PDA

View Full Version : I love the new lay out

scottinca
07-19-2001, 11:53 AM
I love the new layout for the message bored. I like the look and feel of it. It really feels like a Coaster Comunity.

Thanks for the Fresh look.

Great Job!!!! :-)

Sir Willow
07-19-2001, 12:25 PM
And they aren't done yet! Lots more enhancements and improvements still on the way.

Now do all of you guys see why us moderators weren't "doom and gloom", but were actually excited about what was coming up? And you haven't even seen the site that's going to be coming either!!

Bob Dunn
07-19-2001, 01:42 PM
Little do they know what's in store... :cool:

"Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily." ~Johann Von Schiller

Give us time. ;)

Medusa1861
07-19-2001, 01:45 PM
Like the layout hate that stipid long password that is impossible to remember

Sir Willow
07-19-2001, 01:49 PM
Then change it!!! Click on the "user cp" tab up top, then click on the change password link on the top of the next page. Enter in the huge long thing for the old one, and your new one in the next two spaces. Voila, no more huge password.

beltzies64
07-19-2001, 02:10 PM
Heh, Medusa you must not be a member of very many message boards. Most board systems (UBB, IkonBoard, vBulletin) email you a very long password but then you can just change it!

floorless58
07-19-2001, 09:21 PM
Wonderful, a new message board with a periwinkle skin...

Not exactly what I was hoping for. I've encounter more errors today on these boards that I ever did on the old boards! The # of pages for topics are constantly changing, and the graphics and user information are totally screwed up. Not to mention, what are all the stupid symbols covering the forum supposed to mean? Everything is so cramped now. Oh, and the icing on the cake-we get a new subpar set of smilies.

:roll:

Yup, I'm psyched for the future of Thrillride...Oh well...

"Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not. "

-Elias Root Beadle

Aaron
07-19-2001, 09:30 PM
It needs some work, sure, but I like the new features.

Sir Willow
07-19-2001, 10:11 PM
Floorless- it is day one of a brand new software set. Of course there is going to be debugging that has to be done. You must have missed the first few days on the old forums to, cause there were more bugs there than there are now- at least that I've seen.

Don't like how things look? Go up to the preferences and you can adjust some of it.

And I'm sure that there are more smilies and so forth on the way, but it's a low priority as they get everything else fixed.

Sorry that have so many extra features (attach/insert images, better PM system, color and varied text, polls, and a ton more) just don't interest you.

Kraken
07-19-2001, 10:47 PM
Ever notice how this is www.rollercoaster.com/boards, and not just rollercoaster.com? I'm pretty sure these boards are just a tiny section. Rollercoaster.com will be the true location of project Phoenix.

Bob Dunn
07-19-2001, 10:50 PM
:cool:

Somebody's getting close to pinning the tail on the donkey...

Natelox
07-19-2001, 11:01 PM
love it. its great new layout. and 10000 post u get your own avitar? cool! something to shoot for ;)

CPFan2005
07-19-2001, 11:25 PM
I like the new look. It's much sleeker and professional looking than the old one. I can't wait to see what Project Phoenix has in store...

SfgadvaWs
07-19-2001, 11:37 PM
I really dont like it at all, the old one was much user freindly, and simple. Theres to much here, i guess I have to get good with it, but i like the old one much better.

Coastercameron
07-19-2001, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I hate it! It is WAY to hard to use and the collers are HORRID!!! And what the heck are all those weird icons on top??? And the signatures don't work!!! I have a Sig but it doesint show up.

Sir Willow
07-20-2001, 12:01 AM
If you're having problems, like it sounds like you are, take a couple of minutes and read through the faq's. That will help you out.

Whatever you do, be sure to check out the "user cp" tab and check out your profile and options!! This is where you fix your signature- you have to change your setting in the options to showing your signature by default. Otherwise make sure that you check the box when you are making a post that says, "show signature"

If you are having problems figuring things out, feel free to ask. In fact- go ahead and IM me if you're stuck. My AOL IM is gburnash2, and I'll be more than happy to help if I'm on.

Trust me, once you look around and see what's here, you won't want to go back to the old system.

And this is just the boards. You guys haven't even seen the site yet. Project Phoenix has just begun.

Kraken
07-20-2001, 12:07 AM
So I was right! My guess:

Incorporating the data from all the sites that Thrillride! obtained
Chat
The comeback of WR/RN
Trivia contests
Thrillride! Gem being incorporated

Yankee Cannonball
07-20-2001, 08:31 AM
Kraken, WR/RN already has returned, under the Weekly Rumors section on these boards.

Anyway, here's what I think there'll be:

New Articles (hence, them asking people to submit articles)
An archive of the ride reviews (I think a mod mentioned something about this)
An archive of the other special features that existed on the old site
A ride review of the Phoenix at Knoebel's, written by Tyler Eaves (get it? This is the Phoenix project, and Tyler just became Administrator, and he is obsessed with Knoebel's and the Phoenix... just kidding, Ty :) .... okay it wasn't funny. Never mind.)

Kraken, what's a Thrillride! Gem supposed to be?

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
07-20-2001, 11:46 AM
I thoght the looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg password was ridiculous I am glad you could change it. As for the site I am wondering what is next. I think that this was a hint of things to come and I think we have not heard the last from Coker. One thing that I think this site will have is some of the things from the World of COasters (Park Reviews, coaster almanac, etc.) some of the things from Thrillride.com (Ride reviews, rumors, [hopefully whopper of the week will return] and previews) and also some things of its on too make it number one coaster website (like it wasn't already).

Andy Hodgson
07-20-2001, 01:13 PM
i LOVE what has been done to update te boards
and CANT WAIT to see the future site

Magnum will always rule!
07-20-2001, 10:03 PM
It seems much more professional.

antfarm007
07-21-2001, 03:35 PM
The boards still have to have their problems work out, I find a new one almost every day :-) such as the links to rollercoaster.com

DragonSamurai
07-24-2001, 01:11 PM
yes this new format is soo much better..it loads faster and it dosent give me a weird error mesage i used to get (im an aol user) about the javascrip..i only miss the laughin icon :(