PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Point-What are they hiding

antfarm007
07-17-2001, 03:41 PM
If you are at Cedar Point look where the swan boats are. The steel supports there are for nothing but a steel coaster. I have heard that Cedar Point is shipping the Swan Boats to MA, WoF, or VF. I see MA as most likely.
<BR>
<BR>I have heard that Cedar Point will be shipping out a coaster (DT???WC???) to a smaller park (WoF, VF, MA)
<BR>
<BR>Cedar Point will build anywhere from 2-4 coasters next year, I have no idea

The Beast
07-17-2001, 05:14 PM
I really don't think that CP wants to waste that much room that fast, they are going to run out of room VERY soon if they work at that pase.

Kraken
07-17-2001, 05:25 PM
Cedar Point has ALOT more room than you think. Tak a look at Millennium Forces island. They have room for at least 2 Mantis sized coasters, as well as flat rides. There is also a strip of land south of Disaster Transport and the parking lot that they can put stuff on. They also could buy land on the mainland!

Coastercameron
07-17-2001, 05:59 PM
They have land on the mainland alreghty. They are most likely moving the lots and some employee areas there

wahooskipper
07-17-2001, 06:13 PM
Look for continued movement of dorms and services such as personnel, laundry, etc to the mainland. Gold dorms and the laundry take up some space that could be used.
<BR>
<BR>You all and the whole monorail thing crack me up!

Natelox
07-17-2001, 07:42 PM
they are hiding FISH! more of those annyoing things.

majorq007
07-17-2001, 09:23 PM
they have plenty of room. When you think about it, the whole front-right area (near DT and down to ocean motion) is BEGGING for an expansion. people think that b/c it's on a peninsula (sp?) there's no room. It's limited, but it's there.

antfarm007
07-18-2001, 10:17 AM
I still say that within the next few years look for parking to be moved, if not employee parking is gone

iluvtocoast
07-18-2001, 01:41 PM
if they move parking to the mainland they will have to have some sort of transport or shuttle to the front gate

antfarm007
07-20-2001, 11:10 AM
Yeah they would

Limacoasterboy
07-20-2001, 03:44 PM
I think that CP is hiding something. It only makes sense. Say CP says that they are going to build 4 new coasters. if they said that now, SFMM would build 3 new coasters to tie the record ( or how ever many that they would need). I think that CP will keep all of their coasters, and we will know what is going to be new at CP after the start of the new year.

Anaconda
07-21-2001, 12:45 AM
And lets not forget, the Boardwalk expansion idea hasn't been scrapped yet, and who says they'd have to move the parking lot, just add in a giant parking garage in place of the parking lot, or they can move it to the mainland like most of you peeps are saying and just have shuttle service.

CPFan
07-21-2001, 12:28 PM
I believe they are hiding something. CP does such a good job at hiding secrets.

antfarm007
07-21-2001, 11:07 PM
This will be CP biggest year yet

Stino999
07-22-2001, 12:27 AM
Ceadar Point is very cleaver and will figure something out! there will be at least one quality new coaster next year.

serpent king
07-22-2001, 12:58 AM
yeah...they are gonna build one on millenium island

MForceXtreme
07-22-2001, 09:47 PM
They must be builing something in oceana. That section only begs for more attention. Nobody really ever goes there. Maybe, (although they arnt that great) a ta2k along with whatever may be happening on millennium island.

Raleighpensfan
07-23-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by MForceXtreme
They must be builing something in oceana. That section only begs for more attention. Nobody really ever goes there. Maybe, (although they arnt that great) a ta2k along with whatever may be happening on millennium island.

I had heard they are dismantling Oceania as part of the Boardwalk project.

robvia
07-23-2001, 02:40 PM
CP always builds record breaking rides.

They're moving stuff to the mainland like others have said.

So they need that new monorail, which will be very special.

It will be magnetically levitated and gradually accellerate to 100mph. The first couple cars will be uncovered, so those passengers who want a thrill will have the wind in their face.

