PDA

View Full Version : Amusement advisory panel announces recommendations for amusement park development in Coney Island

Alex Westerman
05-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Deputy Mayor for Economic Development Robert C. Lieber, New York City Economic Development Corp. (NYCEDC) President Seth W. Pinsky and Premier Rides, Inc. President Jim Seay were joined today by members of the Coney Island Amusement Advisory Panel to... Click here to read more... (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/2680/amusement-advisory-panel-announces-recommendations-for-amusement-park-development-in-coney-island.html)

Tanks4me05
05-16-2009, 11:08 PM
If this will actually happen, (and to the potential the article glorified it to be) then I would be VERY happy. As much as Astroland will be missed, you have to admit it was kind of a dump.

Michael C
05-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Sounds pretty good. Though I wish the Amusement park would get the 15 acres instead of the 12. They could use that 2 acres for another coaster. preferably wood!

levineneil
05-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Presumably New York City wants one operator so they can sell all season tickets to make visiting whatever they build affordable to customers. But the successful parks are on the order of 100 acres with something like more than 60 rides so what is being talked about now sounds rinky dink and poorly thought out. Like they don't want visitors or they are insisting on subsidizing an Amusement Park. It doesn't pass my sniff test.