PDA

View Full Version : Best T-Shirt at your homepark?

X COASTER
07-20-2001, 03:38 PM
At every themepark, there's stores that sell ride T-shirts. So the question is: What is the best T-shirt at your homepark? My homepark is KBF and the best shirt is that purple Ghostrider shirt.

DragonSamurai
07-20-2001, 04:20 PM
Superman T shirt

SFMM (i think its heck of cool)

coasterguy1
07-20-2001, 06:11 PM
The Texas Cyclopne shirt @ SFAW.

Natelox
07-20-2001, 06:34 PM
at playland we only have some t-shirts of the hellavator, a s s power ride.

phantompenguin
07-20-2001, 07:11 PM
At Kennywood the T-Shirt design not available yet...it has the symbol for all the coasters on it. But out of the current ones probably the black Phantom's Revenge shirt, it has the Phantom next to a grave that says Steel Phantom 1991-2000 and has the Phantom's Revenge in the background, on the back it has the "story".

Anaconda
07-21-2001, 12:29 AM
At BGW its the one that sports the "Apollo's Chariot" logo and the Big Bad Wolf one.

ARROW GUY
07-21-2001, 04:26 AM
I agree with phantompenguin, but I also really loved the blue Steel Phantom shirts last year with the farewell script on the back. Even though it's not my home park (Great America hasn't had a great shirt since the Tidal Wave), Kennywood has lots of neat designs! I also like the polo with the famous embroidered arrow. :cool:

raser
07-22-2001, 11:10 PM
Last year I almost bought the Mean Streak shirt where the gang from the Penuts cartoon were standing by the coaster and Charlie Brown was running away saying Noo Waaaaay!!!
I thought that was very funny considering that is how my daughter felt!

CoolCoasterKid
07-22-2001, 11:32 PM
Well, for my home park:

1. Nitro (Cool shirts)
2. Chiller

But overall:

1. Dueling Dragons (That is a great shirt)
2. Millennium Force (How can you resist? :) )

Raleighpensfan
07-23-2001, 09:44 AM
I really wanted the shirt from Kennywood that had all the coasters on it, but they didn't have it in June.

Busch Gardens has a shirt with all their coasters and Escape from Pompeii that has a checklist. It's nice.

Cyclone Master
07-23-2001, 09:56 AM
(BGW is gonna be my homepark now)

The best shirts at BGW, is the Big Bad Wolf ones(the black one where the wolf is staring at you and has drool comming out his mouth), and the Alpengeist ones(the black one where the snow-beast is grabbing the track and snarling). I also like the Apollo's Chariot shirts they have(The purple one with the chariot on it and the black one with the golden logo)

I didn't buy a Loch Ness Monster shirt because they looked stupid, but I bought all the ones listed above.

JD
07-23-2001, 12:23 PM
At Carowinds, my homepark, they have a Top Gun: The Jet Coaster shirt that has all of the stats and elements. It's has a cool pic of the coaster, too.

DeKalb
07-23-2001, 04:26 PM
I've never seen the ride shirts at my homepark (SFOG) I mean almost no one buys souvenirs of their homepark. But the coolest shirt is the blue Millennium Force shirt that has the stats on it. I have the shirt but I can't wear it cuz it's too big. (they didn't have small... :( ) I also like the MF shirt for little kids (the Peanuts people on the top of the ride with one of them hanging off the end. At the top it says "My First Millennium Force Shirt". Aww!)

phantompenguin
07-23-2001, 04:49 PM
Kennywood's great shirt:

Raleighpensfan
07-23-2001, 10:59 PM
Anybody know if the kennywood 2001 shirts are selling yet? I would love to get one and pay someone to ship me one. Beltzie or phantompenguin, or any of you in the Burgh...Let me know.

phantompenguin
07-24-2001, 01:49 AM
so far they are not for sale yet, I am going again on the 6th so I'll tell you if I see it!

antfarm007
07-24-2001, 08:59 AM
The best shirt at CP is the black one that says "The Fearsome Five" and has the logos of Raptor, Mantis, Magnum, Millenium Force, and Mean Streak, the Raptor bird never looked better.

Raleighpensfan
07-24-2001, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by phantompenguin
so far they are not for sale yet, I am going again on the 6th so I'll tell you if I see it!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it! I could only go once this year. I used to live in the Burgh. I am coming up this week, but I'll only be in Burgh Friday to see the buccos.