But seriously, I don't expect them to put 4 coasters in there just to catch SFMM. Each ride they put in is very special, not a clone, usually a first of it's kind. I'd rather have 1 full length quality coaster than 4 clones anyday.

oldCP'er
07-24-2001, 08:29 AM
If anything moves to the mainland it will be employee related. CP wouldn't want to shuttle thousands of people from the mainland to the park. They used to have a boat that would take people from the mainland to CP (for a cost), but I'm not sure that is even running anymore. There is still plenty of room for expansion within the park.

RoboBOBO13
07-24-2001, 01:29 PM
I heard that Cedar Point is building at least 2 new coasters sometime soon. One is a gigacoaster about 350 ft tall. The other is a pneumatic coaster a lot like ThrustAir 2000, and is supposed to be around 150 feet tall. Both are supposed to go OVER 100 MPH!!!! As for the Maglev Monorail, its supposed to be build by Intamin AG (they built Milennium Force). I also think i should warn you people about SFWoA. Its really a waste. They caused an 11% drop in attendance at Cedar Point! But it won't happen again because they can't build any tall or noisy rides, definitely no coasters, on the Sea World side, and they're gonna reach some financial roadblock soon. I heard that they brobably can't afford a new coaster for 2002. Always go Cedar Point!

wahooskipper
07-25-2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by RoboBOBO13
I also think i should warn you people about SFWoA. Its really a waste. They caused an 11% drop in attendance at Cedar Point!

How do you figure? You think SFWOA caused an 11% drop in attendance. Your wack. SFWOA has it's own problem with attendance right now. They are scaling back hours of the water park, ride times, staffing, etc. They have their own problems.

Attendance is off at just about every park in America. Disney, Busch, Six Flags, etc.

Blame the decrease on weather, economy, etc but you are stretching it.

DragonSamurai
07-25-2001, 04:10 PM
MM Tie CP???

16-15 doset tie..it breaks their record .....(dont come up with that stupid argument that S:TE is not a coaster..it is its a "shuttle coaster".......just like anny other..go to www.rcdb.com an look)

Who cares annyway?

antfarm007
07-27-2001, 09:54 AM
Cedar Point will build two coasters, and i still believe in the monorail in the near future, built by Intamin AG Transportation

cgodsey
07-27-2001, 12:33 PM
I forsee a Dueling/Racing woodie on the island with MF or near Mean Streak. This could count as two coasters and help them get the coaster lead back.

RoboBOBO13
07-27-2001, 01:52 PM
To wahooskipper:
I got my information from Cedar Fair, Ltd's press releases page. And, SFWOA is actually increasing water park hours, especially for passholders. I get their dumb commercials on my TV every 2 minutes, every channel, all day long. Its nso bad that Cedar Point is running commercials this year, which i never have seen them do.

cedarpointfreak
07-27-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by CPFan
I believe they are hiding something. CP does such a good job at hiding secrets.

they aren't that good at hiding stuff. I found out about MF a month befor the press release

RoboBOBO13
07-27-2001, 04:00 PM
You're right. I found out about it one night the May before the press release from the ride operator on the Cedar Creek Mine Ride.

Metalhead 777
07-27-2001, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Limacoasterboy
I think that CP is hiding something. It only makes sense. Say CP says that they are going to build 4 new coasters. if they said that now, SFMM would build 3 new coasters to tie the record ( or how ever many that they would need). I think that CP will keep all of their coasters, and we will know what is going to be new at CP after the start of the new year.

Ahh, yes, very wize my friend. Use the force. :) Seriously though, your probably right. Maybe my CCI, 4d, TA2K prediction is right?

Metalhead 777
07-27-2001, 06:01 PM
OK, here's my 5 year expansion:
2002: They'll get that Vertigo thing, a CCI between Gemini and Mean Squeak, a TA2K anlong the lake, and a 4d In the wooded area near Iron Dragon.
2003: S:TE, Junior Millenium Force, maybe a high tech simulator like Spiderman or Tomb Raider. All on "Millenium Force Island"
2004: Nothing, save up money for HUGE expansion.
2005: Same as 2004
2006: They move the parking lots, and......... many flat rides, 265' Impulse coaster, B&M floorless, B&M verticle drop coaster, flying dutchman, and if they didn't build the simulator in 2k3, they build it then.

