PDA

View Full Version : Wizarding World of Harry Potter Constuction Video

Alex Westerman
10-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Take a look at the construction of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando Florida. See how the progress of Hogwarts Castle, Hogsmeade Village and more is coming along. Video was shot by Orlando Attraction... Click here to read more... (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3277/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-constuction-video.html)

Alex Westerman
10-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm excited to see how the narrative plays out in the story telling of the area. It should bring real cohesion to the park now.

Michael C
10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
The area is looking amazing. Hopefully the HP fad doesn't die out too quickly.

ElBarto
11-03-2009, 12:15 AM
I just don't understand how they think this area is going to remain popular in the next decade.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the Harry Potter thing was over. Are there even more movies to come? Does anyone really care?

I never really understood this move by the park, I can understand if this was happening 5 years ago. I'm sure the detail will be spectacular (not that I'd recognize anything because I've not read 1 page of the series) but to me it seems like they really missed the boat on this attraction.

arjaybee
11-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Harry Potter is as much a pop culture phenom as 'Star Wars' or 'Star Trek' or 'Shrek' or 'The Lord of the Rings'. There are 2 more movies to be released, Deathly Hollows Vol. 1 & 2 and the books and movies themselves will live on for decades as was the case with 'The Lord of the Rings' and ''Star Wars'.
I don't think that 8 movies and 7 books with as much worldwide appeal as HP can be dismissed as a 'fad'. This is an excellent move by Universal Island of Adventure and will have a more lasting appeal than some of the themed areas currently there.