Andy Hodgson
07-24-2001, 01:58 PM
T-Shirt!
T-Shirt?
you mean they sell t-shirts at theme parks now?!?!?!
j/k
my closest park, LibertyLand, doesnt sell any. but SFOT and SFOG and SFKK and SFStl which are all 4 hours away have good t-shirts.

Honan Beetch
07-24-2001, 09:19 PM
Busch Gardens Williamsburg's "Fear the Four" t-shirt is awesome! Too bad my scanner doesn't work. I would have scanned the shirt. I remember when Drachen Fire used to be operation a few years ago. The "Fear the Four" shirt featured Alpengeist, The Big Bad Wolf, Drachen Fire, and The Lochness Monster. Now, it features Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, The Big Bad Wolf, and The Lochness Monster. It would have been a better t-shirt if it said "Fear the Five."

Kopp8699
07-25-2001, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by CoolCoasterKid
Well, for my home park:

1. Nitro (Cool shirts)
2. Chiller

But overall:

1. Dueling Dragons (That is a great shirt)
2. Millennium Force (How can you resist? :) )
I no i love the nitro and chiller shirts....... when i go wednesday (my trip is pushed back a week :,( so i have 2 wait) im bying a Chiller shirt

200th Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill Anne
07-25-2001, 11:28 AM
on sale now? I dunno, I didn't look very hard at CP. I wanted a Mean Streak or Raptor shirt, but there was just MF stuff everywhere. Which is okay, but I love woodies and being upside down... eh anyway...

My FAVORITE CP shirt is my Iron Dragon one. People look at you a little lopsided when you where one of those to the park. And they ask you where you got it too. My b/f wanted to tell them about this time machine located at the back of the park where you could go back and get one (I got it the first year ID opened, it was really big on me then, hehe.) but I wouldn't let him.

Whodaman88
07-25-2001, 11:49 AM
The MF shirt at cedar point that has the red logo on the front and the first turn on the back with all the records and the spedometer(sp?)!

SorcererMickey54
07-25-2001, 02:37 PM
Some years back when they opened the Top Gun steel coaster at Marriott's Great Amer...(oops, make that PARAMOUNT's) Great America, they held a "Physics & Science Day".
The T-shirts had the performance specs of the ride, including G-forces, Neg-G-Forces, number & types of turns, you know, all the kind of info you get looking at a ride in, say, Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Except for it being on a white shirt, it's nice-enough looking (red, white & blue), but it's nothing special insofar as graphic design. The specs are the interesting part.

Also, having had friends working at GA at the time of the "Willard's Whizzer" fatality, we printed up some that said "I surveved Willard's Whizzer!" and then shredded them and stained them red. The Rides Division responded with their own shirt: "I survived the Buzzy Bee!" (a kiddie-go-round for the under-5 set.)

birderboy
07-25-2001, 05:43 PM
The really old Big Bad Wolf shirts are hilarious! It shows a cartoon wolf running on coaster track, and it says, "I survived the Big Bad Wolf." HAHAHAHAHAHA! Boy that's hilarious! I need to get a "I survived Scooby's Ghoster Coaster" t-shirt. They're pretty much saying the same thing.

The new BBW logo is pretty cool though. I also like the checklist and the 'fear the four' shirts.

It's scary that Elitch Gardens actually makes a Boomerang shirt...

punkrawker
07-25-2001, 05:52 PM
the viper t-shirts but the demon ones are cool too at sfgam

Ioa Master
07-25-2001, 08:06 PM
Mine Is Dueling Dragons And I Bought Obviously.

antfarm007
07-26-2001, 10:47 AM
I still say that the Fearsome Five shirt at Cedar Point is the best, but nobody knows what I am talking about

J-Brew2001
07-31-2001, 06:02 PM
The Deja Vu shirt @ SFGam was pretty cool with the logo "ride it again for the very first time".

robot152
08-22-2001, 07:34 PM
X is the best T-shirt

X-Cellent
08-23-2001, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by DragonSamurai
Superman T shirt

SFMM (i think its heck of cool)
Yeah that is a cool shirt:)

GAcoasterguy
08-23-2001, 02:56 PM
My fave (though not from my homepark) is the Volcano t-shirt with the tikki idol on it that says "the gods are angry"...that one's the best.

BryanWood
08-23-2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
The best shirt at CP is the black one that says "The Fearsome Five" and has the logos of Raptor, Mantis, Magnum, Millenium Force, and Mean Streak, the Raptor bird never looked better.