That's what I'm hoping for! ::D

RoboBOBO13
07-27-2001, 07:55 PM
I've sent tons of e-mails about a TA2K flier to S&S, Cedar Point, and Cedar Fair. Ed Hiller, S&S's VP, responded to one of these. My pneumatic coaster is a partnership between S&S and B&M, due to S&S's inexperience in the coaster business. They use Mantis-style trains with the addition of leg and waist restraints, and the ability to recline. It launches riders up and over the lift hill, then does a vertical heartline twist, and rounds off the dip with riders under the track. Then it goes into a banked upward curve, twists downward again towards the lake or a lagoon, loops, curves up, around, and back down, boomerangs, does an upward helix, goes into the brakes, then back into the station. I think its time for them to add a racer or a woodie. I also think SOMETHING is happening in Disaster Transport because everything shifts around in there all the time. The props on the ride move around from week to week sometimes. It needs some kind of remodeling inside, too, because everything is so old looking. I also think maybe CP would build another indoor coaster.

wahooskipper
07-28-2001, 10:06 AM
I've sent tons of e-mails about a TA2K flier to S&S, Cedar Point, and Cedar Fair. Ed Hiller, S&S's VP, responded to one of these. My pneumatic coaster is a partnership between S&S and B&M, due to S&S's inexperience in the coaster business. They use Mantis-style trains with the addition of leg and waist restraints, and the ability to recline. It launches riders up and over the lift hill, then does a vertical heartline twist, and rounds off the dip with riders under the track. Then it goes into a banked upward curve, twists downward again towards the lake or a lagoon, loops, curves up, around, and back down, boomerangs, does an upward helix, goes into the brakes, then back into the station. I think its time for them to add a racer or a woodie. I also think SOMETHING is happening in Disaster Transport because everything shifts around in there all the time. The props on the ride move around from week to week sometimes. It needs some kind of remodeling inside, too, because everything is so old looking. I also think maybe CP would build another indoor coaster.

Is there a coherent thought in this post?

antfarm007
07-28-2001, 11:47 AM
Cedar Point will reclaim it's title from Magic Mountain next year, once again becoming the coaster capital of the world. Cedar Point has 14 rollercoasters at the moment, but has been beaten by the Six Flags park in 2001 which has 15 rollercoasters (although two are yet to open). An announcement is due in October. It is expected that the park will add two rollercoasters and a number of flat rides, as well as re-locate some existing rides. Those expecting a Thrust Air 2000, may be disappointed, as Cedar Fair are in talks with Intamin to bring one of their revolutionary new wooden coaster designs to the States. The other rollercoaster is likely to be a B&M Flying Coaster, but nothing is confirmed yet.

RoboBOBO13
07-28-2001, 04:25 PM
Hey, i'm just posting what comes to mind!

cedar_point_lover
07-29-2001, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Metalhead 777
OK, here's my 5 year expansion:
2002: They'll get that Vertigo thing, a CCI between Gemini and Mean Squeak, a TA2K anlong the lake, and a 4d In the wooded area near Iron Dragon.
2003: S:TE, Junior Millenium Force, maybe a high tech simulator like Spiderman or Tomb Raider. All on "Millenium Force Island"
2004: Nothing, save up money for HUGE expansion.
2005: Same as 2004
2006: They move the parking lots, and......... many flat rides, 265' Impulse coaster, B&M floorless, B&M verticle drop coaster, flying dutchman, and if they didn't build the simulator in 2k3, they build it then.

That's what I'm hoping for! ::D

they more than likely will get something big in 2004 maybe one of 2002 or 2006 roller coasters. I dont think they would break a 10 year tradition of every other year we build a coaster.

CPFan
07-29-2001, 12:31 PM
SFMM will only have the record for months so why are we complaining.

Metalhead 777
07-29-2001, 01:44 PM
Actually C_P_lover, They went 3 years between MS and Raptor.

antfarm007
08-06-2001, 05:59 PM
They are hiding a B&M on Millenium Island I am sure, and they are going to build a Intamin woodie somewhere

raser
08-06-2001, 10:14 PM
they are hiding the prototype for that new toilet I heard about

Honan Beetch
08-07-2001, 06:26 AM
Hey, a B&M intertwining with a portion of Millenium Force's ride on the island would be awesome! Anyway, I too think they're hiding a new prototype toilet ride. Heh, heh, heh!

antfarm007
08-07-2001, 02:24 PM
yeah you could take a crap on the coaster, hey thats catchy, make it like flying Super Saturator, and you could dump your dump from the car, oh wait thats just sick

RoboBOBO13
08-08-2001, 04:32 PM
Well, you won't catch me standing anywhere near that one! Unless, perhaps, they are hiding all that crap as well!

