tho if there are going to be all those changes.
<BR>
<BR>

Robert Walker
07-10-2001, 09:10 PM
This belongs in trip reports.