PDA

View Full Version : Dollywood premieres Sha-Kon-O-Hey

Alex Westerman
05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
PIGEON FORGE, Tenn.—Dolly Parton showcased her songwriting in her second musical production in as many weeks at the Dollywood premiere of Sha-Kon-O-Hey!—Land of Blue Smoke on Saturday, May 9.

Billed as “a show as big as the Great Smoky Mountains,”... Click here to read more... (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/2676/dollywood-premieres-sha-kon-o-hey.html)

I love DW
05-13-2009, 03:19 PM
I have not personally seen the show yet but from pictures that I have seen this is one amazing looking show. I am very excited to see this next week!

Alex Westerman
05-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Sad that 9 to 5 didn't do well.

I love DW
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
What do you mean 9 to 5 didn't do well?

hifly1231
07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
"9 to 5" is a Grammy Award Winning movie!!! And the Broadway Musical Version is receiving great reviews, and is doing spectacular!!! (Not sure how either version "didn't do well"!!!)

I've just been to Dollywood and saw the show "Sha-Kon-O-Hey!". If you visit Dollywood, don't miss it!!! The show is 45 minutes long, and is about the generations of people who have lived in the Smokey Mountains in harmony with the Cherokee Nation. It tells of how the cultural contributions of the early Immigrants and this Native American Tribe have intertwined to create the beautiful heratige that is "The Great Smokey Mountains".

Excellent show!!!

Mystery_Miner
07-28-2009, 09:37 AM
yep, i agree with hifly1231, the show is great! I've saw it several times now. The music is fun to listen to and i even got chill bumps once or twice. Plus Dolly wrote the music, so how could it go wrong? =]

Brian F
07-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Of course, one could always go over the hill into Cherokee, catch "Unto these hills," and get the story of the same events told from a different point of view.