Where do they sell those at? I wanna get one!!!

rocketman23
08-23-2001, 05:28 PM
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls shirt at IOA! It's... eccentric.

DrachenFire96
08-23-2001, 05:31 PM
BGW's coolest, in my opinion was the fear the four, with the logo's of all the coasters, and then any of the alpengeist or the really old Drachen Fire shirts. Now that my homepark is PKD, the best are the Hypersonic shirts.

serpent king
08-23-2001, 06:04 PM
the fear the four T-Shirt at BGT was pretty kool. Then had the Kumba panther-like animal both animal sides of gwazi and the egyptian god from Montu. It looked really kool.

V2kid62489
08-23-2001, 10:33 PM
i like the 5 rides at SFmw shirt

J-Brew2001
08-24-2001, 12:27 AM
Cedar Point had a really cool one for Raptor. I forgot the details on it but it was cool.

SFstinks
08-24-2001, 10:54 AM
SFWoA (though not my home park) has a GREAT shirt. It show the jaws of a shark, and in the middle it says..

"Six Flags Worlds of Adventure. This place bites"

I love that shirt!

V2kid62489
08-24-2001, 11:43 AM
heres a pic of mine http://www.sfmwonline.com/media/updates.072001.035f.jpg

CofC Cougar
08-24-2001, 12:25 PM
My home park is Paramounts Carowinds and I woul dhave to say the best t-shirt is...hmmmmm...i would think the various 7th Portal t-shirts. The Top Gun shirts are ok but I favor the 7th Portal Shirts!

edh101985
08-24-2001, 10:30 PM
De ja vu has a cool tee-shirt. I dont waste my money buying souvanears when i could go back to the park whenever i want.

Thrill Rider
08-24-2001, 10:42 PM
It's not my home park, but the coolest t-shirt I've ever seen is a CP shirt that has the "Top Ten Ways To Tell if your a Coaster Enhtusiast" or something along those lines, but it's pretty funny. Example lines: You truly think Millennium Force is the eigth wonder of the world. You think astronauts should be space trained on the Magnum XL-200.

phantompenguin
08-24-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Thrill Rider
It's not my home park, but the coolest t-shirt I've ever seen is a CP shirt that has the "Top Ten Ways To Tell if your a Coaster Enhtusiast" or something along those lines, but it's pretty funny. Example lines: You truly think Millennium Force is the eigth wonder of the world. You think astronauts should be space trained on the Magnum XL-200.

I loved that shirt, though 2 things about it were bad, the anything less than a 1 hour wait isn't worth riding is BS I can't stand waiting though...and the second problem...I didn't see the shirt in any of the stores. I only saw it on a couple people.

J-Brew2001
08-25-2001, 06:15 AM
I would think that Nitro would have a really cool t-shirt. If anyone has found a cool one, let us know.

DrachenFire96
08-25-2001, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by J-Brew2001
I would think that Nitro would have a really cool t-shirt. If anyone has found a cool one, let us know.

When I was there in May, the few Nitro shirts they had were majorly generic. I bought one simply to buy it, the black one with Nitro written in blue and small section of coaster track. I have to say if your talking about SFGadv, their coolest shirts were the Medusa shirts, with the medusa face with track mingled in with snakes in her head...that was cool. I bought 2 medusa shirts that day, and one lousy Nitro shirt...I hope six flags gets better shirts for that coaster, it did deserve better.

J-Brew2001
08-25-2001, 11:10 PM
I totally for got about Medusa! That coaster has the coolest colors for its track!

Erik Johnson
08-26-2001, 10:27 AM
All threads that ask any of the following need to be posted in the "Polls" Forum.

-"What is the best..........?"
-"What is the worst..........?"
-"..........versus.........."
-"What's your favorite..........?"
-"What's your least favorite..........?"
-"Which is better..........or..........?"
-"Which is worse..........or.........."?
-Any other superlative

I'm moving this thread to "Polls" now.

Jokercoaster
09-19-2001, 09:00 PM
I liked the Dueling Dragons shirt. On one of them on the back it says:
Battled the Heat
Braved the Cold
Still Survived

Marcus
12-22-2001, 07:47 PM
CP ulimate T-Shirt is

Its a gray shirt and on the front it say "Goliath?"
Then on the back it has a pic of Millennium Force.
mmmmm SWEETNESS