Raleighpensfan
08-08-2001, 04:40 PM
Well...this started as a good post. It went downhill fast.

CP will probably put in a woodie. I like the dueling woodies for the boardwalk. Don't hold your breath for any loopers right now. I believe they have more than enough with everyone demanding a classic woodie.

beaver2672
08-08-2001, 05:23 PM
My thoughts:

when cp first turned avalanche run into Disaster transport it was awsome! But as technology has come over the past few years, it has grown to peoples disliking, in my opinion they should build a new indoor flying coaster, with iTech as the technical designers and B&M as the coaster builders, with the amount of money cf has they could really give the aerosmith ride at IOA a run for its money, i have also HEARD that cp is taking out the iron dragon, and putting a Vekoma flyier in, with the same layout, but expanded, and more effects wuith the water, possibly a tunnel, also, to be over 200 feet. Whatever cp has in store it will be awsome!!

cgodsey
08-08-2001, 05:50 PM
FYI-
The "aerosmith ride" you are speaking of is the Rock N RollerCoaster at Disney MGM Studios.

I still say it will be a woodie.. probably Intamin...would like to see a dueling/racing woodie, but I don't know about that. It will probably be built on MF island or near Mean Streak.

RoboBOBO13
08-09-2001, 12:22 PM
I doubt cedar point would take out Iron Dragon, but it is kind of slow. I think Disaster Transport really needs fixing up beacause half the effects aren't even used anymore and the other half gets moved around. They had two robots in the queues before that talked to the audience and another one at the base of the lift hill, but the last time I saw any of those being used was 10 years ago. There also used to be this big spider thing on the ride standing in a cloud of smoke and the bobsled would go around it in a helix and into the smoke, but sometimes there is this disco ball there, and I've also seen the spider in there w/out its legs, which makes it look like a satellite. They also never use the movie screens that they used to have and there's holes in the wall on the lift hill that let sunlight in (is it supposed to be so HOT in there?). I'm all for a flier, and i heard rumors about a B&M/S&S TA2K Flier that's going somewhere between MF and the Mine Ride. I think it was going to have water effects and go underground, much like that vekoma that could replace iron dragon, but it would go on a lagoon further back in the park.

antfarm007
08-09-2001, 03:19 PM
hmm... The TA2K flier sounds like an interesting idea, but I still think that on Millenium Island there will be a B&M flier

DHollon
08-11-2001, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by antfarm007
Cedar Point will reclaim it's title from Magic Mountain next year, once again becoming the coaster capital of the world. Cedar Point has 14 rollercoasters at the moment, but has been beaten by the Six Flags park in 2001 which has 15 rollercoasters (although two are yet to open

The truth to this is, even when Deja Vu and X open SFMM will only be TIED with CP. For some reason they refuse to have Flashback open and it is almost always SBNO. In order to claim a title you must offer the goods. SBNO is not accountable IMHO. Thus right now CP is leading by 2 (TWO) coasters, because Flashback has yet, or barely, been open this summer.

cedar_point_lover
08-11-2001, 12:51 AM
I went to cedar point today (friday) and almost all the effects were running on disaster transport. And people dont say you think they will get this and that because thats what you want.

RoboBOBO13
08-11-2001, 10:45 AM
Did they have the 1701 screen on, as in, lit up? Usually you can see it, but barely because it isn't lit. Was the giant spider robot in a cloud of smoke? Was it even moving? Did the robot in the line talk? That stuff's never been running for years. My guess is that they are going to repair these problems little by little because they want to keep enough money to build a new coaster in an emergency. Also, even if some people's rumor's aren't true, some rollercoaster ideas come from rumors that work their way back to park executives or ride designers, and become true. Who knows, maybe some designers get ideas from these forums. Its not a bad idea.

