PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Point .vs. Busch Gardens Williamsburg

X COASTER
07-15-2001, 01:00 PM
These are two outstanding parks, but which one do you all think is better? I have to say CP because they have a great coaster and ride collection.

CoasterFan4Life
07-15-2001, 01:17 PM
This is not even a comparison.BGW is a nice park, but there are not that many good rides.Look at it this way, Take the best 2 from each.Alpengeist vs. Raptor, Raptor wins that hands down.And AC vs MF,what needs to be said?and cedar point haas so much more after that

07-15-2001, 01:42 PM
Cp barely beats out BGW.
<BR>Appolo's Chariout beats Magnum
<BR>Raptor beats Alpengeist
<BR>Loch Ness Monster Beast Corkscrew
<BR>Big Bad Wolf beats Iron Dragon
<BR>
<BR>But nothing, i mean nothing at BGW beats Millenium Force.
<BR>
<BR>By the way, I think this belongs in the games section.
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>Roller Coaster Survivor: The Saga continues @ <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://expage.com/rollercoastersurvivor." target="_blank">http://expage.com/rollercoastersurvivor.</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> The ONLY website dedicated to roller coaster survivor. One coaster has left and now Round 2 has begun. Vote for which steel coaster you want out of the tribe!<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1984 on 2001-07-15 13:43 ]</font>

Ben Keller
07-15-2001, 01:56 PM
I like BGW.It has what I want.Alpenghiest beats Raptor.I think AC beats Magnum and MF if you ask me.
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>GO AWAY!
<BR>GET AWAY!
<BR>GET AWAY!
<BR>GET AWWWAAAYYY!!!
<BR>
<BR>I am not racist.<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ben Keller on 2001-07-15 15:52 ]</font>

Medusa1861
07-15-2001, 02:23 PM
Alpengiest beats Raptor
<BR>All the rest Cedar Point is better

A123X
07-15-2001, 03:22 PM
I haven't been to BGW but the magnum is ranked as the best steel coaster.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Cp barely beats out BGW.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

Raleighpensfan
07-15-2001, 03:23 PM
MODS--isn't this a poll or survey? Can you please lock it or put it in the Survey forum.

NITOR
07-15-2001, 04:47 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-07-15 15:22, A123X wrote:
<BR>I haven't been to BGW but the magnum is ranked as the best steel coaster.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Cp barely beats out BGW.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>Thats a real original post! You even spelled the same words wrong..why not just quote him and not type anything?

Anaconda
07-16-2001, 01:31 PM
Here's how I see it:
<BR>
<BR>BGW just barely edges out CP
<BR>Alpengeist beats Raptor
<BR>AC beats Magnum
<BR>Loch Ness Monster beats Corkscrew
<BR>
<BR>and in the other categories
<BR>Flat rides: CP
<BR>Theming: BGW
<BR>Food: BGW
<BR>Best Coasters: CP (Hey, they have MF, what can beat that? Plus, they have woodies as well)
<BR>Beauty: BGW (Beauty I count as flowers, trees, landscaping and stuff, theming is like buildings, un-natural scenery, and ride colors)
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

CoolCoasterKid
07-16-2001, 04:11 PM
Well, I have only been to CP, but I'm going to BGW this summer. I also know a lot about BGW, so this is what I think:
<BR><b>Overall</b>
<BR>CP beats BGW
<BR>
<BR><b>Coasters</b>
<BR>Alpengeist beats Raptor
<BR>LNM beats Corkscrew
<BR>BBW beats Iron Dragon
<BR>Apollo's Chariot beats Magnum
<BR>Wildcat beats Wild Maus
<BR>MF beats _____ (not much could beat it anyway)
<BR>Mean Streak beats _____
<BR>Blue Streak beats _____
<BR>Mantis beats _____
<BR>Gemini beats _____
<BR>CCMR beats _____
<BR>Jr. Gemini beats _____
<BR>Woodstock Express beats _____
<BR>Disaster Transport beats _____
<BR>
<BR>Coaster Score: CP 10 - BGW 4
<BR>
<BR><b>Other</b> (2 pts. each)
<BR>
<BR>Overall rides - CP (They have one of the best collections on Earth IMO)
<BR>Theming - BGW (Pretty easily)
<BR>Location - CP (Peninsula is very scenic, and the hotel is right nearby)
<BR>Location of Rides - BGW (With less rides, they can put them in better places)
<BR>Food - BGW (I've heard they have the best food...)
<BR>Pricing - Tie (I can't really judge...)
<BR>
<BR>Overall scores:
<BR>
<BR>CP - 15
<BR>BGW - 11
<BR>
<BR>It's rather close, but I think CP wins. You may not consider this to be a valid comparison because I haven't been to BGW. Also, I'm not as much into theming as others...I would rather have more rides with no theming than less rides with theming, but that's just me.

antfarm007
07-17-2001, 11:02 AM
CP edges in rides and food-Tasty Pizza forever!
<BR>BGW kills in theming

Jack Rabbit
07-17-2001, 11:54 AM
BGW doesn't have any Wood coasters so I won't be going back until they get one..
<BR>Magnum Kicks AC's a$$.
<BR>

MilleniumBeast
08-21-2001, 12:13 AM
If you what your looking themeing/land-scaping/and-or a few World class coasters, then you'd really enjoy BGW.

