PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Fair sues Santa Clara

Wes
12-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Last week Cedar Fair filed suit against the city of Santa Clara, saying an agreement between the city and the San Francisco 49ers is illegal.

The lawsuit filed December 7, says the city should have approved an environmental impact report for the sta... Click here to read more... (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3364/cedar-fair-sues-santa-clara.html)

Leo C
12-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I hate the corporate business park atmosphere that surrounds and chokes California's Great America. I do not want to see any more new neighbors to further entangle the area like the 49ers. I love NFL football but I really would like them closer to San Francisco. I understand all the money is in the Valley but please stay away from Great America. The current stadium location for the Oakland Raiders would make them the franchise closest to San Francisco if the Niners get this new stadium location next to Great America. I look back to the Astroworld-Houston Texans scenario of poor excuses for an example of what could go wrong.

Wes
12-17-2009, 06:07 AM
I agree, and while I know every team hopes for the glory days again, let's face it, both teams are not very good anymore.

It would make more sense to me to have one stadium for the two teams.

Leo C
12-24-2009, 04:06 PM
As long as the new Bay Bridge opens up I think a new dual tenant NFL Stadium should be built in Oakland next to Oakland Coliseum.

Michael C
12-28-2009, 09:14 AM
They need to keep the stadium away from the park. I despise this NFL tradition of shifting teams as they need new stadiums. The teams should be close to the cities they are representing. There has to be a better option, with news of the Vally actually offering to build a stadium, the Lawsuit might have a bit more power. I think CF needs to be ready to buy the extra parking lot land out right when all is said and done.