PDA

View Full Version : Wheres my Mortal Kombat?

slipknot8527
07-16-2001, 10:41 AM
What happened? This is my all time favorite gaming series ever...now they seemed to have halted. I have every single MK game in existence I believe.
<BR>MK1
<BR>MK2
<BR>MK3
<BR>MK3 (special edition)
<BR>MK Trilogy
<BR>MK 4
<BR>MK Sub Zero
<BR>MK Gold
<BR>
<BR>I love all of them! MK4 is the best in my opinion. Whats you'lls favorite one? Will there be as MK5?

Tim
07-16-2001, 11:22 AM
You forgot to mention Mortal Kombat Special Forces. Either you don't have it (consider yourself lucky) or you have it and have blocked any memory of ownership (understandable).
<BR>
<BR>Anyway, Mortal Kombat 5 has been confirmed for release sometime in 2002.

slipknot8527
07-16-2001, 12:15 PM
I didnt forget it but I try to block it from memory. It got a 1.5 in Gamepro...the only magazine I trust.

CorbinA
07-17-2001, 02:56 AM
I don't think that we need any more Mortal Kombats, Army Men, or Tomb Raider games.

Rappingfuria
07-23-2001, 11:58 AM
I got good news for you slipnot Mortal Kombat 5 for the arcade is in the works and should be out at the end of the year or early 2002. I can't waot the only characters from the first games are going to be Lui Kang, Scorpion, and Radien maybe some other characters too but they want to change the game so that people who didn't like Mortal Kombat before will like it now and the only thing you will recoginze is Fatalitys. Final verdict is I can't wait for it!!!

slipknot8527
07-24-2001, 01:47 AM
A complete overhaul will be nice as long as they dont stray TOO far from the series I love.

Taipan2
07-28-2001, 01:59 AM
The MK Series are my fave beat 'em up games. SF is for wussies. I remember when it first came out in the arcades. It was so popular then due to it's video-realism. Then it started to decline when the sequels came out as each one would get more cartoony than the one before it. That is the trouble with sequels, companies think if a original does well, a sequel will do the same. There are exceptions to this - Final Fantasy (Can't think of others) & in a related way - 007 movies, Star Wars etc.

MK5 would be great, but lose the number. Call it Mortal Kombat Unleashed or something like that. Yeah, 3D graphics have come a long way since MK4. I'm still waiting for 2 on 2 Kombat or all for 1 which was promised with the very first SFIII.

On the other hand, the creators (Ed Boon & John Tobias - Noob Saibot) could easily come up with an all-new game.

I have;
MK (Mega Drive/Genesis)
MK2 (MD)
MK3 (PC)
MKTril (PC)

MK3 is my fave, I try to get as many hits as possible in combos. The best I can do is 9-hit, 51% damage with Kabal - Tornado Dash, Buzz Saw, LK, LK, HP, HP, D+HP, Jump Kick & Fireball.

What's your best combo? (MK3) I HATE Shao Kahn, he's a ******* bastard!

Damn, now I wanna play it & can't, dunno where my MKTril CD is & MK3 is on my old PC which died. :(

I've played MK4 but never bought it at the time. I suppose I can copy my cousin's CD.

serpent king
07-28-2001, 02:11 AM
my mom's boyfriends cousin was one of the original creators for mortal kombat.....wat sux is he only sold the game for about 15-20 thousands dollars....they never thought it would become this big.

slipknot8527
07-29-2001, 02:45 AM
I have new inside info:

Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Rayden are confirmed for return. How bout that? The only three I ever play with!

Jon Tobias left the staff to make his own fighting game to rival MK5! They will both come out at the same time.

Ed Boon said forget about what you knew about the series because it was going to be different.

Apparently, you can tear away at their clothes and flesh with each blow.

Fatalities will return but Ed Boon wants to shy away from the goofy stuff like Babalities and friendships.

There will be test your might and test your sight...whatever that is.

More updates later!

Taipan2
07-29-2001, 05:57 AM
Sounds excellent. Test your sight? I wonder if it would use VR Goggles. While the old VR technology is awful, only if they came up with what you expect of it, to fight a VR opponent would be fun! It probably would use the Dance Revolution mat or similar & IR ports. Only think is this is physical which doesn't appeal to certain people.

AZ RIDER
08-01-2001, 09:34 PM
it sucks that they are not bringing back liu kang. he was the best.

slipknot8527
08-02-2001, 01:29 AM
They are bringing back Liu Kang. The fighters I mentioned are only CONFIRMED. 3d renderings have been seen for Kitana, Kano, Jax, Liu Kang, and Reptile.

DragonSamurai
08-02-2001, 05:13 PM
NOw that was a awesome game series MKII was the best out of all in game play..TOASTY!!!!