If you want the hands down, best of the best, greatest ROLLER COASTER park in the World with an entire arsenal of World Class coasters then you'd want/need to go to Cedar Point.

Rockrc480
08-21-2001, 12:41 AM
CP all the way.

Raging Rider
08-21-2001, 01:12 AM
This belongs in polls. CP is better for rides and BGW has awesome theming.

CoolCoasterKid
08-21-2001, 01:21 AM
Well now I've been to BGW so I have a more balanced view. Actually, in contrary to my previous post, I think Raptor is better than Alpengeist and Magnum edges out AC (This was after serious reevaluation, but I think Magnum wins by a hair)

The thing is Busch Gardens isn't about all coasters and thrill rides...they're more about theming. In a way, it's kind of like comparing an incredible amusement park (CP) to and experience. And while the two are among the top rated parks in the country, I think it's kinda hard to compare....

But if I had to choose, I'd say CP. BGW is great though :)

DrachenFire96
08-21-2001, 01:58 AM
I am not even going to begin by comparing rides because that is hardly fair. BGW for atmosphere and theming, and overall beauty. CP for Rides, scenic water view. Both if you like crowds :D

I guess most would choose CP. So I guess the same.

DragonSamurai
08-21-2001, 02:47 AM
I just never get what we acomplish with all this Vs. comparisons...CP of course though..im a coaster freak ..not a park freak

NC Coasterman
08-21-2001, 06:03 AM
Isn't this comparison a little one sided?

What's next , Cedar Point vrs the Kiddie Carosel
on K-Mart's sidewalk?

and yet so many people chime in with opinions
that havn't even been to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg.

mister656
08-21-2001, 07:52 AM
I won't compare them since they are totally different
and btw I guess it's more thrill to ride on so many
different rides as possible! So take your time for visiting
more and more parks, not comparing different coaster
designs with eachother!

I guess the best Mega is MF due to it's heigh, speed
and of the scenery!

But a good theming can also be very attractive to a park!

The first drop of Apollo's Chariot looks pretty awesome,
like falling into the small river and directly become launched
into the sky!

I wish I had one of both parks next to me, doesn't matter
which one! ;) But anyway I will travel both parks when I
jump over the Atlantic!

Kevin Winkler
08-21-2001, 08:09 AM
Moving to Polls Forum...

antfarm007
08-21-2001, 09:40 AM
Well just so you know, BGW and CP are pretty far from each other

mister656
08-21-2001, 10:12 AM
Do you think I care about some miles more when
travel to the US just for visiting some parks?

I mean from Germany to the US is a far distance,
so CP to BGW is a short jump, maybe 1 day of travel!

I'll look for a cheap car-rental take 1 or 2 weeks
and then visit some parks in the middle, like CP,
PKI and SFWoA to BGW it's about 700km from CP.

I guess there will be enough motels to get some
sleep on this roundtrip!

I don't about a perfect route, but maybe you know
some other parks which are worth a visit and located
in the central part of the US?

Kraken
08-21-2001, 03:11 PM
I have been to both Cedar Point, and Busch gardens Williamsburg this past summer. Cedar Point is great, but I think Busch Gardens is better (OH MY GOD) in both theming, and rides.. There are only 4 major coasters, but They are all so awsome. Cedar Point has loads of kick ass coasters, like Raptor and Magnum, but I liked the ones at Busch Gardens better. It also is really pretty at Busch Gardens. Cedar Point still rules though.

Jokercoaster
09-19-2001, 09:29 PM
Cedar Point

Coasterlover28
09-20-2001, 11:44 PM
I have been to CP and to be honest I was just a little disappointed. Their coasters are great but they are all standard designs. I would really love to go to BGW. Their coasters looks really awsome and unique

SpeedAKL
09-21-2001, 03:09 PM
Alpengeist beats Raptor
Apollo's Chariot beats Magnum XL-200
Millennium Force beats Apollo's Chariot
Loch Ness Monster beats Corkscrew
Big Bad Wolf beats Iron Dragon
Mantis beats Drachen Fire (OK, they are not even the same type but thats as close as I can get it)
Scenery and theming: BGW wins
Food: BGW wins
Setting: CP wins
Rides: CP wins
CP wins because it has many more coasters, and more types of coasters. However, ride for ride, BGW has better coasters. CP has a few outstanding rides like Millennium Force, Magnum XL-200, Raptor, and Mantis, but the others dont come anywhere close to my Top 25 lists. BGW, on the other hand, has much fewer coasters, but they are all very good rides. OK, so Drachen Fire was brutally rough, but I got banged around on Corkscrew too. CP wins, but if BGW had 14 coasters and they were all as good or better than the ones they currently have, I would take it over CP any day. The ultimate park would be something that contained a mix of the best things from both parks.