RoboBOBO13
08-11-2001, 10:52 AM
I've heard that S&S and B&M are both working on the TA2K flier, which sounds really cool. It is supposed to have adjustable seats that are a lot like B&M standup seats. There's also supposed to be a lot of heartline twists and perhaps water effects. A really cool water effect that they could have would be a tunnel of water like the one on the posideon ride at Universal Islands of Adventure, but those are very power consuming, so don't count on it.

antfarm007
08-13-2001, 05:01 PM
Yeah I dont see a TA2K flier happening, Cedar Point goes for capacity and that doesn't have much

RoboBOBO13
08-13-2001, 06:18 PM
Why not?

mrk468zz
08-13-2001, 06:27 PM
I'd say because fewer people could ride per hour: there's only room for say ten people per train, and maybe two trains on the track. not large enough. when CP built Power Tower, they built FOUR to meet capacity. Building four TA2Ks would be pointless, when they could build larger-capacity coasters.

RoboBOBO13
08-14-2001, 04:21 PM
A TA2K, like any coaster, can have varying track and coach widths. If it was made into a flying coaster, it would probably have a 4-across, 32-40 passenger train instead of a single, multi-passenger coach, and would be on a wider track. I seriously doubt S&S has the technical knowledge to build one, but I heard something about B&M being involved, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

HardRock930
08-14-2001, 05:25 PM
Cedar Point needs a Flying Coaster by B&M. They would about have all current types of coasters out.

Coastercameron
08-15-2001, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by antfarm007
I have heard that Cedar Point is shipping the Swan Boats to MA, WoF, or VF. I see MA as most likely.

Quick Question Antfarm, Where in the hell would they put the swan boats at Valleyfair? In the 3 foot deep pond filled with fountians or the Thunder Canyon channels? :D :rolleyes:

NitroExplodes
08-15-2001, 10:00 AM
They could always build a lake!

adude
08-17-2001, 03:18 AM
MF island has room if u took out ID u could get five coasters with the island and have a better ride than iron dragon not that is isnt good but inst there room int he forest ID is in right there and a thing they could do is include the water park that would be good. an

RoboBOBO13
08-17-2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by adude
MF island has room if u took out ID u could get five coasters with the island and have a better ride than iron dragon not that is isnt good but inst there room int he forest ID is in right there and a thing they could do is include the water park that would be good. an

Anyone ever heard of PUNCTUATION? A little rushed maybe? Geez!
Anyways, they're not going to go through all the trouble to rip out Iron Dragon. Its a perfectly good ride, a little old, but never the less good. Its only downfall is that the lift hills are so slow. I think they should tear out the lift hills and install something that is, faster, a little less conspicuous, and maybe even quieter.

Rider
08-17-2001, 02:17 PM
You need to think of ID as more of a family ride. My family wont go on Blue Streak (well, maybe once a year). But they go on ID every trip (sometimes more than once a trip). It is a family ride, no it is not for people who like MF. It is for people who want to work there way up there.

mrk468zz
08-17-2001, 04:48 PM

Anyways, they're not going to go through all the trouble to rip out Iron Dragon.

also, taking out iron dragon wouldn't give them much room. this is the most crowded place in the park, with mforce, mantis, wildcat, iron dragon, and corkscrew so close together. and mf island doesn't give them much room, either. this is the one area of the park i don't seem them expanding into. i would guess that the back of the park and quite a bit of the 'right' side (looking down on a typical park map) would offer areas of expansion.

Gemini
08-18-2001, 05:17 PM
I have heard from lots of people that they are going to build a Thrust Air 2000 Duel track which would go near Dodgem and they are supposed to take out the Swan Boat ride and will be over 400 feet tall! So maybe they have already secretly working on that. And supposely they are getting a B&M of some sort. And alot of people still talk about a CCI or Intamin woodie. So hopefully we will see three coasters next year which would be awesome. But they probably will take one of those out and hold it back for another year for Millenium Force Junior! Yippeeeee.

RoboBOBO13
08-21-2001, 02:30 PM
The ThrustAir isn't even 300 ft. tall, yet it goes over 100 mph. Why have one that's 400 ft.?

