PDA

View Full Version : TN Mobile testing

Steven
06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
After a couple of months, we're slowly starting to roll out TN Mobile v4.

Right now, only our news is working, but we intend to have forums and database online.

In the meantime I need testers who can use the mobile version and submit feedback in this thread. You need a phone with a good mobile browser (preferably a smartphone like blackberry, iphone, sidekick, Palm, etc.) and a good data plan (just like your Internet provider, we cannot be responsible for usage charges that may occur).

Coasterlove: This would be perfect for you.

Brian F
06-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Are staffers welcome?

Steven
06-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Because you had to ask that question, you're required to.

Brian F
06-23-2009, 11:18 AM
OK. I was going to use it either way. The feedback was the only thing in question.

rjholla2003
06-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Link please!

*edit*
Ignore, I remembered that you're using WP now and probably have a Carrington mobile theme. Looks like I guessed correct! It works pretty well, as the Carrington themes usually do. I just hate the way they all look.

Steven
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
They don't all render the same on every browser. But yeah, the aim is to not have to have a separate site. It's autodetecting the browser and rendering the site accordingly.

coasterlove
06-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Coasterlove: This would be perfect for you.

Just let me know what I can do. I've been visiting this site using a T-Mobile Sidekick (before it was trendy) since early 2004 without any problems. Although I always try to view sites as the traditional version, not the mobile, since mobile sites are usually very limiting. The Sidekick renders many sites fairly well once you get use to it.

One thing I hated was when both Chicago newspapers altered their websites to redirect me to their mobile site which is a joke! I had no problem viewing their regular sites. It also doesn't give me any option to view their desktop site. With Thrillnetwork, I have ThrillNetwork Boards - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/) bookmarked since I spend most of my time on the forums. I haven't noticed any major difference in the forums and they're working smoothly, same as most of the time.

Brian F
06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
The forums are still on the old format- they're not a part of the new mobile page yet.

Steven
06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I'll announce when each section works. Right now, it's just the news that is mobile-ready.