Coalhouse
09-21-2001, 05:44 PM
BGW...hands down.

Carowinds 73-03
07-25-2003, 03:03 AM
BGW

Ta2KX
07-25-2003, 03:07 AM
You are trying to compare a coaster empire with a park that hasnt seen any new coasters in 4 years? Well, ok then, CP by a landslide. Perhaps CP vs. PKD would have served a better comparison.

coasetrphil
07-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Some of these old polls were ridiculously stupid. Cedar Point.

bk1870
07-25-2003, 10:53 AM
cedar point all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptor
07-25-2003, 04:00 PM
This is a really tough choice as these are 2 of my favorite parks. But Cedar Point wins in the end simply because theres just so much more of it. More coasters, bigger park, much more to do, etc.

Kyle L
07-26-2003, 12:11 AM
This is a toughie for me. BGW is a VERY nice park, it upsets me that people jump to "Oh, Cedar Point just 0wnz becauze of its coasters!". BGW may not have as many, but the ones they have are heavily themed, enjoyable, and awesome. The park is plain beautiful and the food is great. The staff is good, and it is a very good all around park. Cedar Point gets the vote in my count because of the variety of coasters, and the lake near by. But it is very close.

Top Gun 25
08-03-2003, 05:00 AM
BGW for the best themeing in the world.
CP for the best coasters in the world.

I'am a coaster man myself, themeing isen't really that big of a deal to me.

CPgeek
08-03-2003, 02:40 PM
CP all the way

coaster9freak
08-03-2003, 02:50 PM
^fanboy...

I'd hafta say...CP for coasters and BGW for coasters and theming.

ryanb122
08-03-2003, 05:52 PM
What the hell are u people sayin BGW beats CP by 100,000,000 CP has absotlutly no scenery at all all they care about is the rides there food sucks yea the rides are fun but the wait times! thats another bad thing and there staff sucks!!and BGW is on the better side A ton of scenery delicuos food I mean GREAT FOOD!!! and the wait times aren't bad at all and there staff are very nice they check your restraints like 3 times and they say hello and help people out CP staff are like u drop it xu pick it up and clean it BGW RULES

Alpengiest beats raptor

LNM beats corkscrew

BBW beats ID

AC beats WT,BS,and Mantis

all four coasters combiend Beats MF

no buts

Raptor
08-03-2003, 06:57 PM
^ uh...

You're right, BGW has great food, but CP's isn't horrible compared to many, many parks I've been to. The staff at CP is probably equal to BGW's. In fact, the CP ride ops are probably faster. Cedar Point has plenty of scenery. The thing is, the park is very well kept and landscaped, its just that when you're there, you're too busy paying attention to the coasters and rides to notice it. Once you do, you'll realize that CP's scenery is actually pretty damn good, and I'd take it any day over tacky Six Flags theming. Sure, CP isn't as beautiful as BGW, but then, what park is? BGW is voted the most beautiful park out there for a reason. Oh, and wait times? BGW has no wait times becuase it just doesn't draw that large of crowds. CP on the other hand has the fastest moving lines in any park, except maybe Disney/Universal.

I say this because I'm a fan of both parks and think they're almost equal. Its just that CP's 16 coasters beats BGW's 5, even if all 5 BGW coasters are better than their CP counterparts. You are clearly just saying this becuase you are biased towards BGW.

Heres my rundown of the parks:

Theming/Scenery - Of course BGW wins, they don't call it "Busch Gardens" for nothing, but CP's is above average.

Setting - CP, by far. can't beat being on its own peninsula, and also the fact that its an actual resort, not just a park. Staying at the Breakers hotel or the Sandcastle Suites gives you a real cool feeling of actually being on a vacation, not just at an amusement park.

Coasters - Alpie beats Raptor, Apollo beats Magnum, BBW beats Iron Dragon, and LNM beats Corkscrew, but you can't go wrong with 16 coasters, including MF and TTD, which is why CP wins this one by far.

Flat rides - CP has more of them... much more.

Shows - tie

Food - BGW by far, but thats one of their main draws, actually. CP's better than average amusement park food, though.

Employees - BGW wins, but again, CP's are pretty damn good.

Wait times/lines - BGW has shorter lines becuase the park doesn't draw as much crowds. CP's lines tend to be long but they also move very, very fast.

Riddler156
08-03-2003, 09:49 PM
CEDAR POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrill Rider
08-03-2003, 11:11 PM
I have to go with Cedar Point. BGW is an incredible park. The theming and landscape are great, and they have good rides, but CP just takes it. It's almost not even describable. The overall experience is just awesome. The rides are great, the park is extremely clean, and the staff is very nice.

Air
08-03-2003, 11:59 PM
I want to know what kind of crackpot survey this is!!!!!!!!!!! How can you compare CP and BGW! Even you all have admitted it.
One park has more coasters, one has more theming, therefore, they are impossible to compare. If you were going to compare BGW to another park, it would have to be BGT, obviosely. And to some people, CP can't compare to any other park. :) :flip: :sick: :)