Gemini
08-21-2001, 04:59 PM
Have I am just saying what I have heard. I think it will be more around 250ft probably to make it a record holder but I think that if they wanted a new record breaker than they can make it happen.

raser
08-21-2001, 07:26 PM
The ThrustAir isn't even 300 ft. tall, yet it goes over 100 mph. Why have one that's 400 ft.?
Why? Just imagine CP actually beating SFMM at their own game making a ride where all it does is go up and down then back again at over 400 feet this would put an end to the "tallest rollercoaster on earth" well atleast untill someone get crazy and builds a 500 footer

mrk468zz
08-21-2001, 09:00 PM
if cp does build a large coaster next year, maybe they'll try to build the tallest looping coaster, or maybe a coaster with the tallest loop. i don't know, just speculation. I think that a B&M looping or a smaller-type coaster is most likely.

coastergenius100
08-22-2001, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by serpent king
yeah...they are gonna build one on millenium island

Yeah, I don't see why not, they have a lot of unused space there.

mrk468zz
08-22-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by coastergenius100

Yeah, I don't see why not, they have a lot of unused space there.

not that much room. plus, it would crowd the middle of the park too much. they need to expand into the front-right, right, and back areas where they have much more room. and i don't want them to ruin the view on MFORCE so quickly.

Ex-Banshee96
08-22-2001, 03:57 PM
Iron Dragon is not leaving. Think about it. Removing any coaster drops the overall coaster count, it's simply math. The Thrust Air is not coming to Sandusky..but feel free to hold your breath and find out what happens.

-Ex-Banshee96, who reminds you that Friends Don't Let Friends Go To Six Flags...

mrk468zz
08-23-2001, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Banshee96
Iron Dragon is not leaving. Think about it. Removing any coaster drops the overall coaster count, it's simply math. The Thrust Air is not coming to Sandusky..but feel free to hold your breath and find out what happens.

-Ex-Banshee96, who reminds you that Friends Don't Let Friends Go To Six Flags...

while i agree, i thought you said that CP doesn't care about the coaster count, 'not now, not ever'?

Processor
08-23-2001, 01:26 PM
I've heard the rumors about the Ta2K as well.

One thing is for sure. Dogems is coming out. There are
4 markers around the structure already. One in the back
corner behind dogems in the bushes, one out on the front corner by the lagoon, and 2 in the island of seats between dogems
and the Magnum.

Clearly marking out something. New loading station maybee?

They have already taken core samples of the ground in that area....

I have seen no markers or anything else over by the swans.

Whatever is going on, CP is keeping it very quiet. Any kind
of new coaster would be cool.

We will know by the end of the season I'm sure...

cedarpointfreak
08-23-2001, 04:21 PM
hopefully they get a launched coaster they don't have one and most of all the other parks do even PKI has a launched

mrk468zz
08-23-2001, 08:02 PM
i had an enjoyable day today at the point, and i kept an eagle eye out for ANY signs of construction. sadly, i saw next to nothing. i searched most everywhere, but there was little that I could see.

Raleighpensfan
08-23-2001, 09:27 PM
I am almost certain that whatever they add, they will integrate it into the already standing rides. CP does not take rides out often to put in others. I would bet on something on the lakeside, or in the back of the park. Maybe a coaster out into Lake Erie...Just kidding...We're not starting that again...

RoboBOBO13
08-23-2001, 11:27 PM
Cedar Point is not putting any launched coaster in any time soon. Part of their strategy is getting people through the lines as fast as possible, and that's not gonnna happen if the coaster doesn't have at least three trains, and they will carry over 20 people each. And if they can't carry that many, like WildCat and Disaster Transport, then they put in 5-10 cars on the ride. I think they could get a TA2K if Stan and his people at S&S can put more people in the car, or turn it into a train. I think it would be cool if they got a continuous loop impulse coaster like The Hulk at Universal Islands of Adventure, complete with lift hill tunnel and maybe some other effects, and I think its time for a simulator ride at the Point. I have a crazy idea to tear out Aladdin's Palace and put in a new white palace with a bigger, air conditioned, arabian-themed arcade, fountains, skylights, and a sim ride positioned in four towers on the building, though it probably won't happen.