PDA

View Full Version : How Crowded Is Kings Island?

Bort
07-19-2001, 09:45 PM
I'm going to Kings ISland soon and I was wondering how crowded is it usually on a tues and weds during August? Also, how long are most of the line waits? Are there any rides with usually short lines? Are there rides with usually longer ones. Can anyone help me out here. Is there any good times to ride a specific ride? Please give me your input. Thanks.

RCTfreak
07-19-2001, 10:19 PM
The Beast is useally no longer then 30 mintues.
Son of Beast really dependes somewhere in the area of 45-65 mintues.
King Cobra not long useally if they have both trains working.
Racer's useally never long. (backwards useally longest)
Adventure Express never long.
Vortex about 30-45 min.
Face/'Off useally about 1-2 hours

SONOFBEAST1
07-19-2001, 11:16 PM
I would suggest to not go to PKI on a Tues. The reason is because Tuesdays are "Gold Pass Two for Tuesdays". That means that people who own a PKI Gold Pass can ride selected rides such as the SOB, Drop Zone, Face Off, The Beast and others two times in succession without leaving the rides loading platform. If you do not have a "Gold Pass" it means that it extends your wait in line. I was at PKI on Tues. 07/10 and fell victim to this. The only ride that had an unusually long wait was the King Cobra. This seemed to be caused by a combination of poor ride ops, and the poor design of the rides restraint system.

This advise shouldn't stop you from going to PKI. PKI is a wonderful park. With rides like SOB, Beast, Top Gun, FOF, Face Off, and Drop Zone, PKI is easily in my top 5 for favorite parks.

One more piece of advise is ride the Son of Beast as far toward the front of the train as possible. If you do you maybe as astounded by this marvel as I am.

Honan Beetch
07-20-2001, 01:03 PM
Paramount's Kings Islands isn't usually too crowded whenever I go there. I don't have to wait really long to get on the coasters. Son of Beast is the best wooden coaster out there!

coasterbuzz
07-20-2001, 02:13 PM
I'm going next Friday... are Fridays this far into the season usually crowded?

condor27
07-21-2001, 04:19 AM
Been there on Friday..... hardly saw any crowd....

longest line is Face/Off, since there is one train only. But the rest is either walk-ons or less than 20 minutes.....